Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» York Road & District Results 2024
no yb racing this yr Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:10 am

» good luck weekend
no yb racing this yr Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:07 am

» Good Morning
no yb racing this yr Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:15 am

» Weather today
no yb racing this yr Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:11 am

» escaped birds return
no yb racing this yr Emptyby barnie Today at 7:45 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
no yb racing this yr Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
no yb racing this yr Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
no yb racing this yr Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
no yb racing this yr Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) no yb racing this yr 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 110 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 108 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan, Knackered

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.no yb racing this yr Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
no yb racing this yr Vote_lcapno yb racing this yr Voting_barno yb racing this yr Vote_rcap 
David
no yb racing this yr Vote_lcapno yb racing this yr Voting_barno yb racing this yr Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222661 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
no yb racing this yr Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
no yb racing this yr Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

no yb racing this yr

Go down 
+5
Knackered
MISTY
barnie
David
oldstrain
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

no yb racing this yr Empty
PostSubject: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 1:16 pm

i wish members all the very best with yb racing this coming season ...we are done this year as ybs got the illness that was brought back to the lofts from a race and alot had to go ,fuming tbh but what can ya do we only had 11 ybs but now down to 4 ...nevermind i can now give alfie my full attention this summer ,good luck lads and be vigilant with ybs it can change overnight literally atb pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 1:21 pm

sorry to hear this darren, its not good when they bring something home with them from the race ........i had plans on yb racing next season, but its hearing things like this remind me of part of the reason i stopped racing,

probably the one who infected your birds and possibly others birds is still going to be racing the yb season ....... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 7:18 pm

That's awful news Darren, thought you'd caught whatever it was in time, was it circovirus? is the whole club affected?
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 10:47 pm

Diabolical oldstrain.

A years work ruined by selfish fanciers.

With animals one never knows what is round the corner, and with our pigeons no one knows what others are putting down their throats. doubt if many fanciers now have naturally healthy pigeons and by medication problems can be covered up, but still pass on the problems.

Goes without saying oldstrain feel for you and Alfie.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:42 am

barnie wrote:
That's awful news Darren, thought you'd caught whatever it was in time, was it circovirus? is the whole club affected?
What ever it was etc Barnie Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes every ones worst nightmare scenario I suspect. One of those crap type moments unfortunately for the pirat pair  bounce  bounce but I'm sure they will bounce back given time. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 9:18 am

adeno/coli ....had to make drastic decisions but sorted now atb lads
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 1:41 pm

my ybs Thursday where in brilliant condition,  Friday 15 not right at all . On medication now . Unbelievable a week before racing
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 2:09 pm

I used Tetracycline in the water for 2 days. Had to pull the head off a young bird. Feral pigeons had got in to the loft. All birds are in 2 lofts, old and young mixed.
As many are aware I am not one for medicating but thought it wise this one time.
Trying to set up a partnership or similar with a club member for next year. I will be a silent partner and go 50% with costs as long as he flies my young. His bands on them. Not heard back yet. Miss competing!!!!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 3:01 pm

Good idea Hal, benifit both of you.

Hope it works out well.

No matter how healthy pigeons are there are certain problems that cannot go unckecked and untreated.

A nasty unexpected wiil affect the healthiest.

Can honestly say I never had any such problems, luck plays a part and common sense the answer.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 9:50 pm

halcanada81 wrote:
I used Tetracycline in the water for 2 days. Had to pull the head off a young bird. Feral pigeons had got in to the loft. All birds are in 2 lofts, old and young mixed.
As many are aware I am not one for medicating but thought it wise this one time.
Trying to set up a partnership or similar with a club member for next year. I will be a silent partner and go 50% with costs as long as he flies my young. His bands on them. Not heard back yet. Miss competing!!!!

wish you lived a bit closed hal, your just the sort of person id love to fly partners with .........thats what i need i think, a partner to keep me motivated when im being lazy Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 12:53 am

He called back. He has 10 young from me I banded with his bands. Tells me he lost some young training and hawk hit them on top of the loft and many flew away. Never asked if mine were missing.
I told him I would go 50% with shipping costs of youngsters. No need for a bunch of them. Few good ones will suffice. He will let me know mid-week.
He lives in a large town. I am out here with many raptors and white pigeons and no problems. But of course open loft they are more wary. Hope he decides to fly.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 1:45 am

David wrote:
halcanada81 wrote:

wish you lived a bit closed hal, your just the sort of person id love to fly partners with .........thats what i need i think, a partner to keep me motivated when im being lazy Razz Razz
Smile Smile Tetracycline Smile Smile bit out of my price range etc Hal Wink Wink I'm  affraid Did thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes give them all a dose of spirits of salts yesterday here bounce bounce just waiting now, for them to all fall off the perch type of thing Very Happy Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 9:35 am

Sounds to me that matters regarding health problems have increased some what since I last raced.

Was bound to happen when using medicstion both curative and more important preventative with no proper regard to the possible consequences.

Think it gets harder year on year and the immune system almost none existant.

Glad I enjoyed the good times would not like to be starting now.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 9:40 am

its worrying to think misty, whenever we send our birds racing, they cn bring some sort of illness home with them, which in turn can transmit to our other birds which havent been racing .......do the people basketing not notice the bird feels light, or looks ill ?
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 10:45 am

I always insisted any off colour bird never went in the paniers, but they were very rare, fanciers pigeons over all were very good regarding any health problems, but they were nothing like those pigeons have to cope with today.

I know many fanciers who have to treat costantly for canker and other problems, continental fanciers were using Baytril every month years ago, it just masks it not cures it.

We should never have copied continental methods and treatment, prior to doing so we had very few health problems.

A continental friend told me what they were doing in the 70s and I wrote in the BHW that if we adopted their methods etc; our sport would suffer the consequences.

Was cried down by those intent on adopting everything continental (will not name them they know who they are but it makes my stomack churn when I see their photos in the sports publications)

It would take many years and very high losses to regain the health and immunity pigeons had 70 years ago.

Sign of the times in nearly every aspect of life.

Gone to the dogs I am afraid.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 10:56 am

Says I have one unread message, looked and nothing there, last couple of days so if it needed a reply sorry, not received it.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 1:48 pm

Regarding health. The tetracycline I got from the local feed store. Quite a few months ago. A year maybe? Used it for one day. The off colour bird picked right up. Back then. Never usually medicate as I did years ago. No need to. But again have introduced very few pigeons. A person buys a lot of birds then to ensure his investment is safe he medicates at the first sign of a potential problem. Have a red hen here, banded 2009. She no longer has fertile eggs but she is still in good health, very tame. She will end her days here. Never vaccinated for over 10 years now. I beleive the birds immune ststem is as it should be.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 2:06 pm

Think that is one of the benifits of not continualy introducing new pigeons Hal.

You build up the immune system overtime in your own pigeons
and can sort out the wheat from the chaff easily.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 5:40 pm

That’s terrible news Darren, I feel your pain. I was buzzing because I won the first young bird race, but this week they didn’t look quite 100% so I didn’t send, and by Sunday they’ve been taking it in turns going down with it. I’ve got them on Deweerd 4 in 1 YB sickness medicine. It’s not as bad as yours though Darren. All the best.
Let me know if you want any latebreds mate.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 9:24 am

The sport can cetainly kick you in the teeth at the worst possible time.

One of the main problems is the different methods fanciers use.

You have the clinical method, everything spotless, pigeons given everything the fancier thinks is needed.

The in betweenies.

Then the could not care less as long as I can send, no particular system just a muddle.

Problem.

The clinical pigeons will be most affected by any problem that the latter may carry but not show, having their immune system nullified by the method they are kept, but the muddlers having a good immune system will survive better than the clinicals, with possibly no outward signs (the latter being the problem).

Regards.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 9:30 am

isnt there anything that could be put in the water for the birds, on arrival home from the race to stop them getting ill ...or to nip in in the bud before it takes a hold ?
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 11:28 am

As long as I have kept pigeons some fanciers have used treatments as preventatives when they return from a race.

They can do nothing if the pigeon has already contracted the problem.

The problem would have to be treated.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 1:06 pm

Boosey wrote:
That’s terrible news Darren, I feel your pain. I was buzzing because I won the first young bird race, but this week they didn’t look quite 100% so I didn’t send, and by Sunday they’ve been taking it in turns going down with it. I’ve got them on Deweerd 4 in 1 YB sickness medicine. It’s not as bad as yours though Darren. All the best.

well done on yer win steve Very Happy thanks for the offer of lates m8 but will decline as have enough old birds to race next yr although no yearlings ,good luck for the weekend if you send
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 12:34 am

Boosey wrote:
Well done on your win etc Boosey Very Happy Very Happy pity thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad about the crap side of your news here as such Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 9:05 am

Boosey wrote:

well done on your win boosey, sorry to hear they went down with something, i hope you get it sorted quickly .........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: no yb racing this yr   no yb racing this yr Empty

Back to top Go down

no yb racing this yr
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next