Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Disaster turned good Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:35 am

» Scandalous .......
Disaster turned good Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Disaster turned good Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Disaster turned good Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Disaster turned good Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Disaster turned good Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
Disaster turned good Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Morgan's new job
Disaster turned good Emptyby Knackered Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:43 pm

» Another find
Disaster turned good Emptyby David Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Disaster turned good 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 87 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 87 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Disaster turned good Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Disaster turned good Vote_lcapDisaster turned good Voting_barDisaster turned good Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Disaster turned good Vote_lcapDisaster turned good Voting_barDisaster turned good Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222577 messages in 14000 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Disaster turned good Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Disaster turned good Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Disaster turned good

Go down 
+6
Daz
MISTY
oldstrain
halcanada
Knackered
peel bros
10 posters
AuthorMessage
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Disaster turned good Empty
PostSubject: Disaster turned good   Disaster turned good EmptyFri Nov 16, 2018 7:53 pm

What's the worst thing or things you have done to your birds but turned out ok..I will start.. a few years ago we took our birds 20 miles away , ybs that is and all of a sudden the fog came in. Got one hen back after about 45 mins , we thought that's it no more . Got the odd one and 2 back and it was terrible . You couldn't see a thing then eventually after I think it was about 4 hours we got a batch of about 30.that was it no more but these ybs went on to win 7 races the following year, unbelievable.. it happened again not so long ago in a thunder storm and again some good birds came through..normally I am a good weather trainer and won't take any chances as I like you get ybs to first race ..we did lose a few but the best got home .never again though lol..whats your stories ?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Disaster turned good   Disaster turned good EmptyFri Nov 16, 2018 11:06 pm

peel bros wrote:
What's the worst thing or things you have done to your birds but turned out ok..I will start.. a few years ago we took our birds 20 miles away , ybs that is and all of a sudden the fog came in. Got one hen back after about 45 mins , we thought that's it no more . Got the odd one and 2 back and it was terrible . You couldn't see a thing then eventually after I think it was about 4 hours we got a batch of about 30.that was it no more but these ybs went on to win 7 races the following year, unbelievable.. it happened again not so long ago in a thunder storm and again some good birds came through..normally I am a good weather trainer and won't take any chances as I like you get ybs to first race ..we did lose a few but the best got home .never again though lol..whats your stories ?
This ones easy for me Ray Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes it actually Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad nearly brought a break up in my marriage etc with the heart ache it caused on my 3 young kids at the time here along with my wife. Kids, took a Big Big fancy to a baby un-rung race pigeon bred on the floor in the race loft which lost its parents in a race. They decided wisely, to hand raise it in the kitchen & keep it as a pet. Near human it was with what it would allow them to do with it over the years along with the wife etc. Any way Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Some bright spake Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes not having any trapper type birds, decided Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad to use it as a trapper by tapping one of its wings, so it could just fly so he thought Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes at the time. Race bird comes bounce bounce I threw my decore I'm affraid "every ones pet" & up up & away it went down into the valley here Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad in a flash. Night fall comes, nothing to be seen any where, next day I roamed the valley in  the hope of just findind it type of thing so no one other than me would be the wiser Wink Wink. 3rd day comes around Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & it was confession day/time unfortunately for some one who thought he knew every thing type of thing Wink Wink back then & all hell broke loose in the house with verbal abuse & tears Smile Smile from the ******* clan here when I confessed up to my stupidity etc. End of the story Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 4th day comes, wife & kids went roaming the valley bounce bounce looking with our dog Ebony for their pet bird called Piepa. Dog runs off Smile Smile & starts barking, barking Smile Smile & there, sitting on a log beside the stream Smile Smile just waiting  Smile  Smile  was Piepa with a big smile on her face I suspect unable to fly up the valley back home. Tears were flowing big time by every one there at the time lol! lol! lol! & I escaped a divorce type situation, thankfully bounce bounce by the skin of my teeth Smile Smile just. Final note, Piepa lived a most happy life here for the next 16 odd years & now rests under our lemon tree etc where very few birds have finished up so to speak in my time, being such a special type place here Wink Wink for only a chosen few. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Disaster turned good   Disaster turned good EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 1:46 am

Love that one!!!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Disaster turned good   Disaster turned good EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 8:43 am

halcanada wrote:
Love that one!!!
Smile Smile Wouldn't Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes impress the Vanderbeel types I would suggest Hal Wink Wink as she had no value in money terms type of thing etc. But as we both know Smile Smile I suspect, money doesn't govern every thing as such bounce bounce which has a value in pigeon terms, or even maybe life in general Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Disaster turned good   Disaster turned good EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 8:50 am

Excellent knackered. Great story
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Disaster turned good   Disaster turned good EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 9:36 am

great yarn oz ...
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Disaster turned good   Disaster turned good EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 10:06 am

Cannot beat that one Knackered, you must have done a lot of washing up to before you could get a cuddle.

Myself, plenty of disasters that did not turn out for the better.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Disaster turned good   Disaster turned good EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 10:35 am

A lovely post mate. It confirms what I often posted.
I went 60 miles one morning. Was a light mist or fog. I thought it would clear when the sun came out etc. It didn't and it was a thick fog at Oxford.
Any way I was wanting away and had never ever brought birds back regardless of wind / rain come what may. I phoned Barry as I also had his birds with me. I told him the score like. He said 'What you waiting for. Let them up'!
I ask the obvious and he laughed! 'Weer that will be no problem Roly, they will just rise up above it and BEAT you home still'!
How true! Many look sideways at the story, but it is true.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Disaster turned good   Disaster turned good EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 6:40 pm

Been on many a training toss and got 30 Miles away and its been thick of fog just a light mist at home but the birds went up in it made no difference to them 28 minutes all home mind you that was when I was younger not now gone soft on them one mistake I made and never do again was to let the young birds out on a Wednesday evening when the mid week was going over lost half a team one night
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Disaster turned good   Disaster turned good EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 8:18 pm

Workmate non fancier was taking his daughter to Manchester Airport so asked him to take small basket of yearlings and put them up at Wetherby. He lost a bit time in traffic and forgot about the birds until he got lasses suitcase out the back of car at the airport. So he puts the pigeons up (big no no at an airport!) And it's after 5pm on the opposite side of the country. Non back on the night, .4 out of 6 next day, I reported near Leeds a few days later and 1 lost. He's a good pal and I told him the birds had a great chuck and all got home but made sure he understood about liberating near an airport and the prosecution he might have faced Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Disaster turned good   Disaster turned good EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 10:10 pm

markevans wrote:
Been on many a training toss and got 30 Miles away and its been thick of fog just a light mist at home but the birds went up in it made no difference to them 28 minutes all home mind you that was when I was younger not now gone soft on them one mistake I made and never do again was to let the young birds out on a Wednesday evening when the mid week was going over lost half a team one night

Here's one for you 1982 got a team of 30 youngsters Saturday morning dad had not sent got home from work and thought clean the lofts and let the youngsters out

Now this is a team off youngsters that had been trained but not had a race anyway out they went flying round 10 mins and a kit of 2 to 3,000 pigeons come racing over the loft the whole kit was caught up with the birds going north

we only had 2 return Red Cock and a Cheq W/F Cock theses 2 pigeons flew the young bird programme and the icing on the cake was the last race Guernsey finished 3rd Club with Cheq W/F Cock the Red Cock is still coming
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Disaster turned good   Disaster turned good EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 11:48 pm

barnie wrote:
Workmate non fancier was taking his daughter to Manchester Airport so asked him to take small basket of yearlings and put them up at Wetherby. He lost a bit time in traffic and forgot about the birds until he got lasses suitcase out the back of car at the airport. So he puts the pigeons up (big no no at an airport!) And it's after 5pm on the opposite side of the country. Non back on the night, .4 out of 6 next day, I reported near Leeds a few days later and 1 lost. He's a good pal and I told him the birds had a great chuck and all got home but made sure he understood about liberating near an airport and the prosecution he might have faced Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy.
Forgot Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 2 little stories bounce bounce under that scenario, about an old club mate etc here. Known as  Wink  Wink the Beep, Beep man. Rush, rush type of bloke Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad basketed his birds for a toss Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  jumped in his ute type of thing & went tossing lol! lol! lol! to his favourite spot to release them Smile Smile. Unfortunately thou Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad he left all his toss birds in his garage lol! lol! lol!. Same bloke this year, went tossing again Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes hilly type country bounce bounce arrived at the toss point, basket missing Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad slid/lost off the back of his ute etc as he forgot to put the back up when going up a hill type of thing. Old dear nearly run over them but luckily she didn't & she then took them to the local police station, who then reported them to the ring secretary type of thing Wink Wink who then lol! lol! lol! rang the bloke while he was at the toss point Smile Smile & told him bounce bounce where his missing pigeons were Smile Smile so he could just pick them up on his way home as such  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Disaster turned good   Disaster turned good EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 11:57 pm

MISTY wrote:
Cannot beat that one Knackered, you must have done a lot of washing up to before you could get a cuddle.

Myself, plenty of disasters that did not turn out for the better.

Regards.
lol! lol! lol! True Wink Wink Wife here & my kids Misty bounce bounce have memories like an elephant etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes unfortunately & often remind me of the stupid thing I did back then  Wink  Wink & even today, I often get reminded of the heart ache it caused too them all. cheers
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Disaster turned good   Disaster turned good EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 7:13 am

Good one knackeroo Very Happy
I can't think of one that stands out more than the multitude of others... study study study
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Disaster turned good   Disaster turned good EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 9:15 am

fieldwalker wrote:
Good one knackeroo Very Happy
I can't think of one that stands out more than the multitude of others... study study study
lol! lol! lol! & here I was FW Wink Wink thinking I was the only one bounce bounce who had sh**e happening on a regular type basis as such lol! lol! lol! Mentioned this one before here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes because it cost me a small fortune in dollar terms Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad with what my birds did on toss so to speak. The memory bank here Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad named it the Wallan disaster bounce bounce Smile Smile. Let my toss birds go beside a highway up country, birds headed north OK "wrong direction thou" then turned south "right direction" 5 minutes later bounce bounce into a gale of a wind. Unfortunately Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad in their wisdom Smile Smile they chose the middle of the highway at ground level, crashing in front of my own eyes right into the oncoming traffic, sadly. Worst part thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 3 cars behind those that got hit, was a police car Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad who stopped & gave me hell Smile Smile & an education on the finer arts of how to toss pigeons & where Wink Wink. Final note Smile Smile when I arrived home also & confessed up to my other half here & told her what the bill was going to be in dollar terms Wink Wink I got more wisdom thrown my way lol! lol! lol! which was far far worse than I got from the coppers who were on the spot when the disaster actually happened Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Disaster turned good   Disaster turned good EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 1:56 pm

Terry and nephew took their youngster birds 20 miles. Then a rain storm hit them big time.
Terry put his back in the car, Nephew let his up. All home safely.

Next day Terry let his out for a fly, the filled the baths with water for them. preparation for basketing that night for next day race. Needn't have bother, never saw a feather off them. 2 were reported after a week of so.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Disaster turned good   Disaster turned good EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 2:40 am

Daz wrote:
Terry and nephew took their youngster birds 20 miles. Then a rain storm hit them big time.
Terry put his back in the car, Nephew let his up. All home safely.

Next day Terry let his out for a fly, the filled the baths with water for them. preparation for basketing that night for next day race. Needn't have bother, never saw a feather off them. 2 were reported after a week of so.
Reminds me of one of the wizard types here Daz SmileSmile Tossed his birds for the first time from 3 miles Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lost 100 odd Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad suspect maybe  Wink  Wink he wished he had just stopped in bed etc Smile Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disaster turned good   Disaster turned good Empty

Back to top Go down

Disaster turned good
Page 1 of 1