Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Vaccination`s for Pigeons. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:34 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Vaccination`s for Pigeons. Emptyby David Today at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
Vaccination`s for Pigeons. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:19 am

» Scandalous .......
Vaccination`s for Pigeons. Emptyby David Today at 9:41 am

» Weather today
Vaccination`s for Pigeons. Emptyby David Today at 9:30 am

» Morgan's new job
Vaccination`s for Pigeons. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» Another find
Vaccination`s for Pigeons. Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» birds on loan
Vaccination`s for Pigeons. Emptyby oldstrain Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Garlic .......
Vaccination`s for Pigeons. Emptyby Knackered Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:07 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Vaccination`s for Pigeons. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 114 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 113 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Vaccination`s for Pigeons. Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Vaccination`s for Pigeons. Vote_lcapVaccination`s for Pigeons. Voting_barVaccination`s for Pigeons. Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Vaccination`s for Pigeons. Vote_lcapVaccination`s for Pigeons. Voting_barVaccination`s for Pigeons. Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222568 messages in 13998 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Vaccination`s for Pigeons. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Vaccination`s for Pigeons. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Vaccination`s for Pigeons.

Go down 
+2
Daz
David
6 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Vaccination`s for Pigeons. Empty
PostSubject: Vaccination`s for Pigeons.   Vaccination`s for Pigeons. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 1:38 pm

ive been watching a video on human vaccines, and listening to why some parents / people refuse any vaccinations, I compared this information against us vaccinating our pigeons......could this explain heavy losses, or continuous illness in the loft, birds never being quite right ?

could it be that bombarding an immune system with vaccines at a young age is the problem....as we know there are many young human children who have been damaged by being vaccinated, and who have suffered side effects, brain damage etc

the video says that once a young, developing immune system has been undermined by vaccination, it is never going to be as effective as someone who hasn't been vaccinated.

so just thinking about our pigeons, is young bird sickness or high losses got anything to do with side effects of being vaccinated, as we all know any medication we get from our doctor has side effects of some description.....I would find it very hard to believe the vaccinations we give our pigeons had no side effects, maybe poor racing, health issues are part of these side effects ...?

any thoughts anyone ?

Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Vaccination`s for Pigeons.   Vaccination`s for Pigeons. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 3:05 pm

Strange yes. One country says one jab enough. Another feels 3 jabs by the time the leave the nest or third a little later. A famous fancier told me jabbed some youngsters and kept them for stock birds. A few years later he sent a batch of them to Australia. Tested there they were refused entry! Till debating and realised it was the jab that was still strong and prevalent.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Vaccination`s for Pigeons.   Vaccination`s for Pigeons. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 3:51 pm

not had the sickness in the ybs for 5 years now but have stopped giving a lot of pigeon products but do vaccinate for pmv I think giving a lot of products do cause sickness in the ybs like gem the pax not stored properly also oils not stored correctly then given to the pigeons these products could be rancid before they even arrive I have sent vaccine back to the supplier before now because its been in transit too long and always try to get mine in the winter for obvious reasons I also read an article about brewers yeast by Geoff Kirkland who no longer uses it ...thing is its a minefield with all the products out there including vaccinations and of course theirs live and dead vaccines but theirs also the horror stories from guys who have not vaccinated for pmv ,go figure but for me its a definite yes regards pmv with a dead vaccine and very few products used here now...that's my tilt on it anyhow atb
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Vaccination`s for Pigeons.   Vaccination`s for Pigeons. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 4:03 pm

Been telling folks for years, that Brewers yeast is a canker. Like women the pigeons get 'Thrush'! A canker!
That's right, a canker. And we give it to our birds. Yes I know it is a protein that goes qui ker into their system… Might as well use some Whey... careful that even in a little dosage can cause toxins galore.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Vaccination`s for Pigeons.   Vaccination`s for Pigeons. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 4:15 pm

I wonder what the side effects from the vaccination are, there has to be something.....there is in all human medication / vaccines.

is it like the big pharmaceutical companies who bombard us with medicines, most of which are useless, but as long as they make billions of pounds on them they don't care about side effects...?

are pigeon vaccine suppliers the same ...?
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Vaccination`s for Pigeons.   Vaccination`s for Pigeons. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 5:04 pm

There are side effects with all medication, it is the law that these are included when medication of any kind is prescribed, just as before an operation all the possibilities involved must be explained.

One can suffer from none or all it depends on the persons immune system.

The same applies to any animal, the present horse position is a good example.

If left alone many would get the disease and others would not, just as those trying to wipe out the rabbit population have found.

Vaccines have been a blessing in many instances with regard to humans but at what cost no one knows, we are constantly fighting new problems.

I said in the BHW in the 1970s that we should not adopt clinical conditions nor the continental pigeons, which at that time were having to be vaccinated and treated with preventative and curative measures when our own were comparatively healthy other than the basic problems of the day.

A friend who I corresponded with in Belgium was as concerned about their pigeons as I was about ours.

The big boys wrote that I was talking a load of none sense, the same ones who today are doing all the moaning.

They are writing now what I wrote in the 1970s.

I am afraid we have gone too far down the treat for, and treat to try to prevent road that the pigeons constitution has been badly affected which is evident with losses and pigeons needing all the medication being used by fanciers.

If there is a road back I cannot think of one that would not mean the vast majority of todays pigeons would not survive.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Vaccination`s for Pigeons.   Vaccination`s for Pigeons. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 5:33 pm

In Farmontario newspaper today. Viruses coming from China. Affecting hogs but assume others animals birds also. The virus enters the food chain via soymeal. Used in all animal rations. Probably pigeon feed, chicken feed also. Pellets. Also virus come in in Amino acids. Plus the packaging. Some amino acids used in feed formulation only available from China. Also the packaging may contain a few viruses. Heating soymeal/other feed to 100 kills just about all virus.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Vaccination`s for Pigeons.   Vaccination`s for Pigeons. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 7:23 pm

Daz wrote:
Been telling folks for years, that Brewers yeast is a canker. Like women the pigeons get 'Thrush'! A canker!
That's right, a canker. And we give it to our birds. Yes I know it is a protein that goes qui ker into their system… Might as well use some Whey... careful that even in a little dosage can cause toxins galore.

correct daz knocked it on the head years ago (brewers yeast)just give a few peas now on evening after the race ...as with all living things some  react to the vaccine in different ways and these are probably the weaker or ones with not such a good immune system but they don't cull humans but they do shoot horses don't they ,best thing is to breed from healthy stock and limit birds brought in be very selective not only on performance but health to and after a few years you should reap the rewards of at least a healthy team ,too many inbred families when crossing gives vitality
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Vaccination`s for Pigeons.   Vaccination`s for Pigeons. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 8:54 pm

Some Vets, to me, are not too smart. Hogs are a billion dollar business. They are vaccinated for many viruses. Any one entering a hog barn is required to shower in and on leaving. Coveralls left at the place for next visit. Has been that way in breeding herds for years. My son managed a very large herd. Over 1000 sows. Producing breeding stock for numerous companies/farmers. African bloodlines crossed in to others. Larger litter size. Few months ago the Vet visited. Routine visit. Few days later sows start getting sick. Virus diagnosed. PED. All shipments of breeding stock stopped. Young new born pigs killed and fed back for immunity. Did not work very well. All vaccinated again. My son told the owner how to break the cycle. Months ago. He would not listen. Would not change anything. Workers were let go. Breeding folk and farrowing room folk. The owner lost about 4 million dollars. My son quit. Started managing another breeding operation today.
The point is this. When everything was analysed and the vet said the advice on vaccinations and protocol she had insisted on was wrong. She had introduced the virus from the previous farm she had visited. They had come down with it few months previous. Obvious to any one that infected farm should have been the last on the list to visit.
Very easy to pass on a virus. Best to insure against it by not treating birds. Fly or die..
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Vaccination`s for Pigeons.   Vaccination`s for Pigeons. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 10:43 pm

Daz wrote:
Never could quite come to grips here with the brewers yeast scenario etc Daz Smile Smile had me utterly & totally confused I'm Rolling Eyes so I left it well alone as such bounce bounce & just forgot what certain expert types said about it so to speak. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Vaccination`s for Pigeons.   Vaccination`s for Pigeons. EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 7:44 am

Never ever got into any yeast problems always thought it was for baking bread and making it rise, but then if you cannot win by treating pigeons in a manner relative to their natural requirements I suppose you will try anything, then you wonder at all the losses and illnesses and it does not only involve yeast etc;

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Vaccination`s for Pigeons.   Vaccination`s for Pigeons. EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 10:28 am

Remember when it became compulsory to jab. The out cry of the members. Many reasons given regards what the governing bodies could and should do or done. Nothing more than 'Newcastle disease etc. Let nature take / run it's course etc.
Where and then members had to have it signed on paper. Underlined so no numbers could be added. Believed sec was also involved etc. Ok still has to have a list … Know many clubs secs that don't. Bleating and moans regards what other organisations do, and countries.

Some clubs realised it was cheaper by the dozen and on a Sunday morning all had their' birds jabbed,

I know now that many don't vaccinate. They just sign each others' forms etc.
One thing for sure 'never the twain shall meet' eh.

Only ever been one real successful vac and that was small Pox which has - uptil now anyway - been irradiated.
Next is polio 78% success.

Food for thought here too I guess regards vaccinations etc.

An ineffective flu jab caused the deaths of 4,000 people from heart attacks and strokes in England and Wales last winter, analysis shows.
The British Heart Foundation says the vaccination was unable to cope with a particularly devastating strain of flu.
Christopher Allen, the BHF’s senior cardiac nurse, said: “Last winter took a grim toll on people with heart and circulatory diseases.
“It shows just how important high uptake of an effective flu jab is.”
The 2017-18 vaccine was estimated to be just 15% effective, compared with 40% the previous year.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Vaccination`s for Pigeons.   Vaccination`s for Pigeons. EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 3:01 pm

this yearly vaccination, what is it actually for , whats it to prevent ...?

are birds vaccinated actually protected from what its intended to prevent , or do they still get it...?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Vaccination`s for Pigeons.   Vaccination`s for Pigeons. EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 6:53 pm

paramyxo virus david or newcastles disease so blame the geordies lol! its compulsory, as to whether it works well it seems not to be 100% effective but have seen a loft where he got it in his stock birds (not vaccinated )which were paired to racers (these were vaccinated)when racing. whether the racers brought the virus back with them is open to debate as a virus is airborne it could be carried by a wild bird but none of the vaccinated birds got the virus only the un-vaccinated but one thing I do know you don't want the disease in yer loft so for me its a definite to vaccinate but each to his own its their birds I would not tell anyone what to do with their own there call but if it strikes its not a nice sight it affects the brain and has been said that they are useless as racers after wards but ok to still breed from ...well the survivors anyway ,having said all that I would rather get pmv than paratyphoid but hopefully neither come calling ...fingers and toes crossed lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Vaccination`s for Pigeons.   Vaccination`s for Pigeons. EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 11:11 pm

Daz wrote:
Remember when it became compulsory to jab. The out cry of the members. Many reasons given regards what the governing bodies could and should do or done. Nothing more than 'Newcastle disease etc. Let nature take / run it's course etc.
 Where and then members had to have it signed on paper. Underlined so no numbers could be added. Believed sec was also involved etc. Ok still has to have a list … Know many clubs secs that don't. Bleating and moans regards what other organisations do, and countries.

Some clubs realised it was cheaper by the dozen and on a Sunday morning all had their' birds jabbed,

I know now that many don't vaccinate. They just sign each others' forms etc.
One thing for sure 'never the twain shall meet' eh.

Only ever been one real successful vac and that was small Pox which has - uptil now anyway - been irradiated.
Next is polio 78% success.

Food for thought here too I guess regards vaccinations etc.

An ineffective flu jab caused the deaths of 4,000 people from heart attacks and strokes in England and Wales last winter, analysis shows.
The British Heart Foundation says the vaccination was unable to cope with a particularly devastating strain of flu.
Christopher Allen, the BHF’s senior cardiac nurse, said: “Last winter took a grim toll on people with heart and circulatory diseases.
“It shows just how important high uptake of an effective flu jab is.”
The 2017-18 vaccine was estimated to be just 15% effective, compared with 40% the previous year.

Sign a form Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & not vaccinate etc as required Smile Smile No, no not never bounce bounce would pigeon flyers ever contemplate doing such a thing I suggest Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vaccination`s for Pigeons.   Vaccination`s for Pigeons. Empty

Back to top Go down

Vaccination`s for Pigeons.
Page 1 of 1