Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
early liberation Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:18 pm

» escaped birds return
early liberation Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» Weather today
early liberation Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
early liberation Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:01 pm

» good luck weekend
early liberation Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 2:24 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
early liberation Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
early liberation Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
early liberation Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
early liberation Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) early liberation 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 88 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 88 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.early liberation Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
early liberation Vote_lcapearly liberation Voting_barearly liberation Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222655 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
early liberation Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
early liberation Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

early liberation

Go down 
+6
halcanada81
Knackered
David
Daz
MISTY
oldstrain
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: early liberation   early liberation EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 6:55 am

we liberated at coventry 6.05  ....84 miles to me should be another fast race in the 1700 i would think certainly high 1600 ...all the best to those racing today bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 8:22 am

Hope no one is caught out having a Sunday sleep in oldstrain.

Best of luck.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 9:10 am

all home 11/11 but much later than expected ...had 3 drop together but not really racing ,gliding doing a few laps before trapping so dont fancy my chances ...work to do
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 11:07 am

All back oldstrain, cannot grumble at this time of year.

You never know how the others have done till the bell tolls.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 6:34 pm

'we go at Dawn' was a good adages once for a National Liberator. None of the crap and fiddle of 'Holding them up at Coasts' fiddles.

I believe, and always have that we should have birds back in their home and loft come evenings - Where possible.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 9:02 pm

our club was held over today ....... What a Face I love you
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 12:50 am

Daz wrote:
'we go at Dawn' was a good adages once for a National Liberator. None of the crap and fiddle of 'Holding them up at Coasts' fiddles.

I believe, and always have that we should have birds back in their home and loft come evenings - Where possible.  
We always go at dawn down here etc Daz Smile Smile when we get into the long ones as such. Often thought Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes it was one of the reasons that the Jan Arden types were a bit of a flop here when first bought in to race & later. Just couldn't handle our style of racing on average & being manly young birds for our distance type races. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 11:02 am

Yes Knackered. Always taught by the #Good fanciers' here that the birds have to suit your System. Those that don't like it won't stay. Found that to be 100% True.
Andy - a very good local flyer in the Nationals bred me a round of youngster. Like his my had a open loft, Deep litter and much the same. His also trained pretty often / heavy.
None were here for their 3rd year... yet excelled for Andy.
A very good friend of mine, and a exceptional fancier, winning Nationals both North and South, bought in from Belgium direct from a very good flyer. Didn't achieve piddle pip. Was talking to another of same ilk on a visit to his home. Said he was getting shot of them!
His mate asked if he could try them. - like most good birds are got by good fanciers swapped etc. etc. while sell the culls to make up the money -( So one has to have a good repour and friendship with a fancier you can trust I believe)
Any way they excelled for his mate.
I acquired birds from friends. Had 5 or so from different lofts. So I never had close related birds. I didn't train them at all in later years. They went straight into a race - 150 - n200 mile even.
After a short while only birds capable that could do that, were breeding in the loft!
Just like back in the earlier years up to the 70's etc.
Andy said I asked too much of his pigeons! Maybe so, maybe not. But then I wasn't able to do as he did, and besides I wanted birds that could and did.

Last edited by Daz on Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 11:03 am

agree daz get um up eh ...if it fair let um up ,i said it would be a very early lib and one of our members said no it will be to cold ...ffs lol! lol! lol! near mid june and its too cold fer birds What a Face some want perfection from a liberation eh Rolling Eyes anyway it seems all members had a few birds away and some more than others so it seems getting a full return was a good thing as all were in the loft first to last in 30 mins not quite 5 mins like week before but hey its still early and target races start in 3 weeks time so well happy with the team at present we were 8th 9th 10th club this week ...116 miles next week and 165 week after so things will get interesting soon enough and have much more time on my hands over the next few weeks also the hens are coming out this week as they were in egg last week ,we have 6 hens primarily for the scottish races ...hope other members faired well this weekend and enjoyed their racing atb pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 1:30 pm

Fed here had the first race point up at 6.30. 2nd point, shorter hour later. So far two clubs have reported. London club. About 12 lofts, many birds. Winner doing over 1400 mpm. All close. Was in that club years ago. Cleaned up on a 800 mile race. Tough one. They did not tell me I had won a trophy till a year later. Sore losers some of them.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 2:37 am

halcanada81 wrote:
Fed here had  the first race point up at 6.30. 2nd point, shorter hour later. So far two clubs have reported. London club. About 12 lofts, many birds. Winner doing over 1400 mpm. All close. Was in that club years ago. Cleaned up on a 800 mile race.  Tough one. They did not tell me I had won a trophy till a year later. Sore losers some of them.
Smile Smile Just had the little fat bloke on the phone here Hal Very Happy Very Happy & he was seeing red I'm affraid as the local Vet is up to his old tricks down here  Wink Wink again & the season hasn't even started as such. 2 teams wasn't enough for the poor bloke in his pursuit of a result, come race day Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as now has a new boy on the bloke Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad calls himself bounce bounce Walker Grizzles etc. Be interesting to see Smile Smile how many grizzles he actually races come up with on race day type of thing. End of the story bounce bounce average man would put 30/40 birds in a race on average here & he requires now 3 teams of 50 in the hope of just dropping one out of the sky Wink Wink apparently. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 1:15 pm

Two things here Oldstrain. A. the flak that they got in past... scared to release unless perfect. but then the reality still hasn't come home to them - no pun intended, that it will never be perfect! Good to great some times.

Also the very fact they don't give our feathered any merit of their substance and abilities.

Yes there are, have been poor race day, obviously. And will be disasters and bad days in future no doubt. But this molly coddle shambles ism and always will be to the detriment of our birds... and sadly to the fancier!

Now, that Barnsley lib for example.
Was twice, in about 10 years past when One side of the MI in Sheffield returns were great. Across the road, Rochdale they were very poor!
However the simple reason was thought to be that Rochdale side had heavy down pours, where as Sheffield etc. was dead opposite. Now it is very hard to control that once the birds are up. Or even before liberation.

I also do take on board the thankless task and abuse the 'Race Controllers have often had. Yes many time deplorable.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 10:07 pm

Daz wrote:
Two things here Oldstrain. A. the flak that they got in past... scared to release unless perfect. but then the reality still hasn't come home to them - no pun intended, that it will never be perfect! Good to great some times.

Also the very fact they don't give our feathered any merit of their substance and abilities.

Yes there are, have been poor race day, obviously. And will be disasters and bad days in future no doubt. But this molly coddle shambles ism and always will be to the detriment of our birds... and sadly to the fancier!

Now, that Barnsley lib for example.
Was twice, in about 10 years past when One side of the MI in Sheffield returns were great. Across the road, Rochdale they were very poor!
However the simple reason was thought to be that Rochdale side had heavy down pours, where as Sheffield etc. was dead opposite. Now it is very hard to control that once the birds are up. Or even before liberation.

I also do take on board the thankless task and abuse the 'Race Controllers have often had. Yes many time deplorable.
Go back in time etc Daz Smile Smile & many of those that had to make the hard decisions of when to liberate, flew by their seat of there pants & instint type of thing to a degree I would suggest bounce bounce as they didn't have all the modern day information that is available now for those saying when to go on race day as such. Now, being one of those here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes with my head on the chopping bloke in the past lol! lol! lol! you just knew you were never going to please everyone bounce bounce & especially those that had bad returns on race days, even thou many may have had good returns on the day at the time on average. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 1:22 pm

Was a time, when the Oil Riggs being built in Scotland etc. that they paid the R.A.F. for a update and constant weather forecast. Simply because they were working with very expensive objects. Any bad weather spate could cost 000's and endanger life eve,
The would simple say what time would be doing what. Within a few minutes!

Now a fed- and others I believe - took up the same options.

Now long story short, club members said it was only right that the Oil companies paid for such! After all the R.A.F. Took Tax payers money! O.k. etc.

It was pretty good too as I recall.

But the problem arose when a small charge was to be paid by the pigeon clubs! I think, as I recall of hand, per member was be tween 25p - 50p. definitely never above 50p!

'What! What blooming cheek, we are being Charge twice! Once as r tax payers, and then this extra'!

I think about £20 per club.
Why, other tax payers throughout the country could say 'We also pay taxes. We don't fly pigeons! Why should we subsidise them'!
Both had a point I guess.
After much aggie bargee, the R.A.F sticking to their point - which was right as far as I was concerned. Indeed why should none members of a pigeon club be sponsored for free etc.

So it came to pass that it was no longer done!
Then 'Private concerns' did do a 'Forecast etc. Cost more lol.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 4:11 pm

The fact is that our feathered friends have the ability to return in ANY weather conditions if allowed to do so from birth.

Had them return in fog and snow storm in different situations at times.

It is a fact that fanciers have molly coddled them over the years that they have lost the will to fly in other than good conditions.

Only train in GOOD weather etc;

Just come and hear the ones living on the cliffs leaving on a foggy morning to go several miles for food and then returning in the evening etc;

Afraid our feathered friends have been progressively ruined both in ability and health.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 5:29 pm

we have changed race day so we basket sat for a sunday race ,should be a headwind Smile 116 miles from ilkeston
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 5:40 pm

Well oldstrain, that will do them good - if need be - for the next week … after a decent rest.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 7:21 pm

yes its the first real race after 2 tail enders from 60 and 85 miles next week we start to get interesting though 165 miles we are hoping to get them up to thornton in scotland later in the programme so dont want to burn them out early season as we only have 11 cocks to race ,we have 4 on natural all yearlings aimed for this race and the yearling classic a few weeks before that ,we also 7 widowers 2,3,4 year olds aimed at hexham and aycliffe amalgamation races with the derby fed and the welsh north rd these are new races as birdage is getting less and less ,last week saw 700 birds liberated but in the amalgamation its about 2000 thornton is a amalgamation race to and a lerwick club classic race
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 10:39 pm

Our first one was a head wind and probably the same this week if they go
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 11:42 pm

peel bros wrote:
Our first one was a head wind and probably the same this week if they go
Just curious here etc Ray Wink Wink Smile Smile Being a head wind on the day bounce bounce what actual velocity were the best birds doing etc Very Happy Very Happy. cheers alien
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 11:46 pm

oldstrain wrote:
yes its the first real race after 2 tail enders from 60 and 85 miles next week we start to get interesting though 165 miles we are hoping to get them up to thornton in scotland later in the programme so dont want to burn them out early season as we only have 11 cocks to race ,we have 4 on natural all yearlings aimed for this race and the yearling classic a few weeks before that ,we also 7 widowers 2,3,4 year olds aimed at hexham and aycliffe amalgamation races with the derby fed and the welsh north rd these are new races as birdage is getting less and less ,last week saw 700 birds liberated but in the amalgamation its about 2000 thornton is a amalgamation race to and a lerwick club classic race
Very Happy Very Happy Hard to burn good young birds out etc I suggest O/S Wink Wink tough as nails I've found bounce bounce if allowed to be that way as such. cheers alien
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 1:11 pm

I get the impression, oldstrain, you fly from a 'Mixed Bag' regards systems.

Good to see plans for the birds in place. Mind, a quiver of arrows is one thing. But often a alternative has to come about from happenings unforeseen.
plan 2 - 3 even Wink  for seldom, if ever in our sport goes to plan eh!

Last edited by Daz on Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 1:46 pm

Last weeks Fed winner. 1430 mpm. 4 clubs About 35 members flew. Birdage about 800.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 9:01 am

well for me today looks the better day to race but we changed to sunday ah well cant always get it perfect eh ,should be an early lib tomorrow with rain moving in mid morning se wind
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 10:50 am

we go tomorrow, 20hens to hereford, 20 cocks to bath
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

early liberation Empty
PostSubject: Re: early liberation   early liberation Empty

Back to top Go down

early liberation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next