Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Crunch time here. Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:35 am

» Scandalous .......
Crunch time here. Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Crunch time here. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Crunch time here. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Crunch time here. Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Crunch time here. Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
Crunch time here. Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Morgan's new job
Crunch time here. Emptyby Knackered Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:43 pm

» Another find
Crunch time here. Emptyby David Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Crunch time here. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 90 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 90 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Crunch time here. Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Crunch time here. Vote_lcapCrunch time here. Voting_barCrunch time here. Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Crunch time here. Vote_lcapCrunch time here. Voting_barCrunch time here. Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222577 messages in 14000 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Crunch time here. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Crunch time here. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Crunch time here.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Crunch time here. Empty
PostSubject: Crunch time here.   Crunch time here. EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 11:17 pm

No more young died. Not out because of high winds. But usually fly good. 1 yearling died few days ago. 1 stock bird today. Previous racer. They had Tetracycline in the water for 3 days. Apparently did not do much. So will not medicate again. Maybe not fly any YB races either. Will let it run its course. AC vinegar every other day. Strong will survive.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Crunch time here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crunch time here.   Crunch time here. EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 12:50 am

halcanada wrote:
No more young died. Not out because of high winds. But usually fly good. 1 yearling died few days ago. 1 stock bird today. Previous racer. They had Tetracycline in the water for 3 days. Apparently did not do much. So will not medicate again. Maybe not fly any YB races either. Will let it run its course. AC vinegar every other day. Strong will survive.
Certainly appear to have an issue their Hal, unfortunately. Know of Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes a world renowned Vet etc Wink Wink happy to advise I suggest bounce bounce & also lightning the load with what you carry in your pocket there  Wink  Wink if interested Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Crunch time here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crunch time here.   Crunch time here. EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 8:14 am

sorry to hear yer having an issue their hal ,was 3 days enough
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Crunch time here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crunch time here.   Crunch time here. EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 1:40 am

3 to 5 days on directions. Heavier dose may have worked better. All look good today. Have the stuff here but reluctant to use it again. So I lose some. So be it. Will let it run its course. Right or wrong.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Crunch time here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crunch time here.   Crunch time here. EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 1:58 pm

Hal,
Have you introduced any new pigeons in recently?.

Although one can establish a good immune system over time it may not be relevant to a completely new problem brought in.

There is no doubt problems will continue to arrise due to the system adopted by many fanciers and the fact that illnesses and bugs fight back.

For many years I had no problems at all but would not have been suprized to have encountered some had I continued.

I put great faith in lime to prevent rather than cure and built the immune system by the fittest survive, inicially you will lose some but it is worth it in the long run.

Like you I have been around a bit, and watching Jane Mc Donalds travels last night it brought back all the countries I have been to and in every one seen an abundance of our feathered friends.

In Cambodia there were hundreds of pigeons of all colours and I wonder if they actually race them.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Crunch time here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crunch time here.   Crunch time here. EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 2:31 pm

Misty. No new pigeons brough in. However, have had 6 or 7 strays. 3 from well known fliers. Name on band.  All looking good now and flying well. May race this week end but hurricane is going to hit the US east coast Thursday. So weather may be dicey. Wed. today and having problems with Sattelite for computer and also cell phone. Intermitent signals. If the pigeons use the same or similar waves then hard on most.
https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/atlantic-hurricane-season-florence-isaac-helene-flooding-rain/111663/
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Crunch time here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crunch time here.   Crunch time here. EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 1:49 am

Racing finished this year for me. Culling will not be a problem. Only about 16 to get rid of. Walked outside today and young birds in, older birds out. New loft for most, reluctant to trap. Speed traps. Held out my hand with peanuts and the best yearlings from this year were down to eat. From my hand. Outside. Some food was in the loft. They had left it. So I have to assume the four or five that were so smart to get the food and had raced very well were the superior birds. Smartest. So, keep good performing birds and rid of the rest. No second chances for a lot of them. Have the space but not the inclination to keep them anymore.
12 or so widowhood cocks for next year. YB' maybe 25.
Still sick birds being reported in the Fed by members.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Crunch time here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crunch time here.   Crunch time here. EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 8:19 pm

My resident population. About 24 of them in the barns.
Crunch time here. 000_0531
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Crunch time here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crunch time here.   Crunch time here. EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 3:27 pm

are the pigens yours hal, or ferals.........or birds you lost to the wild as young birds ?
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Crunch time here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crunch time here.   Crunch time here. EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 4:28 pm

They live in the rafters of the sheds. Ferals. Been here since I arrived 15 years or so ago. Occasionally a young one will enter the loft but never had sickness. They look good being out side 12 months of the year.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Crunch time here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crunch time here.   Crunch time here. EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 8:11 pm

Surely it should show us that we are doing things wrong.

Ferals feeding on everything natural, unless of course they do pinch a bit of seed etc from the feeders.

No artificial accommodation, no medication, unless they know something we do not, and seemingly have a decent moult etc; year on year.

I always visited Peasholme Park along with the Town gardens to see the ferals, only ever noticed the odd realy ill pigeon.

THe ones in Peasholme Park must have flown over a hundred miles a day they were airborne more than grounded.

I wrote an article in the BHW regarding this.

Several old dears used to feed them all kinds of scraps but it never appeared to do them any harm as they were always in fine feather etc;

There were racers amongst them and they were always in good nick.

The powrs that be decided that the pigeons had to go because a interfereing woman on holiday said they were making a mess on the band stand, she could not tell a pigeon from a sea gull, the latter the real culprits.

One day they all vanished so the old dears who used to feed them lost their pleasure because of bitch from away who only visited once in a blue moon.

Funny old world.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Crunch time here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crunch time here.   Crunch time here. EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 12:01 am

MISTY wrote:
Surely it should show us that we are doing things wrong.

Ferals feeding on everything natural, unless of course they do pinch a bit of seed etc from the feeders.

No artificial accommodation, no medication, unless they know something we do not, and seemingly have a decent moult etc; year on year.

I always visited Peasholme Park along with the Town gardens to see the ferals, only ever noticed the odd realy ill pigeon.

THe ones in Peasholme Park must have flown over a hundred miles a day they were airborne more than grounded.

I wrote an article in the BHW regarding this.

Several old dears used to feed them all kinds of scraps but it never appeared to do them any harm as they were always in fine feather etc;

There were racers amongst them and they were always in good nick.

The powrs that be decided that the pigeons had to go because a interfereing woman on holiday said they were making a mess on the band stand, she could not tell a pigeon from a sea gull, the latter the real culprits.

One day they all vanished so the old dears who used to feed them lost their pleasure because  of bitch from away who only visited once in a blue moon.

Funny old world.

Regards.

Armageddom  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes was going to happen here Misty Smile Smile so the experts said, when the PMV & Rota virus hit town etc. Strange thing is Wink Wink the place is still being over run with scrubber types as such. Experts bounce bounce  Smile  Smile could just name one lol! lol! lol! that's still looking for over half of his pigeons from our race yesterday as such Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Crunch time here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crunch time here.   Crunch time here. EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 4:50 pm

Those looking for Armageddon are usually looking in the wrong place.

Knackered, Those foreseeing Armageddon are usually looking in the wrong place and them that do are often hypocrits

We have an idiot in charge of the Church of England telling everyone what they should be doing to helo the less fortunate but he is sitting on a vast fortune much of it invested in dubious imvestments.

Not to mention they sanction many things condemed in the church they are supposed to represent.

No wonder it is becomming increasingly easy to radicalise the youth of today.

Back to our sport.

Something has gone sadly wrong this year and may be this will be the future.

Many fanciers play great attention and affection to their pigeons but you can be too kind in a detrimental manner along with the win at any cost brigade, with the selling and exchanging of pigeons that have been subjected to vastly diffferent systems you wiill eventually get all the negative aspects together for it is usually those that survive.

I feel it would take many uears and many losses to get the pigeons back to the health of 70 odd years ago.

The vast majority of losses are because of the poor quality of those bred.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crunch time here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crunch time here.   Crunch time here. Empty

Back to top Go down

Crunch time here.
Page 1 of 1