Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Racing this Weekend  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:25 am

» Weather today
Racing this Weekend  Emptyby David Today at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Racing this Weekend  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Racing this Weekend  Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Racing this Weekend  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Racing this Weekend  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Racing this Weekend  Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Racing this Weekend  Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Racing this Weekend  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Racing this Weekend  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 90 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 89 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Racing this Weekend  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Racing this Weekend  Vote_lcapRacing this Weekend  Voting_barRacing this Weekend  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Racing this Weekend  Vote_lcapRacing this Weekend  Voting_barRacing this Weekend  Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222734 messages in 14002 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Racing this Weekend  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Racing this Weekend  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Racing this Weekend

Go down 
+8
halcanada
markevans
jet2013uk
peel bros
Boosey
oldstrain
redrog
David
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Racing this Weekend  Empty
PostSubject: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptyFri May 17, 2019 10:04 am

good luck to those members racing this weekend,

our club is basketing Saturday due to the weather.
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptyFri May 17, 2019 10:36 am

atb lads, one club going sat. the other going sun, looking like Saturday better day for us, forecast changed Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptyFri May 17, 2019 5:42 pm

we basket tomorrow for a sunday race from Pontefract 165 miles but to me Saturday looks best with oppurtunities to liberate morning and afternoon as sunday from about midday looks wet and overcast Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptyFri May 17, 2019 8:25 pm

Good luck everyone.
We basketed Thursday night, for a Saturday race.
We’re at Whitley Bay with the London Combine.
I have 9 fit and ready but the weather looked dodgy, I thought they maybe held over until Sunday, so I only sent 4.
But the weather forecast is changing all the flipping time.
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptySat May 18, 2019 7:29 am

We are going today for a race from oakham
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptySat May 18, 2019 10:51 am

liberated 10.20 Kingstown, clear there but poor here and down into mid wales Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
jet2013uk
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptySat May 18, 2019 5:07 pm

We are up 2morrow
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptySat May 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Kingsdown again for us up at 10.45 had 25 out of 30 so far MCC held at catentan sent 10 to that
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptySat May 18, 2019 6:11 pm

155 miles. 1st bird 1200 mpm. Older ones. No training. Rain most of the way.
Winds so strong they had a hard time trapping. Sent 14. About half back. Never clock after the first two. Pointless.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptySat May 18, 2019 7:23 pm

Not a bad velocity for the conditions Hal, cannot expect all to contend with adverse conditions, the later ones may shine later, in different conditions.

Just proves that training is not necessary.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptySat May 18, 2019 10:21 pm

All to best to everyone racing this week
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptySat May 18, 2019 10:38 pm

We’ve had a disastrous race in the London Combine from Whitley Bay. I only know of 5 birds home in my area, my club only has 1 bird home.
My club mate had one washed down and reported in Doncaster the man said the bird had pink wattles where it had been punching through the rain.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptySun May 19, 2019 1:53 am

MISTY wrote:
Not a bad velocity for the conditions Hal, cannot expect all to contend with adverse conditions, the later ones may shine later, in different conditions.

Just proves that training is not necessary.

Regards.
Missing 4. The four not here and the ones that came later were slated to be culled last year. The club guys are amazed that they fly so good not training. Not on widowhood. Misty, amazes me also!!
Next week yearlings go. 220 miles or so. Second race for them.
Banded some white yb,s with a members bands today. His grandaughter is keen on them. Free of course.
Now. The Fed stipulated that old birds no limits shipping. they have now imposed a 30 bird limit. Does not bother me but some club fliers even ship 40 plus old birds. Widow cocks and hens. Lots of people ticked off!! Many big fliers may quit. The name of the game keeping the sport alive is numbers shipped and cash generated by shipping. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptySun May 19, 2019 7:56 am

We are at oakham today...sent the lot bar one hen who is knackered now
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptySun May 19, 2019 7:57 am

Cannot see the sense in having limits unless the transporting conditions cannot deal with the numbers.

If advantage is involved just have fanciers nominate the first number of birds on their entries that are allowed to win prizes by the first on the list etc;

The more the merrier.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptySun May 19, 2019 8:26 am

Boosey wrote:
We’ve had a disastrous race in the London Combine from Whitley Bay. I only know of 5 birds home in my area, my club only has 1 bird home.
My club mate had one washed down and reported in Doncaster the man said the bird had pink wattles where it had been punching through the rain.

Sorry to hear this, will ruin many lofts for rest of season. The weather in the north east was lousy all day, around here you wouldn't even put birds out for exercise. Ray Peel will be able to tell you more about the weather on the coast he's not far from lib site. Hope they drift in for lads today because it's a glorious morning, if only they held over....
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptySun May 19, 2019 8:43 am

Boosey wrote:

sorry to hear this steve I hope they work in today for the lads
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptySun May 19, 2019 8:46 am

we liberated from Pontefract at 6.50 its about 163 miles to me and we sent our 8 birds ,rain en route ...hopefully not to much
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptySun May 19, 2019 11:04 am

7/8 for us so far ...first bird was same yearling ck as last week a frans zwol see what happens at clocks ,hope other members fair well who are racing today
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptySun May 19, 2019 3:23 pm

Fake news!! No limit on old bitds. Found out this morning. No wonder rumours get started!
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptyMon May 20, 2019 6:46 am

There was only 72 birds home on the night in the London Combine out of 2,500 entries.
I had the best returns in our marking station 3 out of 4 home.
My ones that got home were next day and they could hardly stand, there’s not an ounce of flesh left on them.
One man had he’s best pigeon that’s flown Thurso twice reported flown out in Whitley Bay only a mile or so from the lib site.
Everyone’s angry
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptyMon May 20, 2019 2:15 pm

Looks like they tried! Good for you!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptyMon May 20, 2019 3:05 pm

Well done boosey, would not be a conveyor for a million pounds.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

The small number of returns indicate something out of the ordinary if pigeons are exhausted after a short distance from liberation, perhaps orientation was affected in some way.

Heart breaking for both pigeon and fancier hope things get considerably better.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptyTue May 21, 2019 1:31 am

Well, change of plan. Fed last race was above 300 other birds but still in the middle. All home again. Cannot lose them apparently. So yearlings, few older ones same loft go this weekend. They have done 115. Was going to go to the shorter one 205 miles. Instead going to 245 miles. Wind has been North East last two races. Partial blow home. We ship from the East. I live South of any one. This coming week weather forecast strong South west wind. Head wind. Seems like a good day for losses here. Will ship whatever I can. Best will come.
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  EmptyTue May 21, 2019 6:40 am

Good luck Hal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racing this Weekend    Racing this Weekend  Empty

Back to top Go down

Racing this Weekend
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next