Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Shame and regrets Emptyby David Today at 3:16 pm

» Weather today
Shame and regrets Emptyby David Today at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Shame and regrets Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Shame and regrets Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Shame and regrets Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Shame and regrets Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Shame and regrets Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Shame and regrets Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Shame and regrets Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Shame and regrets 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 95 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 94 Guests :: 1 Bot

David

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Shame and regrets Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Shame and regrets Vote_lcapShame and regrets Voting_barShame and regrets Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Shame and regrets Vote_lcapShame and regrets Voting_barShame and regrets Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222735 messages in 14002 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Shame and regrets Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Shame and regrets Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Shame and regrets

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Shame and regrets Empty
PostSubject: Shame and regrets   Shame and regrets EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 1:38 pm

Joyce and I, have a row, maybe 3 times a year. Or rather I lose my rag and shout at her. Against all my beliefs and Christian understandings.

Saturday tea-time.
This row raises its ugly head 2-3 times a year, as it has done for over twenty years.
Joyce can't accept my views on this issue.  i believe it is irrelevant and of no concern to her.

Something seen, said or  thought starts her off. So for a few hours, she broods, and I get the vibes. Irretating and bad vibes. Joyce knows this and continues moreso, knowing it is getting to me... A few hours later- after speaking and trying to get her to say what is up - she knows, of course, as I do, but refuses to say. After another while and her face pulling and stamping. I tell her what it is etc. I was right. Then I lose my rag and shout and spout some unkind words. None true!

We calm down and makeup.

But I feel so bad! Regardless, through the night, holding and apologising etc.
Next morning I'm still so ashamed that I spoke/shouted as I did, and feel not good. Not good to say the least. Joyce says 'Ah its all forgotten' etc. (I know this isn't true though for it will become an issue again a few months down the line.)  

Still now, Monday and I am still ashamed. Feeling remorse. Wishing I had shut my mouth.

Things said in a temper eh! Hurtful things, stuff you can't take back, words you wished you had never said!
For nothing good ever come out from them!

Shame and guilt, and you know, now not a thought, or care regards who was right or wrong. All is now irrelevant! It doesn't matter!

Well, it does really, because it damages, even in a small way a loving and caring relationship.

Yes, Joyce is fine, and hovering around me like broody hen as always... Which brings home the fact she never deserved those unkind and nasty words!

A bunch of flowers would would only enhance the guilt of shame and wrongdoing, eh!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Shame and regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame and regrets   Shame and regrets EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 1:52 pm

we have all been there daz, i have learnt to hold my tongue on most things, but even so i do and say things i regret, and feel guilty for.......not very often these days ill be honest, but we are all only human, and do need to let off steam every now and then.

a trusting, healthy relationship is all part of disagreeing sometimes ....
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Shame and regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame and regrets   Shame and regrets EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 4:22 pm

My way has always been to go silent for maybe a couple of days, with my present wife.

My wife always says, "So it's the silent treatment then"

My first wife I cannot remember having any major upsets other than my having to ask forgiveness for my indiscretions which were willingly given.

Know that if I let my feelings go asunder I would later regret it.

We are but humans DAZ, we all have regrets, we all make mistakes, our morals are tested on a regular basis and have yet to meet anyone who has no regrets.

Chin up Daz we both know what it is all about and who tests our resolve.

Man will not be the judge as you know Daz.

Just keep the faith.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Shame and regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame and regrets   Shame and regrets EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 5:02 pm

Often said 'We hurt the pnes we love. That must be inconsiderate.

Was up the local drinking club when my best friend said 'Look at him' He should be ashamed of himself'.
Why. Because a husband was tearing strip off his wife. Why, be cause she dared to make a jibe regards a certain behaviour of his.
Dick, my best mate, explained a home truth.
Saying. now Tommy there get insulted and ribb galore nigh all the time. Not once has he objected or rasise a protest even.
His so - called mate take the pee out of him every time he is here.  Not a word of protest!
But the first time his wife says  something, he is up on his high horse berating her. Shouldn't be having a go at the wife who shares his life and looks after his kids. It should be the morons taking the pee'!
How true.
What contempt to show a 'Loved one up' in public'. Or the kids!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Shame and regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame and regrets   Shame and regrets EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 5:06 pm

that sounds like a bully daz, bullies pick on either weaker people, or ones he knows cares about him and will take it without fighting back.........there are a few things i hate, a bully being one of them..
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Shame and regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame and regrets   Shame and regrets EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 1:32 am

David wrote:
that sounds like a bully daz, bullies pick on either weaker people, or ones he knows cares about him and will take it without fighting back.........there are a few things i hate, a bully being one of them..
You should like this one David Wink Wink Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes maybe. Bunch of local coppers, called to a hospital bounce bounce out patent causing trouble etc there Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad got him on the ground outside bounce bounce & then one of them Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad started kicking him repeatedly in the head to send him a message. One Bully in a uniform is how I would best describe the man I'm affraid sadly. Nearly forgot  Wink  Wink before they started kicking sh**e out of him, they actually ran into/over him would you believe with a police car also  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes & it didn't really matter to them that he had a mental health issue either apparently. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Shame and regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame and regrets   Shame and regrets EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 9:50 am

Can understand the frustration some law enfocement people experience and that is why selection of those entrusted to keep the peace is of paramount importance.

The old type copper did not have to contend with the present day Low Life.

It is an unfortunate fact that due to the present selection methods of the police farce etc; criminals and all types of odd balls have been allowed to join our protective element.

There is no way one can predict how these types will react in any situation.

Afraid any semblance of reason or sensability has been lost due to the PC and Flower People.

If a genuine examination of those in the police force was undertaken by a phychiatrist I feel that very few would be classed as suitable.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Shame and regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame and regrets   Shame and regrets EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 12:31 pm

sweated all night. Even woke twice wanting a pee. But I wwouldn't start that caper. so I ignore and go back to sleep etc. Happens, maybe two nights! But then I have long periods of not waking in night like many do.

So I get up about ten. Look out the window etc. I see the washing hanged out to dry. Joyce has also cleaned out all the dishes and baths and replenished with fresh water for the birds.

I go for a pee, and decide on a shower etc.
Back in the bedroom, I see the bed is changed and clean sheets etc. etc. as always.
Getting dressed Joyce comes up and asks if I want any thing, a hand etc.
Clean cloths on and down I go.

I take a Diabetis reading, joyce writes it down. Have my Jabs. Then the tablets are sorted.
i go over and sit on arm chair. joyce takes my Blood preasure and writes it down -- Readings are sent in to Doc's  weekly.

Joyce asks what I want for breakfast and says she'll make It.
But am having a coughing spell. So I say I'll sort when done. Which I do.
Deciding on toast and Marmite with cheese.
Eaten I then- as always, bring up everything clinging inside my tubes.
Joyce is there for me every step of the way. AND to think I shout and lose my temper with her!

Yes David 'Bully'. I hated them with a vengence at school, and banned Bullying.
I may have posted as such before. But will most likely do so again.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Shame and regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame and regrets   Shame and regrets EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 7:24 pm

You are certainly having a rough time Daz.

Just hope they can sort something out for you.

Hard to understand events at times.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Shame and regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame and regrets   Shame and regrets EmptyWed Sep 16, 2020 11:13 am

Had Leicester Hospil phone this morning. Just after I got in from Council and blood test. I have a appointment Sat for Scan.

Now waiting for the other consultant that is booked me in for a 'Phone consultancy'.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Shame and regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame and regrets   Shame and regrets EmptyWed Sep 16, 2020 11:40 am

Daz wrote:
Had Leicester Hospil phone this morning. Just after I got in from Council and blood test. I have a appointment Sat for Scan.

Now waiting for the other consultant that is booked me in for a 'Phone consultancy'.
Hang in there etc Daz Wink Wink trying time I know, but Joyce will keep you on the straight & narrow I suspect, hopefully Smile Smile. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Shame and regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame and regrets   Shame and regrets EmptyWed Sep 16, 2020 12:40 pm

Kettering hospital just phoned for a session. Good news, Lungs, no worse. So another appointment in six months.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Shame and regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame and regrets   Shame and regrets EmptyWed Sep 16, 2020 1:18 pm

Could not be better news Daz, very pleased for you.

Chin up.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Shame and regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame and regrets   Shame and regrets EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 3:37 pm

Daz wrote:
Kettering hospital just phoned for a session. Good news, Lungs, no worse. So another appointment in six months.

great news daz, good to hear ......... cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Shame and regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame and regrets   Shame and regrets EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 5:32 pm

Daz wrote:

great to hear daz Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shame and regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame and regrets   Shame and regrets Empty

Back to top Go down

Shame and regrets
Page 1 of 1