Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
Latest Loft Pictures Emptyby David Today at 4:18 pm

» Weather today
Latest Loft Pictures Emptyby David Today at 4:16 pm

» Good Morning
Latest Loft Pictures Emptyby David Today at 11:34 am

» escaped birds return
Latest Loft Pictures Emptyby David Today at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Latest Loft Pictures Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Latest Loft Pictures Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Latest Loft Pictures Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Latest Loft Pictures Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Latest Loft Pictures Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Latest Loft Pictures 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 82 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 80 Guests :: 2 Bots

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Latest Loft Pictures Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Latest Loft Pictures Vote_lcapLatest Loft Pictures Voting_barLatest Loft Pictures Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Latest Loft Pictures Vote_lcapLatest Loft Pictures Voting_barLatest Loft Pictures Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222760 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Latest Loft Pictures Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Latest Loft Pictures Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Latest Loft Pictures

Go down 
+5
barnie
Don Webb
Daz
oldstrain
David
9 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Latest Loft Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 9:46 am

heres a few of the latest pictures of the "new" loft ...birds all in now.

Latest Loft Pictures Img_0410

Latest Loft Pictures Img_0411

Latest Loft Pictures Img_0413

Latest Loft Pictures Img_0412

Latest Loft Pictures Img_0414

Latest Loft Pictures Img_0415
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 9:51 am

got my temporary wire windows in, i do cover with poly carbon sheet at night......but just wondering if mice could climb up the side of the loft and in through the 1/2 inch wire, as id prefer to leave the sheets off now for better air flow.

i know mice could easily get through the wire, but could they climb up the side of the loft ...?

any thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 10:07 am

coming on well david ,nice to see the birds in ,l see alfies pigeon has a good spot and has had a good moult lol!
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 10:30 am

Quote '.... I know mice could easily get through the wire, but could they climb up the side of the loft ...?

any thoughts ?

100% CERTAIN! Not a shred of doubt. Even rats1 But they would most likely not be able to get through … unless gnawing, so very doubtful regards Rats! But mice certainly can and may well do. Sorry, from the Soothsayer.
Mice are one of natures best climbers.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 12:19 pm

Looking good David

You have a few nice hens there mate Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 3:41 pm

Yes certainly a fine job David.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 6:00 pm

Hard work paid off David, tidy job, even used a spirit level I see Very Happy

Yes mice would walk up the walls, even up as far as the gap where the roof overhangs for ventilation so need strong fine mesh, remember squirrels and stoats are your enemies too.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 6:58 pm

barnie wrote:

Yes mice would walk up the walls, even up as far as the gap where the roof overhangs for ventilation so need strong fine mesh, remember squirrels and stoats are  your enemies too.
lol! lol! lol! what are you just  implying there etc Barnie Very Happy Very Happy "spirit level" David's not dumb Wink Wink he knows well Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes one must allow fall when building to allow all water to run off when the roof leaks as such Smile Smile. Now Smile Smile bit worried about his dog sniffing at the loft door there, maybe sizing up his next meal with dog food now getting scarce with this virus thing going around Wink Wink maybe. End of the day thou & all things being considered bounce bounce all one can really say is, well done David Smile Smile as all is finally looking good from my end down here  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 7:05 pm

Had mice get through 1/2" square galvanised aviary netting with no trouble, still there after over 50 odd years and not a bit of rust on it, canaries looked on them as friends me thinks.

Both water and feed were 7ft up in the air with no chance of them fouling either.

Lime on the floor dealt with any problems they may have caused, no health problems over40 years.

Bred numerous young with no problem even though the feed and water were high up.

Had a spat with the experts in the Cage and Aviary who were using all the commercial products etc; and losing many of their canaries etc

They said I had just been lucky, not bad at that time 40 years of good luck.

A problem will only be a problem if you let it.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 7:19 pm

MISTY wrote:
Had mice get through 1/2" square galvanised aviary netting with no trouble, still there after over 50 odd years and not a bit of rust on it, canaries looked on them as friends me thinks.

Both water and feed were 7ft up in the air with no chance of them fouling either.

Lime on the floor dealt with any problems they may have caused, no health problems over40 years.

Bred numerous young with no problem even though the feed and water were high up.

Had a spat with the experts in the Cage and Aviary who were using all the  commercial products etc; and losing many of their canaries etc

They said I had just been lucky, not bad at that time 40 years of good luck.

A problem will only be a problem if you let it.

Regards.

True Smile Smile amazing how they can just stretch their body etc Misty Smile Smile to get through the smallest of gaps at times. Easy to keep rats out of ones loft I suggest, mice Smile Smile not so I feel Wink Wink. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
halcanada80
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 11:49 pm

Put rat bait under the loft.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 11:53 pm

halcanada80 wrote:
Put rat bait under the loft.
Very Happy Very Happy No love there it appears Hal Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & here I was lol! lol! lol! thinking you were a great lover of all animals as such Wink Wink. cheers & take care now.
Back to top Go down
halcanada80
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 12:03 am

Rodents. Raptors. Have to control them. Old and young birds out today. Hawk attacks. They escaped.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 3:25 am

Always leave a well concealed sandwich down for the rats, dual purpose antifreeze is the best filler.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 7:29 am

oldstrain wrote:
coming on well david ,nice to see the birds in ,l see alfies pigeon has a good spot and has had a good moult lol!

yes darren, its been on my old loft ever since it arrived , its stayed in good condition hasnt it ...... Very Happy Very Happy flower
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 7:34 am

Knackered wrote:
barnie wrote:

Yes mice would walk up the walls, even up as far as the gap where the roof overhangs for ventilation so need strong fine mesh, remember squirrels and stoats are  your enemies too.
lol! lol! lol! what are you just  implying there etc Barnie Very Happy Very Happy "spirit level" David's not dumb Wink Wink he knows well Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes one must allow fall when building to allow all water to run off when the roof leaks as such Smile Smile. Now Smile Smile bit worried about his dog sniffing at the loft door there, maybe sizing up his next meal with dog food now getting scarce with this virus thing going around Wink Wink maybe. End of the day thou & all things being considered bounce bounce all one can really say is, well done David Smile Smile as all is finally looking good from my end down here  Wink  Wink. cheers

yes she probably is knackered, wouldnt be the first time she has helped her self to a meal ......killed a few and injured a few a couple of times in the past, so always make sure the doors are closed when im not around.

what do you think of my "lock" on the sliding door knackered? ..........a piece of 3 x 2 placed in the bottom of the door runner , stops the door opening lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 9:15 am

David wrote:
Knackered wrote:
barnie wrote:

yes she probably is knackered, wouldnt be the first time she has helped her self to a meal ......killed a few and injured a few a couple of times in the past, so always make sure the doors are closed when im not around.

what do you think of my "lock" on the sliding door knackered? ..........a piece of 3 x 2 placed in the bottom of the door runner , stops the door opening  lol! lol! lol!
I like it etc David Very Happy Very Happy not very scientific as such thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm  affraid but cheap & renewable maybe Wink Wink I suggest bounce bounce so surpasses my high standards down here I have in my loft Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 7:50 pm

Looking good
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 9:55 am

Yes mice would walk up the walls, even up as far as the gap where the roof overhangs for ventilation so need strong fine mesh, remember squirrels and stoats are  your enemies too.[/quote]
lol! lol! lol! what are you just  implying there etc Barnie Very Happy Very Happy "spirit level" David's not dumb Wink Wink he knows well Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes one must allow fall when building to allow all water to run off when the roof leaks as such Smile Smile. Now Smile Smile bit worried about his dog sniffing at the loft door there, maybe sizing up his next meal with dog food now getting scarce with this virus thing going around Wink Wink maybe. End of the day thou & all things being considered bounce bounce all one can really say is, well done David Smile Smile as all is finally looking good from my end down here  Wink  Wink. cheers[/quote]

Weasels too. A real pain. Fearless little blighter lol. Mind I love the weasel in the main. Seen a few times now how they elongate the body and head to get through the smallest of gaps.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 11:03 am

Daz wrote:
lol! lol! lol! what are you just  implying there etc Barnie Very Happy Very Happy "spirit level" David's not dumb Wink Wink he knows well Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes one must allow fall when building to allow all water to run off when the roof leaks as such Smile Smile. Now Smile Smile bit worried about his dog sniffing at the loft door there, maybe sizing up his next meal with dog food now getting scarce with this virus thing going around Wink Wink maybe. End of the day thou & all things being considered bounce bounce all one can really say is, well done David Smile Smile as all is finally looking good from my end down here  Wink  Wink. cheers[/quote]

Weasels too. A real pain. Fearless little blighter lol. Mind I love the weasel in the main. Seen a few times now how they elongate the body and head to get through the smallest of gaps.
[/quote]  Walk up walls Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes when we have a mice plague down here etc Daz Smile Smile they eat the walls as such bounce bounce they are that hungry for a feed Wink Wink. Now  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad weird type things are happening here as I post  Smile  Smile all over the place with what I'm posting I'm  affraid  bit like a headless chook  lol!  lol!  lol! running all over the place & doesn't quite know where to settle in a comfortable spot  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 3:51 pm

Seen a couple of time Knackered on tele when the Aussies have dug massive hole / trenches. Really deep and wide.
Then they simply bulldoze the mice in massive herds into the trenches and holes dug, and cover them over.
Yes seen the ground moving with millions of them.

Reminds me once when talking to farmer. Often chatted with him when ferreting. We tucked the trouser legs into our socks. the field opposite was moving. Thousands upon thousand of rats were heading for the barn we were outside of. They took no notice of us and just walked over our feet into the barn.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 7:12 pm

Daz wrote:
Seen a couple of time Knackered on tele when the Aussies have dug massive hole / trenches. Really deep and wide.
Then they simply bulldoze the mice in massive herds into the trenches and holes dug, and cover them over.
Yes seen the ground moving with millions of them.

Reminds me once when talking to farmer. Often chatted with him when ferreting. We tucked the trouser legs into our socks. the field opposite was moving. Thousands upon thousand of rats were heading for the barn we were outside of. They took no notice of us and just walked over our feet into the barn.
When there bad Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes they really are bad when they decide to come out in big numbers down here etc Daz Wink Wink. Rats/mice Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad a lot of little tunnel type scenarios crisscrossing under nearth us under the ground I suggest Wink Wink. Now  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes epie centre in Yanky land "New York" for the virus, 5 million odd people  Smile  Smile best estimate by the expert types  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad 20 million odd rats   Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes & the biggest one  lol!  lol!  lol! used to at one time, live in Trump tower I believe  Wink  Wink  Smile  Smile.   cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Loft Pictures   Latest Loft Pictures Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest Loft Pictures
Page 1 of 1