Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Young birds dying. Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:35 am

» Scandalous .......
Young birds dying. Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Young birds dying. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Young birds dying. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Young birds dying. Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Young birds dying. Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
Young birds dying. Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Morgan's new job
Young birds dying. Emptyby Knackered Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:43 pm

» Another find
Young birds dying. Emptyby David Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Young birds dying. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 102 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 100 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan, Knackered

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Young birds dying. Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Young birds dying. Vote_lcapYoung birds dying. Voting_barYoung birds dying. Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Young birds dying. Vote_lcapYoung birds dying. Voting_barYoung birds dying. Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222577 messages in 14000 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Young birds dying. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Young birds dying. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Young birds dying.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Young birds dying. Empty
PostSubject: Young birds dying.   Young birds dying. EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 1:33 am

3 a few days apart. First one was week and half getting back from first race. Figured stress, no visible marks or a weak pigeon. Two days later another one. Not flown. He was to go last weekend but I cancelled out. Fed top speeds were around a 1000 mpm. Glad I called it right! Another one today. All young birds. No marks or signs of injury. Early bred, then mid time bred then last one raised. I never get pigeons die like this!!! Never treat them. Will not start now.
I figured out the answer I beleive. To the deaths. Any one like to guess?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Young birds dying. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Young birds dying.   Young birds dying. EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 9:02 am

sorry to hear birds are dying hal, is it something the have picked up ...?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Young birds dying. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Young birds dying.   Young birds dying. EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 11:30 am

halcanada wrote:
3 a few days apart. First one was week and half getting back from first race. Figured stress, no visible marks or a weak pigeon. Two days later another one. Not flown. He was to go last weekend but I cancelled out. Fed top speeds were around a 1000 mpm. Glad I called it right! Another one today. All young birds. No marks or signs of injury. Early bred, then mid time bred then last one raised. I never get pigeons die like this!!! Never treat them. Will not start now.
I figured out the answer I beleive. To the deaths. Any one like to guess?
Wouldn't even attempt to offer you advise Hal. But  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  3 dead in a few days means you have/appear to have a major issue there I suggest. Hate to say it Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes but maybe it's just time to call in a Vet with the knowledge factor, maybe Smile Smile or even maybe put them on Virkon S as a safe guard there till some help can arrive etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Young birds dying. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Young birds dying.   Young birds dying. EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 1:59 pm

As mentioned never get a sick one. Only deaths here are by predators or me.
Perplexed me! Then checked. First one was out of one of my better racing cocks, now in stock loft. Mated to a good previously raced hen. Bird hatched in Jan. 2nd death hatched in March. Third the last bird of the year banded. SAME PARENTS!!!
So that pair produces genetically unsound young. Will remedy that. I am 99% sure that is the cause. Strange!!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Young birds dying. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Young birds dying.   Young birds dying. EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 2:26 pm

halcanada wrote:
As mentioned never get a sick one. Only deaths here are by predators or me.
Perplexed me! Then checked. First one was out of one of my better racing cocks, now  in stock loft. Mated to a good previously raced hen. Bird hatched in Jan. 2nd death hatched in March. Third the last bird of the year banded. SAME PARENTS!!!
So that pair produces genetically unsound young. Will remedy that. I am 99% sure that is the cause. Strange!!

might be like mine I found dead in the street hal, brother and sister pairing...........something in the genes maybe Suspect Suspect Suspect study
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Young birds dying. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Young birds dying.   Young birds dying. EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 6:53 pm

Not the cause Hal … just the sauce.

I think I would give them all a full strength Canker cure with a full strength Baytril mixed together, for 5 consecutive days...
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Young birds dying. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Young birds dying.   Young birds dying. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2018 12:48 am

Just checked email. This posted few days ago.
Steve and Linda Walsh <walshsl@amtelecom.net>
Fri 08-24, 5:05 PM
You;Viorel Koczi (vckoczi@gmail.com);
Further to Roland's email below guys, I have just struck a deal, minutes ago, that the baskets and trailer will be power washed/sanitized weekly.......Steve
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 11:16 AM
To: walshsl@amtelecom.net
Subject: Fw: Sick Birds

Hi Guys! It was brought to my attention this morning that there is quite a few members who are experiencing sick birds. To try to avoid any further spreading and trying to keep it to a minimum, the trailer has been washed. If you notice any sign of sick birds in your loft please avoid shipping. Thank you........... Your transportation chairman.........................Roland Paret.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Young birds dying. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Young birds dying.   Young birds dying. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2018 1:08 am

So I may be wrong!!! Heaven forbid!!
Was going to quit for the year. Hope springs eternal! Plan of action. Tomorrow, Thursday will train all young 20 miles. Weather is not looking good but will do it. Return at reasonable speed will fly them this week end. Not a good looking week end for racing but will ship. 205 miles for first timers. All races after this weekend short is 250 miles, long 300. Hate to start them at 250.
As for canker suggestion NO. Never treated for years. No point in doing it now.
Worked Dairy in the UK. Other livestock. Same over here. Managed herds of thousands of hogs. Farrow to finish. Vaccines, vets, all anti-biotics, wormers etc,. Feed on timers, medicated water etc,. But in the hog industry prop up the weak. They can be sold! Has to be that way. Cannot operate on a loss.
Pigeons, mine any way, are freebies for other people. So can do whatever I want.
Health wise keep the best. They are probably the better fliers/producers anyway. JMO.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Young birds dying. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Young birds dying.   Young birds dying. EmptyFri Aug 31, 2018 7:58 am

I don't think it a problem treating for a disease its the repeat offenders that need to be dealt with but we all have our own ways of dealing with things at least it looks likely the problem was on the transporter good luck
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Young birds dying. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Young birds dying.   Young birds dying. EmptyFri Aug 31, 2018 2:14 pm

Did not train nor will I ship. However, this morning they are up for two hours again. The ones not nesting. Will ship next week. 250 miler.
I did add 1 gram Tetracycline to the water.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Young birds dying. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Young birds dying.   Young birds dying. Empty

Back to top Go down

Young birds dying.
Page 1 of 1