Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Tough racing or just money? Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:35 am

» Scandalous .......
Tough racing or just money? Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Tough racing or just money? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Tough racing or just money? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Tough racing or just money? Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Tough racing or just money? Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
Tough racing or just money? Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Morgan's new job
Tough racing or just money? Emptyby Knackered Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:43 pm

» Another find
Tough racing or just money? Emptyby David Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Tough racing or just money? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 85 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 85 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Tough racing or just money? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Tough racing or just money? Vote_lcapTough racing or just money? Voting_barTough racing or just money? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Tough racing or just money? Vote_lcapTough racing or just money? Voting_barTough racing or just money? Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222577 messages in 14000 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Tough racing or just money? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Tough racing or just money? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Tough racing or just money?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Tough racing or just money? Empty
PostSubject: Tough racing or just money?   Tough racing or just money? EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 8:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Tough racing or just money?   Tough racing or just money? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 12:03 am

Yes Hal its a hard season for them youngsters

got to be the toughest route /area to fly
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Tough racing or just money?   Tough racing or just money? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 12:40 am

halcanada wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_9jYuAf0Os
Just money Hal Wink Wink etc I would suggest  Smile  Smile. Commentator there  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  sums it up in one sentence type of thing I'm affraid when he informs us all Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad the race must go on as such & just don't worry about all the birds that finish up in the water there as the ship rolls from side to side. Not that I know much Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes But Smile Smile I could say Wink Wink a total disgrace for all those in charge there to allow it all to happen under those type of weather conditions. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Tough racing or just money?   Tough racing or just money? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 8:25 am

I agree oz awful just awful
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Tough racing or just money?   Tough racing or just money? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 7:30 pm

I think mankind often loses the plot with regard to how they treat animals, and we are not innocents either.

The video shows little or no concern for the conditions the pigeons will have to contend with and they were horrendous, but after all the preparations that such an event involves one has to consider the alternatives.

Many pigeons returned, others went the wrong way etc;

Not a lot of difference between that and some of our liberations, taking everything into consideration.

What interested me the most was the back garden lofts, obvious;y made from orange boxes etc;

How is it that the sport appears to be thriving there and going down hill here?.

Not everyone involved can be making money so some must do so for different reasons, maybe the sport over there is run in a better manner than over here.

In our sport thousands of pigeons are lost every year from as little as 60 miles and then the distance fanciers who breed thousands of pigeons and jump up and down when they get one back after a lifetime of trying.

What we should be doing is improving the sport here so that any possible new fancier can feel a true part of the sport.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Tough racing or just money?   Tough racing or just money? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 11:48 pm

MISTY wrote:
I think mankind often loses the plot with regard to how they treat animals, and we are not innocents either.

The video shows little or no concern for the conditions the pigeons will have to contend with and they were horrendous, but after all the preparations that such an event involves one has to consider the alternatives.  

Many pigeons returned, others went the wrong way etc;

Not a lot of difference between that and some of our liberations, taking everything into consideration.

What interested me the most was the back garden lofts, obvious;y made from orange boxes etc;

How is it that the sport appears to be thriving there and going down hill here?.

Not everyone involved can be making money so some must do so for different reasons, maybe the sport over there is run in a better manner than over here.

In our sport thousands of pigeons are lost every year from as little as 60 miles and then the distance fanciers who breed thousands of pigeons and jump up and down when they get one back after a lifetime of trying.

What we should be doing is improving the sport here so that any possible new fancier can feel a true part of the sport.

Regards.

The loses issue Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes gets right up my nose here I'm  affraid Misty Wink Wink when I hear the waffle coming out of the mouths of people that should know better as such here. Last Friday sadly they were at work in all their glory unfortunately, as they sent a text out to all Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Due to severe weather "sunny day, head wind" conditions at the normal race point the following week we have now changed the race point due to the welfare of the pigeons issue etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & the fear of losses above normal. Taking them now 600 miles due west of the line of flight the birds have been on all year here in the hope of finding a tail wind etc. Strange thing is Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad those making the decisions, loose more tossing around home & off the roof on average than what will be lost in the forth coming distance races. Strange  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes the mentality issue/thinking, with certain types of pigeon flyers  Wink  Wink one could maybe suggest.   cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Tough racing or just money?   Tough racing or just money? EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 2:47 am

The video shows to me that the right pigeons can make it regardless of the weather. Breed the ones that come back together those young will have a better chance. End of the video guy was buying from Europe. Why? The birds there do not fly in those conditions. Horses for courses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tough racing or just money?   Tough racing or just money? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tough racing or just money?
Page 1 of 1