Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
empty vs full stomach Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:18 pm

» escaped birds return
empty vs full stomach Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» Weather today
empty vs full stomach Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
empty vs full stomach Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:01 pm

» good luck weekend
empty vs full stomach Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 2:24 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
empty vs full stomach Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
empty vs full stomach Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
empty vs full stomach Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
empty vs full stomach Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) empty vs full stomach 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 126 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 126 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.empty vs full stomach Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
empty vs full stomach Vote_lcapempty vs full stomach Voting_barempty vs full stomach Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
empty vs full stomach Vote_lcapempty vs full stomach Voting_barempty vs full stomach Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222655 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
empty vs full stomach Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
empty vs full stomach Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

empty vs full stomach

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

empty vs full stomach Empty
PostSubject: empty vs full stomach   empty vs full stomach EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 3:57 pm

Hi,
I think that before liberation , birds may have water available to drink. But for food, it should serve few hours before liberation time. Because it can put additional load and birds might not feel comfortable while in flight.
But one of my friend said that they should serve food as much as possible and till the time of liberation.it was surprise for me. But he is in australia/brisbine and he said theeir club do so.

What are your thoughts on on birds liberation and food ?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.pakpipa.com
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: empty vs full stomach   empty vs full stomach EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 4:20 pm

Wild birds often have to fly many miles for food and then fly back, (in the winter) ,many more miles than in summer when breeding.

So nature suggests that a belly full may not be detrimental to a birds ability to fly, however, the wild birds are not racing pigeons.

Many fanciers fly to the tin, making food the main incentive to race back ( hate the idea myself, love of home best) so if the birds are fed and not hungry that incentive will be lost.

It is a good subject to consider with all the losses presently encountered.

For myself I always fed well and as usual prior to a race.

May well be helpful to consider what goes off in the transporter.

What matters most is not the condition the pigeon is in when going on transporter but when it leaves it.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: empty vs full stomach   empty vs full stomach EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 4:43 pm

Correct , so the point is, you feed while you leave home and until liberation , they will have empty stomach again. as per understanding I have, pigeon took 10-12 hour to empty crop. So I think wise is to plan as per digestion time or near. so feed before race but prior 8-10 hour of liberation

MISTY wrote:
Wild birds often have to fly many miles for food and then fly back, (in the winter) ,many more miles than in summer when breeding.

So nature suggests that a belly full may not be detrimental to a birds ability to fly, however, the wild birds are not racing pigeons.

Many fanciers fly to the tin, making food the main incentive to race back ( hate the idea myself, love of home best) so if the birds are fed and not hungry that incentive will be lost.

It is a good subject to consider with all the losses presently encountered.

For myself I always fed well and as usual prior to a race.

May well be helpful to consider what goes off in the transporter.

What matters most is not the condition the pigeon is in when going on transporter but when it leaves it.

Regards.    
Back to top Go down
http://www.pakpipa.com
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: empty vs full stomach   empty vs full stomach EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 8:48 pm

I personally would not feed to close to a liberation but would feed well leading up to day of basketing and also feed in the morning day of basketing also a handful of small seed for ybs mid afternoon day of basketing but only a small pinch per bird to get them to drink again before basketing ,the food/energy should be put into the bird in the lead up to the race. basket day should be a light feed but they do get an ounce each if they want it in the morning of a diet mix ...seems to work well here
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: empty vs full stomach   empty vs full stomach EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 11:47 pm

tanveerhbaig wrote:
Hi,
I think that before liberation , birds may have water available to drink. But for food, it should serve few hours before liberation time. Because it can put additional load and birds might not feel comfortable while in flight.
But one of my friend said that they should serve food as much as possible and till the time of liberation.it was surprise for me. But he is in australia/brisbine and he said theeir club do so.

What are your thoughts on on birds liberation and food ?

Thanks
The question, one could ask one self maybe Tanveer Smile Smile in relation to this issue etc bounce bounce is do you wish to be a pigeon racer type or a pigeon lover type with feeding on the day of the liberation as such from my perspective. Can work both ways I suggest, but not for me I'm affraid on average. Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes true story Smile Smile One off the special type races we had this year here from 300 odd miles from a place called Mildura. Birds transported by a pigeon lover type of bloke, who I've known for 30 odd years Smile Smile has trouble thou, getting them home from the local park up his way here Very Happy Very Happy. Took it on himself thou to feed the birds on the morning of liberation which caused an outcry of huge proportions by those in the race when they found out as such Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes but they in the end were the ones with egg on their face, as they all nearly had perfect returns from the race. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: empty vs full stomach   empty vs full stomach EmptyThu Oct 17, 2019 6:41 am

oldstrain wrote:
I personally would not feed to close to a liberation but would feed well leading up to day of basketing and also feed in the morning day of basketing also a handful of small seed for ybs mid afternoon day of basketing but only a small pinch per bird to get them to drink again before basketing ,the food/energy should be put into the bird in the lead up to the race. basket day should be a light feed but they do get an ounce each if they want it in the morning of a diet mix ...seems to work well here  

Totally agree, tried and tested method for one night in the race basket.
Maybe slightly differ for 2 nights, feed slightly more a.m. and something later in the afternoon of basketing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: empty vs full stomach   empty vs full stomach Empty

Back to top Go down

empty vs full stomach
Page 1 of 1