Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» York Road & District Results 2024
Bath time earlier Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» Good Morning
Bath time earlier Emptyby David Today at 1:33 pm

» Weather today
Bath time earlier Emptyby David Today at 1:32 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Bath time earlier Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Bath time earlier Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Bath time earlier Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Bath time earlier Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Bath time earlier Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Bath time earlier Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Bath time earlier 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests :: 1 Bot

David

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Bath time earlier Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Bath time earlier Vote_lcapBath time earlier Voting_barBath time earlier Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Bath time earlier Vote_lcapBath time earlier Voting_barBath time earlier Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222878 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Bath time earlier Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Bath time earlier Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Bath time earlier

Go down 
+4
oldstrain
MISTY
David
barnie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

Bath time earlier Empty
PostSubject: Bath time earlier   Bath time earlier EmptyMon May 25, 2020 6:53 am

Going to need a bigger bath I think Smile

Bath time earlier Img_2062
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Bath time earlier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bath time earlier   Bath time earlier EmptyMon May 25, 2020 8:37 am

yes colin ........ lol!

they look to be coming on now, how are they flying ...?
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Bath time earlier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bath time earlier   Bath time earlier EmptyMon May 25, 2020 9:39 am

You cannot beat a close knit family barnie, and you cannot get closer than that.

Hope things are going well otherwise.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Bath time earlier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bath time earlier   Bath time earlier EmptyMon May 25, 2020 10:40 am

lovely to see birds bonding to home ...we use them under the bed storage containers you can get them up to 1 metre by 1/2 metre size and they are just the job ...get anything with a pigeon on it and pay thrice lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Bath time earlier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bath time earlier   Bath time earlier EmptyMon May 25, 2020 10:56 am

yes darren thats exactly what i use as my pigeon bath, used them for years and are just the right size . did se a good idea a few years ago for indoor use..........they got one of the large storage containers with the lid on, and cut a hole out of each end approx 6 inch up from the bottom, then filled up with water.

the birds could get in and out through the holes but yet the water didnt go all over the loft floor.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Bath time earlier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bath time earlier   Bath time earlier EmptyMon May 25, 2020 11:03 am

yeah i remember seeing that indoor one ...quite good for prisoner stock if you dont have a flight
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

Bath time earlier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bath time earlier   Bath time earlier EmptyMon May 25, 2020 12:13 pm

David wrote:
yes colin ........ lol!

they look to be coming on now, how are they flying ...?

They're flying about half hour twice a day David, mornings they get up and go by the time I'm out the shed they've gone out of sight and never see them for 20 minutes or more, evenings they don't go so far but still do a half hour. I won't put them out in hot weather though, I think it can bring on YB sickness. Like this afternoon, right now it's so hot there's no wild birds up in the sky, just birds shying away in the hedges. I tend to use that as an indicator.
There will still be plenty fanciers training in it though, but just my way at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Bath time earlier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bath time earlier   Bath time earlier EmptyMon May 25, 2020 1:18 pm

spot on colin we dont turn ybs out when its really hot they either do 10 mins then hang about roofs for an hour or fly themselves out and can get into a bit of a state and neither is any good early mornings is best ,when having natural ybs you can do as you please
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

Bath time earlier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bath time earlier   Bath time earlier EmptyMon May 25, 2020 3:30 pm

Different locations different methods. Mine open loft as many are aware. They exercise as needed. Raptors help occasionally but so far so good.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Bath time earlier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bath time earlier   Bath time earlier EmptyMon May 25, 2020 6:07 pm

Cant beat watching the pigeons bath and then lying on the grass to dry off
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Bath time earlier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bath time earlier   Bath time earlier EmptyMon May 25, 2020 6:17 pm

Many miners used the shallow kitchen sinks as baths and I know some fanciers who use them today.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Bath time earlier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bath time earlier   Bath time earlier EmptyMon May 25, 2020 9:18 pm

All my birds had a bath today stock birds really loved them selves young birds in this afternoon
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Bath time earlier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bath time earlier   Bath time earlier EmptyMon May 25, 2020 9:51 pm

bath we had in the 1980`s was one of the old pot sinks, a bit deep but served its purpose until we got an old shower base which was bigger / square, and shallower . clown
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Bath time earlier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bath time earlier   Bath time earlier EmptyTue May 26, 2020 1:28 am

Don Webb wrote:
Cant beat watching the pigeons bath and then lying on the grass to dry off
Agree on that one etc Don Smile Smile Takes the  stress factor out of our pigeons & the same for the owners also I suggest Wink Wink watching. Never liked small baths here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm  affraid the bigger the better I say Very Happy Very Happy. Have a full size human bath for mine as such, picked up off a nature strip bounce bounce one dark night lol! lol! lol! & it sits outside my loft here now Very Happy Very Happy on top of a wheel barrow, which also was picked up on another dark night, while out on the prowl Wink Wink. Always fill it to the bream as normal people do & the birds just love jumping in for a wee splash & a good soak Very Happy Very Happy. cheers alien
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bath time earlier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bath time earlier   Bath time earlier Empty

Back to top Go down

Bath time earlier
Page 1 of 1