Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
copied bop info Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:35 am

» Scandalous .......
copied bop info Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
copied bop info Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
copied bop info Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
copied bop info Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
copied bop info Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
copied bop info Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Morgan's new job
copied bop info Emptyby Knackered Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:43 pm

» Another find
copied bop info Emptyby David Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) copied bop info 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 116 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 116 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.copied bop info Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
copied bop info Vote_lcapcopied bop info Voting_barcopied bop info Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222577 messages in 14000 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
copied bop info Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
copied bop info Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

copied bop info

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

copied bop info Empty
PostSubject: copied bop info   copied bop info EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:43 am

I phoned David Bills yesterday after my dad and good friend had hawk attacks.

We now hear that almost everyone within the sport has had an attack.

I asked David directly what are you doing about the huge problem we all face regarding the raptor problem.

He said we have hawk watch. I replied by saying it was a waste of time. The amount of attacks is growing by the day.

We need positive action. NOW.

I explained what I thought would be a good step in the right direction.

We have approximately 30.000 fanciers. Ask each and everyone for £20 each paid over the racing season. It would only work out to just over a quid a week. This would raise approximately £600.000.

Then employ the best barrister in the country to go to the courts of European rights to fight the RSPBA.

The first thing I would do is for every pigeon of ours killed we would want a set figure for compensation. lets start with £1.000 or even £3.000. This would be mandatory. all you would need to do would be produce the bird/birds which had been killed......I can hear you all saying that wont work because etc etc....

But if that were to be fought by a brilliant lawyer who No's. But the most important thing would be the RSPBA would now be challenged. who No's what we could achieve.

I also explained that when the public witness a raptor take one of our birds, they find the whole episode a wonderful experience. The reason being, they feel that all pigeons regardless are vermin. Simply because they don't understand the sport and what is involved.

We desperately need to change the public's perception of racing pigeons in order to help our somewhat helpless cause.

If you win public support your half way there.....

The whole of council need to address this massive issue head on straight away.

David Bills agreed..... he also explained he was attending a meeting next week along with all the other bird societies with regard to the massive raptor problems we all collectively face.

He said he would put my suggestions to Pat Mitchell.

In my opinion majority of fanciers would gladly give £20 toward the fight to save our sport.
My dad said he would pay £20 a week if it meant no more attacks.

I will also put my suggestions in writing to both David Bills, Les Blacklock and Pat Mitchell.

There are between 500/1000 members leaving the sport and the ones left are constantly now having there beloved birds taken out of the skies and eaten alive. the RPRA now need to take radical positive action.
Otherwise as I explained to David Bills racing pigeons will be know more in ten years just like our beloved house sparrow.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

copied bop info Empty
PostSubject: Re: copied bop info   copied bop info EmptySun May 02, 2010 3:44 pm

steve, i think this should have been done years ago when they first started gaining in number.......the rpra should have been on to it employing barristers etc as the money they receive off pigeon fanciers would more than cover any costs, but yet i read very little of what the rpra ever do to help the fanciers or their birds.......

someone must be held accountable for the slaughter of our birds ? either the rspb or the councils that "emply" the bops...........?
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

copied bop info Empty
PostSubject: Re: copied bop info   copied bop info EmptySun May 02, 2010 4:16 pm

yes i agree theyve started far too late to do much, i watch replies to a lot of this, much moaning going off but very little action
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

copied bop info Empty
PostSubject: Re: copied bop info   copied bop info EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:43 pm

Fair play Steve for your comments, you have my support in this matter
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

copied bop info Empty
PostSubject: Re: copied bop info   copied bop info EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:00 pm

Very Happy Well got to say thats the most sense on this subject I have ever heared anyone say, And I for one would pay £100 if I thought we could do that and chalenge the rspb, even if it meant we could kill the fcukers in defence of our stock legally, even that would be a victory to start with and would get the rspb thinking.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

copied bop info Empty
PostSubject: Re: copied bop info   copied bop info EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:27 pm

thats right, they seem to be doing exactly what they want and no one seems to be challenging them....wonder what they would do if things were made uncomfortable for them.....?
Back to top Go down
Pete H.
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
Pete H.

copied bop info Empty
PostSubject: Re: copied bop info   copied bop info EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:11 pm

local fanciers round here suffer a lot with bops,open country side so we are sitting targets,mind you needless to say occasionally we chalk one up for the pigeon man. Very Happy

pete.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

copied bop info Empty
PostSubject: Re: copied bop info   copied bop info EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:03 am

Pete H. wrote:
local fanciers round here suffer a lot with bops,open country side so we are sitting targets,mind you needless to say occasionally we chalk one up for the pigeon man. Very Happy

pete.

Very Happy everywhere i go on the site tonight pete youve been.............. cheers are you taking over or something............. scratch lol! lol! lol!

keep up the posting peter..................... lol! soz, pete..... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

copied bop info Empty
PostSubject: Re: copied bop info   copied bop info Empty

Back to top Go down

copied bop info
Page 1 of 1