Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
RPRA raceing off Emptyby oldstrain Today at 2:00 pm

» Good Morning
RPRA raceing off Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
RPRA raceing off Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
RPRA raceing off Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
RPRA raceing off Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
RPRA raceing off Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
RPRA raceing off Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
RPRA raceing off Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
RPRA raceing off Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) RPRA raceing off 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 100 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 100 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.RPRA raceing off Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
RPRA raceing off Vote_lcapRPRA raceing off Voting_barRPRA raceing off Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222607 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
RPRA raceing off Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
RPRA raceing off Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

RPRA raceing off

Go down 
+4
MISTY
oldstrain
Knackered
redrog
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:07 pm

all races postponed until april 25th
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 8:27 pm

redrog wrote:
all races postponed until april 25th
Not that I really know how that actually would effect everyone in a racing sense etc Rog Smile Smile but they have at least made a decision with the circumstances we all find our selves in these days bounce bounce so credit due where due from my end & it wouldn't have been an easy type conclusion to come too I suspect Smile Smile. End of the day they made a determination/decision, & decided not to flip flop around like our politician types are doing at the moment Wink Wink with the virus issue. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 8:17 am

cant see racing happening now but peoples health is first and foremost ...wont be breeding anymore ybs ,we have the one loft ybs and another 12 so we will stop at that as it would be no good having a team of ybs un-raced
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 9:15 am

Yes, looks doubtful oldstrain.

Feel sorry for those who have ordered young from the studs and the studs themselves I feel will suffer.

Bad job all round.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 9:54 am

Just wondering what effect it may have on fanciers consideration regards remaining in the sport, taking into consideration the age of the majority.

Maybe someone can come up with ideas to keep fanciers in touch through our lap tops.

There must be things like quizzes etc. that are interesting and tax the brain.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 10:18 am

MISTY wrote:
Just wondering what effect it may have on fanciers consideration regards remaining in the sport, taking into consideration the age of the majority.

Maybe someone can come up with ideas to keep fanciers in touch through our lap tops.

There must be things like quizzes etc. that are interesting and tax the brain.

Regards.

lol! lol! lol! Smile Smile I'm just an old ex pigeon flyer type now Misty Wink Wink & worse Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I was also a plumber to boot type of thing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & so taxing the brain lol! lol! lol! could be a wee bit of a problem for me I'm affraid Very Happy Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 8:00 am

our club meeting for tuesday has been cancelled ...fanciers are phoning me for corn to as they cant get out ,will do a corn run next week all being well
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 8:15 am

Darren you might want to go for corn asap I can see the whole country being locked down at any time soon.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 8:26 am

yeah think yer right barnie...i stocked up earlier this week for my birds and did offer to get clubmates corn but they said whats the hurry at the time Rolling Eyes but i would not like there birds to suffer because of there lack of urgency
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 9:38 am

Think things may be a hard for you guys for a while, however, listening to a scientist this morning things are not as bad as politicians are making out, bit ever how much feed you buy it will always be used sooner or later and one cannot be too careful.

Just hope things turn out better than things appear lads and lasses, although we seem to have lost the latter lately.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 11:28 am

MISTY wrote:
Think things may be a hard for you guys for a while, however, listening to a scientist this morning things are not as bad as politicians are making out, bit ever how much feed you buy it will always be  used sooner or later and one cannot be too careful.

Just hope things turn out better than things appear lads and lasses, although we seem to have lost the latter lately.

Regards.    
Lot of catch up etc I suggest Daz Wink Wink will be required after the virus issue saga moves on, as it will Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as all we hear now on the news 24/7 is virus, virus virus bounce bounce as if nothing else is happening on our planet as such Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 2:32 pm

managed to get 25 bags of corn for me and club members ...nearly sold out at the mill Shocked
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 2:42 pm

oldstrain wrote:
managed to get 25 bags of corn for me and club members ...nearly sold out at the mill Shocked

25 bags would last our raymond a week or two ....... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 3:03 pm

lol! Razz tell ya what i am glad i only have 60 birds and thats with 12 ybs ...wont be breeding anymore ,did have a order for 20ybs but decided not to breed them now ,corn could be an issue so best to not bother
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 3:22 pm

ive a load of eggs in the bowls, some due to hatch in about a weeks time .....as most will know, i dont race i breed to sell .....is it worth rearing them ...?

i hear racing is postponed for a couple of weeks, but will there be yb racing...? thats my concern, do i hatch them or smash them ........ Question Question Suspect Suspect scratch study
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 3:53 pm

Maybe leave a few pairs David, swap eggs with birds laid same time so they single rear, keeps twice as many birds happy for half the babies and half the corn bill . Depending on what that leaves, put them on pot eggs.

If you breed to to sell you got to have customers, be hard to get buyers if there's no racing this year and you'll be left with too many birds.

something to think about pal
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 4:38 pm

thats what we did/do with our widowers we single rear to keep all pairs happy,one loft ybs all sorted and a few specials for a breeding programme next year out of our small stock section ,be careful david dont get lumbered if it was me i would get rid of the eggs as you may end up with a yb team and nowhere for them to go ,shame but you have to think what will happen if theirs no racing this year ....always next year
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 7:58 pm

Problem is David, no one knows what is round the corner, so difficult to make sound decisions .

Would only breed the number you can guarantee to sell.

Pot eggs no problem, even change the good ones in the nest for pot ones.

If you breed and do not sell them you either have to cull or feed.

The future of the sport will be determined by what happens in the next two years.

If the problem persists into next season ?????.

Would just make your situation as easy for yourself as possible taking into consideration the worst scenario.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 9:21 pm

David wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

25 bags would last our raymond a week or two ....... lol! lol! lol!
True lol! lol! lol! even heard that rumour down here etc David Very Happy Very Happy about our beloved Raymond. Now O/S Wink Wink 25 bags/club members/small mill bounce bounce come down here where I shop Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & it's like a supermarket in normal times Smile Smile & if one buys in lots of 10, as I do here you will even get an extra one free Wink Wink. Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes other half here Smile Smile said, seeing as I look like an afro hairy type x 10, it's time I now went & had a hair cut. Reply was, couldn't do that bounce bounce as my hair stylist is Chinese & Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad he doesn't even speak a word of English Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. End of the day Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy he is the cheapest man on the block, which sits well with me under normal type circumstances as such Wink Wink. Then, not to be beating thou  Smile  Smile she suggested I go to my dentist etc instead, my reply was  lol!  lol!  lol! carn't do that, as he is Vietnamese & also doesn't speak a word of English  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad . Now  Smile  Smile why he is my favourite in the teeth department  Wink  Wink well, that's my little secret which I will just keep secret here   Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes Smile  Smile.     cheers flower afro
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 9:16 am

Lucky guy Knackered.

Have only three teeth left, false ones in glass in bathroom, wig in the wardrobe, one pair glasses on, one on the side, hearing aid not working half the time, so the wife thinks when it's washing up time etc;

Always someone worse off than you though.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 9:50 am

i phoned rpra and they are still accepting entries for the one loft,they may race them as yearlings if they cannot race them as ybs or may even auction them ,tbh they never had a clue what the outcome would be if there were to be no racing
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 11:42 am

I don't personally believe every cloud has a silver lining. However, often feel that certain happenings can bring about change—both for the better, or not so good.

Now in the unlikely event, racing will be curtailed to a smaller, or more likely a greater extent, this will - maybe - give sway to new thoughts and happenings.

Now, what could I do differently? Is there reasoning, a blessing that could happen. Maybe one formerly enters the head. Perhaps some adages are no more than 'Old adages'.

Could I - now having time - put reasoning of new thoughts into action?

One thing I found, personally, and very helpful, indeed good was letting the y/b's just be themselves. No training - none needed - left to own devices and contentment. Gaining a natural love of home. Indeed Territory! Happy to enjoy the 'Hotel of Safety' I provided.

Yes, another good thing - first off - there will be losses off the top of those not liking or taking to your system. That's for sure, but then losses will become well less over the next year or two, even none! Yes, you will gain by having birds wanting to be there. Yes, want to be there and having a 'Love of Home'!

The need to let out?! Well, not needed, and can / will mean B.O.P. is going hungry. Now that in its self is a bonus! Agreed the youngsters first off will need letting out. To gain where they are and

Building love and protection is of the most all-important 'Pecking order.

Just for a starter, eh! Off the top of my head granted, but! How much and many other thoughts can be put forward, too in this enforced lay off.

It is an ill wind that blows no good, that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 12:07 pm

oldstrain wrote:
i phoned rpra and they are still accepting entries for the one loft,they may race them as yearlings if they cannot race them as ybs or may even auction them ,tbh they never had a clue what the outcome would be if there were to be no racing

unbelievable ........so we pay £100 + per bird to enter, the rpra dont race them so auction them, we get 50% of what they make..........no chance of prize money etc ??? so we been well and truly shafted .......... scratch scratch scratch

i cant see any reason why the one loft cannot go ahead to be honest, its one man taking his pigeons training more or less ........ scratch scratch study
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 1:13 pm

They simply wish to put money into their' bank. Can't be of a way forward … Unless they will be racing both Yearlings and Y/b's together and in two separate races of course. Have they the Room? The set up?
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 6:45 pm

As things stand choose what happens there is going to be a large number of surplus pigeons.

Fanciers own young, not thinned out by racing, old birds that would have been lost racing, studs young not being bought, even were deposits paid some may decide worth losing it rather than having to feed untried youngsters.

Can see too many possible problems regarding the OLR, not least of which, heaven forbid, the manager and staff take ill and all involved have to isolate.

You have to use common sense in this type of situation and not take decisions that make matters worse.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RPRA raceing off Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA raceing off   RPRA raceing off Empty

Back to top Go down

RPRA raceing off
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next