Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Water pH content Emptyby David Today at 2:49 pm

» Good Morning
Water pH content Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Water pH content Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Water pH content Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Water pH content Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Water pH content Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Water pH content Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Water pH content Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Water pH content Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Water pH content 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Water pH content Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Water pH content Vote_lcapWater pH content Voting_barWater pH content Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222882 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Water pH content Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Water pH content Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Water pH content

Go down 
+3
MISTY
oldstrain
barnie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

Water pH content Empty
PostSubject: Water pH content   Water pH content EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 5:59 am

I know this differs depending on where you live and the water supply your contracted to. But is this relevant when it comes to pigeons, is tap water really ideal for our birds. Do you know the pH level you have at your taps and is it really so good for humans too?
I just read some interesting stuff, seems bacteria in pigeons can thrive in high pH content!
Rubbish or element of truth??
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Water pH content Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water pH content   Water pH content EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 7:35 am

have always used avidress or ropa avidress ybs ropa obs and have to say they have served me well i did the merry go round of products but these 2 have stayed i really do think they help lessen the use of meds considerably ...but i would like to read the subject matter do you have a link colin please
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Water pH content Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water pH content   Water pH content EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 7:42 am

Put it this way barnie.

It water was not treated and reused we would all probably die of thirst.

Many let tap water stand over night to reduce artificial means of purification.

If you start to attempt to analyse everything it tends to detract from the enjoyment.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

Water pH content Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water pH content   Water pH content EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 1:21 pm

https://pigeonvitality.com/product-information/frequently-asked-questions/

I think it was in here somewhere Darren if you trawl through, apologies if not as I jump from page to page on the tablet and forget where i started Laughing

Misty your right I havent the time to delve into this but just enjoy reading pigeon stuff now and then, see if anything new can be found.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Water pH content Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water pH content   Water pH content EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 1:42 pm

tanks very much colin will have a read Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Water pH content Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water pH content   Water pH content EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 4:24 pm

The problem is barnie once the commercial boys see an opportunity that arises from the fears of fanciers they jump on the band waggon with a solution.

Presently you can find companies supplying products to improve water quality.

Have not heard of any problems of a serious nature that affects people using tap water, however I drink punts and pints, OOH some people do think I am tapped.

The ignorant ones of course.

If you get pleasure from anything {lawful) barnie enjoy it.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Water pH content Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water pH content   Water pH content EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 11:30 am

barnie wrote:
I know this differs depending on where you live and the water supply your contracted to. But is this relevant when it comes to pigeons, is tap water really ideal for our birds. Do you know the pH level you have at your taps and is it really so good for humans too?
I just read some interesting stuff, seems bacteria in pigeons can thrive in high pH content!
Rubbish or element of truth??
Part of both I suggest etc Barnie Smile Smile. Huge difference thou at times between different water bodies I've found with common drinking water, depending on where & how it is stored & treated as such. All that being said thou, if its of a drinkable standard for humans, it should be Ok for pigeons on the whole I suspect & many of those that just let their water sit for 24 hrs for there own birds are having a feel good type moment, maybe bounce bounce but makes little difference to the pigeons on average, when one considers where many of them prefer to drink from at times, but then still race well Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Water pH content Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water pH content   Water pH content EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 1:12 pm

tried that 24 hr lark and made no difference whatsoever lol! did it for about 6 months or so
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

Water pH content Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water pH content   Water pH content EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 1:36 pm

Well water here. PH of 8. Neutral is 7.2. Spawn Bettas here. Softer more acidic the water the better. So add peat moss to lower the PH to 7. Birds drink the well water, rain water and from puddles in the fields. Non-issue regarding health.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Water pH content Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water pH content   Water pH content EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 1:52 pm

Well water or better still from a spring, if able.
I feel I did the best one could when filling drinkers the night before. Leaving till next day to put before the birds.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Water pH content Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water pH content   Water pH content EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 12:58 am

oldstrain wrote:
tried that 24 hr lark and made no difference whatsoever lol!  did it for about 6 months or so
Best way to learn etc O/S Smile Smile Just another theory I suspect, maybe Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes that has about the same value I'm  affraid as toilet paper on average, for most flyers come race day Very Happy Very Happy. cheers alien
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Water pH content Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water pH content   Water pH content EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 1:11 pm

Always use avidress in the water very pleased with it
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Water pH content Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water pH content   Water pH content EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 8:29 pm

yes its good stuff mark eh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Water pH content Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water pH content   Water pH content Empty

Back to top Go down

Water pH content
Page 1 of 1