Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
It's back again Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:59 pm

» Weather today
It's back again Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
It's back again Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
It's back again Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
It's back again Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
It's back again Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
It's back again Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
It's back again Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
It's back again Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) It's back again 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 94 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 93 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.It's back again Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
It's back again Vote_lcapIt's back again Voting_barIt's back again Vote_rcap 
David
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222742 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
It's back again Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
It's back again Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

It's back again

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

It's back again Empty
PostSubject: It's back again   It's back again EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 8:47 am

The pigeon sent back Thursday - last week - going to owner in Grimsby, is back here at the ladies.

What does she do?
If going back again vis courier, £40 or so, I guess) I feel it would be it's last trip. Couldn't tell the lady that of course.
Remember a fancier seeing a great looking red pied at Trafalgar square. Just like the one he had lost. Was rung too. He caught ... It was his! Later losted again ... Back at Trafalgar square. Caught again and mated. Had youngsters in the nest ...  Let out. Went back to Trafalgar square.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

It's back again Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's back again   It's back again EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 9:03 am

Would have a word with the lady and see if she would like a feathered friend, would maybe be a blessing in disguise for her.

Cost negligble joy immense.

Think as you say the fancier concerned would not be willing to keep forking out for it's return ????.

Hope there is a happy ending.

At our end my wife has adopted about 20 ferals from a friend two doors away whose wife is not able to see to them as previously for many years.

My friend has started dropping a bag of corn off to help with the feed but happy to feed them anytime.

We also have two squarels that feed about a yard from the back window, pea nuts they like just like pigeons, give much pleasure with their antics but have no idea where they keep the pea nuts.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

It's back again Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's back again   It's back again EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 10:17 am

Well the fancier, not surprisingly, has asked her to keep it for seven days and the release it. The lady is quite took with the scenario and - For want of a better word Pleased I guess.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

It's back again Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's back again   It's back again EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 10:33 am

i wonder why it keeps returning to the finder, are there other pigeons living there ...? also does the owner not keep the bird in the loft for a while before letting it out ...?

£40 every time is going to add up, thats why whenever i sell / give birds away i now take details of new owner and pay the £2 myself and send the transfer form off , works out cheaper lol!
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

It's back again Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's back again   It's back again EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 11:50 am

No David, the lady, who is a good friend of mine never even thought regards 'Pigeons. Knew I had them. Got a mate to give her my phone number.

Quite taken, and a little smitten. A new phase in her life of something new. Full stop.

David, my thoughts, again here, as always are Contentment. Happier, or/and not so satisfied with its loft or system. It moves on. Like I often say, 'You cannot motivate a pigeon to home quicker or faster'. That has to do- I believe - in the fancier allowing and letting the bird indulge in the first C. Contentment. You can't instil, I feel a 'Love of Home' in a pigeon. It gains that its self.  (That's why, I say, strays often win races - they want to be there in their new home).

So one allows time and patience for the bird from the very start to be happy and contented. Then when away, it WANTS to be home. J.M.O.
What will the fancier do, David? Discard it? Has to be indulgent with a none 'Fancier' of course. If someone spouted, another fancier, says, doing the Owner a 'Good turn' says ''I'll take it and look after it ... 'etc. Then disposes of it! What excuses would be appropriate when asked 'How it is' and When can I see it'! Like you promised 'I could come and see it in your loft' etc.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

It's back again Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's back again   It's back again EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 12:22 pm

She's bought him a hutch. Is easting and drinking well.
Will miss the bird, i bet, if and when it clears, or gets picked up I bet. Lol.Still it is a happy experience eh!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

It's back again Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's back again   It's back again EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 1:42 pm

Maybe have a word with the fancier involved Daz, I know I would.

Explain situation and say pigeon is happy where it is.

I once had one reported that had taken a liking to a none fanciers garage, he reported it but when I sent for it he said I bet you kill it.

It had everything it needed at home but obviously had other ideas, next time it raced it was back at the garage and as far as I know may have spent the rest of it's life there.

Think at times nature gives the wonderlust to some to change the genes.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

It's back again Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's back again   It's back again EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 2:12 pm

obviously the bird is happier with the none fancier, otherwise it wouldnt keep going back there.........if the finder is happy to keep it, its best left where it is .
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

It's back again Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's back again   It's back again EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 3:10 pm

Agree with both above posts.

I know Elaine wouldn't want to send it back to be culled. Her grandson is glad it stayed. It enjoys wandering around the kitchen lol.
I reckon in foresighrt they'd like the idea of it staying. But hindsight may say different lol.

We should all have 'Hindsight' before 'Foresight' lol

Last edited by Daz on Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

It's back again Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's back again   It's back again EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 6:15 pm

any update on the bird daz, is the owner retrieving it or leaving it where it is .......
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

It's back again Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's back again   It's back again EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 11:30 am

Last i heard, was he would send for it... again!
Later today, I will enthuse the idea of her keeping it as a pet.
Yes via letting and asking the fancier. may mention that if going back it won't stay the bird will more than likely keep return to her, at the fanciers great expence.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

It's back again Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's back again   It's back again EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 12:06 pm

Have sent elaine a text saying maybe- if she so wishes, to ask the fancier in Grimsby if she should keep it as a pet - with freedom here! then if it returens, all well and good. that will save him £45 or so to fetch it each time.

Of course, I doubt it would ever come back, as the fanciers may well take steps to see to that!
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

It's back again Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's back again   It's back again EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 2:17 pm

Yes, that is what Elaine is doing. Will let the bird out tomorrow, that will be a week. . Just let it do as and such.
Says it seems happy. Eats and drinks ok. A little frighten maybe when opening the gage door.
But tomorrow will leave it to it's own decisions.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

It's back again Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's back again   It's back again EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 2:23 pm

I think, don't kbnow, regards this fancier. Maybe he is being careful not to upset a none fancier Embarassed Rolling Eyes
For it is certainly 'Times' when so very many can just about afford to keep pigeons, but not lose them.

Maybe if it was another fancier, he might say what a wondeful and great peigree it has too! that the parents cost an arm and a leg to buy,! They came from a great fancier of repute, with a proven record.../ etc. etc. Would you like to try it?

'Maybe it will produce some thing, a throw back to its grand sire'. Blah Blah.

I don't have an inkling what a courier costs today. But a few quiddies I'd wager. Twice fetcthed back and ... J.M.O.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

It's back again Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's back again   It's back again EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 3:02 pm

Just hope it has a happy ending.

Regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's back again Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's back again   It's back again Empty

Back to top Go down

It's back again
Page 1 of 1