Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
how to race pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:39 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
how to race pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:37 am

» good luck weekend
how to race pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Good Morning
how to race pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:03 am

» Weather today
how to race pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:00 am

» Scandalous .......
how to race pigeons Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
how to race pigeons Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
how to race pigeons Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
how to race pigeons Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) how to race pigeons 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 90 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 89 Guests :: 3 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.how to race pigeons Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
how to race pigeons Vote_lcaphow to race pigeons Voting_barhow to race pigeons Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
how to race pigeons Vote_lcaphow to race pigeons Voting_barhow to race pigeons Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
how to race pigeons Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
how to race pigeons Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

how to race pigeons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

how to race pigeons Empty
PostSubject: how to race pigeons   how to race pigeons EmptySat May 29, 2010 8:15 am

something i found amuzing back to basics
Homing pigeons are amazing birds whose use by humans has been documented as
far back as ancient Egypt, Carthage and Rome. Caesar used them in his defeat of Gaul. Use of pigeons spread to India, China and Greece. In fact, China had a postal service that relied on homing pigeons to carry the mail. The Reuters News Service was created in the nineteenth century and relied upon the use of homing pigeons. Homing pigeons were used in the twentieth century in war, and are still used today to pass military communications, as well as rescue operations. They are currently raced around the world. Read on to learn how to race homing pigeons.
Difficulty: Challenging
Instructions

Step 1

Train the racing pigeons in groups first. This helps to build their confidence.
Step 2

Take young pigeons some miles away from home and release them. The bird has an inherent ability to return to its home. By starting to release the pigeons a short distance from home, you awaken the ability with which the birds have been born. Enticing them with tasty treats and grains also helps.
Step 3

Increase the pigeons' distance from home before releasing them again, and continue to increase the distance for each flight.
Step 4

Allow a pigeon to fly solo when you feel the pigeon has the confidence to do so.
Step 5

Time the homing pigeon's flight. After a while, the pigeon's flight home will get faster and faster.
Step 6

Enter your homing pigeon in a race when you think your bird is ready. You may find races listed through such sites as The American Racing Pigeon Union, or even around the world at such sites as The Royal Pigeon Racing Association (United Kingdom) and The Dubai Racing Pigeon Club (United Arab Emirates).
Step 7

Try more races as the pigeons' time improves. The first five finishers are considered the winners.
Step 8

Consider marathon racing. Release your homing pigeons in a town the pigeons have never seen before that is hundreds of miles from home. Not only will the pigeons be judged on their speed, but also their ability to find the fastest route home. These events may be found at the sites listed.
Back to top Go down
big pete
Hatchling
Hatchling
big pete

PostSubject: Re: how to race pigeons   how to race pigeons EmptySat May 29, 2010 9:50 am

RENE!!!! RENE!!!! WHERE ARE YOU?? SHOULD BE READING THIS AND LEARN!!!
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: how to race pigeons   how to race pigeons EmptySat May 29, 2010 2:18 pm

good info on this topic althought i dont have the time to train my birds but might take a kit away and try to get them home(horseman pouters) i wonder if that would work.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how to race pigeons   how to race pigeons EmptySat May 29, 2010 2:56 pm

interesting reading ian, very basic but for the none fancier or fancier who is not acquainted with pigeon racing its very informative........... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how to race pigeons   how to race pigeons EmptySat May 29, 2010 2:57 pm

like the new avatar big pete, audi tt...........is it yours or a pic off internet ?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how to race pigeons   how to race pigeons EmptySat May 29, 2010 2:58 pm

geordiejen wrote:
good info on this topic althought i dont have the time to train my birds but might take a kit away and try to get them home(horseman pouters) i wonder if that would work.

hi geordiejen, when you let them out how far will they go away from home ? or do they just fly around the loft.......?
Back to top Go down
big pete
Hatchling
Hatchling
big pete

PostSubject: Re: how to race pigeons   how to race pigeons EmptySat May 29, 2010 3:33 pm

DAVID wrote:
like the new avatar big pete, audi tt...........is it yours or a pic off internet ?

was mine david, got a audi A6 quatrro est 2.5 se all singing and dancing bit more room for birds and dogs, goes like S**T of a shovel.. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how to race pigeons   how to race pigeons EmptySat May 29, 2010 3:44 pm

hi big pete, im in the process of deciding weather to buy an audi A4 convertable.........trying to find out which is the best engine for economy/performance etc, and also what happens with convertables in the winter with the snow etc.....?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: how to race pigeons   how to race pigeons EmptySat May 29, 2010 3:45 pm

must be nice to have money
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how to race pigeons   how to race pigeons EmptySat May 29, 2010 3:51 pm

ian wrote:
must be nice to have money

you can get them pretty cheap now ian, been looking on ebay and seen some local to me advertised but its the usual thing with me, i buy a car then decide i should have bought something else............A4 convrtable wouldbe a bit silly with a roof rack and ladders on the top wouldnt it, or maybe a cement mixer thrown in the back seat.......... lol! lol! lol! wife would kill me affraid
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: how to race pigeons   how to race pigeons EmptySat May 29, 2010 3:54 pm

big pete wrote:
RENE!!!! RENE!!!! WHERE ARE YOU?? SHOULD BE READING THIS AND LEARN!!!
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

thats wot i do mate dont make no differance lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how to race pigeons   how to race pigeons EmptySat May 29, 2010 3:56 pm

have you sent any rene.......?
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: how to race pigeons   how to race pigeons EmptySat May 29, 2010 4:18 pm

no not this week mate but will be next wekk lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how to race pigeons   how to race pigeons EmptySat May 29, 2010 4:36 pm

bad weather here rene, whats it like for you.......?
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: how to race pigeons   how to race pigeons EmptySat May 29, 2010 4:56 pm

very overcast and windy here mate had loads of rain over night glad i didnt send realy not fair on the birds in the weather
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how to race pigeons   how to race pigeons EmptySat May 29, 2010 5:10 pm

yes same here, was up early this morning and thought im glad ive not sent any birds racing in this sort of weather.............hope its finer when the ybs start.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to race pigeons   how to race pigeons Empty

Back to top Go down

how to race pigeons
Page 1 of 1