Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:13 pm

» Good Morning
6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:15 pm

» escaped birds return
6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:51 pm

» good luck weekend
6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 87 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 86 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons Vote_lcap6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons Voting_bar6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons Vote_rcap 
David
6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons Vote_lcap6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons Voting_bar6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222679 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons

Go down 
+6
Knackered
Don Webb
markevans
David
peel bros
alzajilalmaghribi
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alzajilalmaghribi
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons Empty
PostSubject: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 1:40 pm

6 mistakes in racing pigeons for beginners make you wiser
subscribe | like | share
welcome
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 7:15 pm

I kept pigeons since 1979 when I was a kid and I still make mistakes and I bet we all do
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 7:36 pm

i think i make mistakes every day..........but hey ho, they get fed, and watered, grit and minerals and cleaned out every so often, so thats good enough for me . cheers cheers cheers afro
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 7:42 pm

Always learning with pigeons   always
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 9:02 pm

Biggest mistake is having the bugger's
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 9:07 pm

Wouldn't be without them but I must admit if I was on my own it might be a different story. I missed out on a lot over the years with keeping them but I am making up for that now with being 3 of us . It makes it a lot easier. I would honestly struggle on my own and take my hats off to you that are
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 11:30 pm

peel bros wrote:
I kept pigeons since 1979 when I was a kid and I still make mistakes and I bet we all do

Will second that Ray I MAKE LOADS
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 1:11 am

alzajilalmaghribi wrote:
6 mistakes in racing pigeons for  beginners make you wiser
subscribe | like | share
welcome
Thanks for that etc Alzaj Very Happy Very Happy been here for years bounce bounce trying to find out what I've been doing wrong as such Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Now Smile Smile lol! lol! lol! I've finely found out thanks to your effort Smile Smile.  
cheers

Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 1:30 pm

made more than 6 this year
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Biggest mistake in pigeons ?   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 1:49 pm

Whats the biggest and most regrettable mistake  you have ever done.. one of ours was to kill a hen by mistake that bred a fed topper  total mix up in the ring number..still regret than even now
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 1:53 pm

paired an unsettled stock hen to a widowhood cock, let her out by mistake never seen again. The 2 nestmate youngsters got swapped and reared under another pair were 1st and 2nd fed as yearlings
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 1:55 pm

barnie wrote:
paired an unsettled stock hen to a widowhood cock, let her out by mistake never seen again. The 2 nestmate youngsters got swapped and reared under another pair were 1st and 2nd fed as yearlings

Bloody hell , not good that 
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 4:08 pm

A friend, Bill Halifax gave me a dark cock I took a liking to as a young bird, very well bred.

It paired to two sister blue hens and both nested next to each other under the nest boxes. (nusance).

He sat with both hens at times and all four young were reared.

All blues.

I killed him because he was a nuisance. (after the young were reared)

All four youngster scored over time and also won in shows.

Not a happy bunny after the following events.

All were open loft.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 4:53 pm

I would have been gutted
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 9:50 pm

peel bros wrote:
Whats the biggest and most regrettable mistake  you have ever done.. one of ours was to kill a hen by mistake that bred a fed topper  total mix up in the ring number..still regret than even now
Tossing my pigeons on the side of a highway at a place called Wallan here. Birds took off heading north with a gale up their backside bounce bounce few minutes later Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad come back at ground level heading south into the gale on the way home. Only problem was Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes they decided to take on the oncoming traffic, travelling at 60 odd miles an hour head on Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad where my car & baskets were. Total carnage I'm affraid & the worst part, for me Smile Smile was a cop car 3rd in line who saw it all unfold bounce bounce & then gave me a good lecture on the finer points of the road laws Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as they understood them Smile. End of the day  Wink  Wink not a good one & especially  bounce  bounce when I got home & then had to explain to my other half here I'm  affraid  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad why I required urgently hundreds of dollars to fix some one else's brand new car which he had had, for only a week  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 9:55 pm

Jesus that horrendous...keep them coming lads . I think that's the best one yet so to speak..frightening
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:18 pm

peel bros wrote:
Jesus that horrendous...keep them coming lads . I think that's the best one yet so to speak..frightening
lol! lol! lol! I was just thankful etc Ray Wink Wink on the day bounce bounce  it was just my B team as such Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Now Wink Wink I see that side of ours bounce bounce  lost their first game for the season the other day Wink Wink still going Ok thou I suggest Very Happy Very Happy & Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes certainly better than that Bristol side I see Wink Wink fortunately.  cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 7:39 am

Still horrible and regarding Sunderland   they were rubbish and I mean rubbish
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 9:11 am

Expensive training toss Knackered.

Think very mixxed feelings involved and none good ones.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 3:18 pm

Knackered wrote:
peel bros wrote:
Tossing my pigeons on the side of a highway at a place called Wallan here. Birds took off heading north with a gale up their backside bounce bounce few minutes later Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad come back at ground level heading south into the gale on the way home. Only problem was Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes they decided to take on the oncoming traffic, travelling at 60 odd miles an hour head on Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad where my car & baskets were. Total carnage I'm affraid & the worst part, for me Smile Smile was a cop car 3rd in line who saw it all unfold bounce bounce & then gave me a good lecture on the finer points of the road laws Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as they understood them Smile. End of the day  Wink  Wink not a good one & especially  bounce  bounce when I got home & then had to explain to my other half here I'm  affraid  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad why I required urgently hundreds of dollars to fix some one else's brand new car which he had had, for only a week  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes. cheers
got nout to match that pal, should have done the decent thing and thrown yourself on to your scraper Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 5:57 pm

Haha
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 6:19 pm

few years ago our club had a member who would take the birds training for anyone who wanted them to go, and he would sometimes take them for the odd open race we held........anyway he was a bit of a drinker, and called into the pub on the way to the liberation point.

when he came out the trailer of pigeons had gone, not sure if the car had too, but never heard if the birds made it home or not ........ Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 7:51 pm

David wrote:
few years ago our club had a member who would take the birds training for anyone who wanted them to go, and he would sometimes take them for the odd open race we held........anyway he was a bit of a drinker, and called into the pub on the way to the liberation point.

when he came out the trailer of pigeons had gone, not sure if the car had too, but never heard if the birds made it home or not ........ Razz Razz Razz

Blood hell haha ...unreal 
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 9:27 pm

redrog wrote:
Knackered wrote:
peel bros wrote:
got nout to match that pal, should have done the decent thing and thrown yourself on to your scraper Rolling Eyes
Very Happy Very Happy No time for that etc I'm  affraid at the time Rog Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes irate drivers attacking me bounce bounce from all directions, 2 young keen young buck type female coppers Wink Wink reading the riot act to me as such Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad as if I was some young kid type. End of the day Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad one of those memory type moments Very Happy Very Happy that many would find hard to believe I suspect somehow Wink Wink but it's all true Smile Smile sadly. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 9:17 am

If you are going to make a mistake, why not make it a REAL one.

Would have taken me ( and no doubt you) years to come to terms with such an unfortunate event.

Sad how such circumstances arrise from innocent activities.

As an unforunate occurance as I have heard of.

Feel for you Knackered.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons   6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons Empty

Back to top Go down

6 mistakes to avoid in racing pigeons
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next