Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Antibiotics Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:04 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Antibiotics Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» Good Morning
Antibiotics Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:34 pm

» good luck weekend
Antibiotics Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Antibiotics Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Antibiotics Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Antibiotics Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Antibiotics Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Antibiotics Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Antibiotics 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 112 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 110 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, Knackered

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Antibiotics Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Antibiotics Vote_lcapAntibiotics Voting_barAntibiotics Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222602 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Antibiotics Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Antibiotics Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Antibiotics

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

Antibiotics Empty
PostSubject: Antibiotics   Antibiotics EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Very Happy Hi lads just thought I would share this with you just for interest. I have always been proud of the fact that I never treat pigeons for anything once they are ill, I treat as usuall for ailments to prevent illness, but once they are sick I kill them all as i bellive they are then useless. However just recently I bird that really took my fancy in my loft and was flying really well and lookin good came in from exercise andlooked dazed. After watching it for a minute or 2 it was loosing balance a little and cearly ill. I reached for the bustbin as usuall but stopped as my mrs was just off to the vet to collect wormers for the dogs, I asked her to get something from the vet for me and try to cure what was a favourite bird. Anyay that was a week ago and this bird by the end of the day looked almost dead, but today it is fully ok and looking 1000% better and is eating and droppings are good, the antibiotic was called baytrill 0.5 ml 2x a day.
So we shall see if it comes on and gets back to ormal as this isnt my usuall actions and I am still a sceptic on cures but this certainly has worked.
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

Antibiotics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antibiotics   Antibiotics EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:10 pm

another name for it is
Enrofloxacin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enrofloxacin
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Antibiotics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antibiotics   Antibiotics EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:35 pm

hi martyn, been told about baytril in the past and heard it cures many illnesses........also been told the use of it is a last resort for some reason, i dont know why but by what ive heard it is very good. a while ago i had a hen with resperatory and was told about this baytryl but couldnt get it from my vets as they knew nothing about pigeons, so i bought something called ornicure powder which cost £16 and within a couple of days the bird was bouncing with health again.......i continued the treatment for the 7 days required and followed with 3 days of vitamins. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

Antibiotics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antibiotics   Antibiotics EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:41 pm

Very Happy Hi david, noy sure if I will make a habit of curing sick birds, but its worked a treat for this one. The vet did say in young birds that havent yet fully grown it can stop or stunt growth , so maybe thats why its a last resort.
Other than that cant see the harm, the bird is still a bit sick looking in the eyes but up and about eating fine and not fluffed up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Antibiotics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antibiotics   Antibiotics EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:46 pm

hi kev, dont know if you read about the yb i had which was ill the other day, it wasnt eating or drinking in the loft but when i basketed it the bird did start to eat but wouldnt drink......i thought it had canker so gave it 2 tkk tablets but it showed no signs of getting better, i was going to give it the third tablet when a pigeon fancier came to see me and i asked his advise about the yb.......i cant kill any pigeon so when he asked if i wanted him to do it i was dithering about saying it might make a recovery, he said to me "has it ever been right since it left the nest", i no sooner got "no" out of my mouth than he killed it and said it will never be any good and to do the best thing and get rid.......i realised afterwards he was right as it effects the rest of the team when sickly birds are kept in with them plus its true they are never right if they have gone so far down and wont ever make a proper recovery...
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

Antibiotics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antibiotics   Antibiotics EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:57 pm

ornicure i beleive is for respitory
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Antibiotics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antibiotics   Antibiotics EmptyMon May 17, 2010 8:47 pm

yes correct, ornicure is for respitory.......i used the powder, and the bird showed signs of recovery after a couple of days but i continued the full course of treatment for the prescribed 7 days, followed by a course of vitamins in the water........ it is also available as an injection so ive been told.
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

Antibiotics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antibiotics   Antibiotics EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:52 pm

baytril is a broad range antibiotic.the only thing is it takes a long time for the bird to recover from this.the bird needs to have a coarse of probiotics.i have used bayril in the past with mixed results.sometimes the bird will be good in a few days other times it has took weeks before its fit and healthy again.all my sick birds get penned individually as all bacterial illnesses will spread to other birds with a weakened immune system especially youngsters.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Antibiotics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antibiotics   Antibiotics EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:59 pm

yes geordiejen, always best to seperate ill birds from your healthy ones........when buying new birds i think its best to quaranteen them for maybe a week before putting them in with your others, saves problems if they do have anything........... santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Antibiotics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antibiotics   Antibiotics Empty

Back to top Go down

Antibiotics
Page 1 of 1