Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
vaccinating pigeons Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:18 pm

» escaped birds return
vaccinating pigeons Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» Weather today
vaccinating pigeons Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
vaccinating pigeons Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:01 pm

» good luck weekend
vaccinating pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 2:24 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
vaccinating pigeons Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
vaccinating pigeons Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
vaccinating pigeons Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
vaccinating pigeons Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) vaccinating pigeons 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 108 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 108 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.vaccinating pigeons Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
vaccinating pigeons Vote_lcapvaccinating pigeons Voting_barvaccinating pigeons Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
vaccinating pigeons Vote_lcapvaccinating pigeons Voting_barvaccinating pigeons Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222655 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
vaccinating pigeons Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
vaccinating pigeons Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

vaccinating pigeons

Go down 
+3
markevans
MISTY
barnie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

vaccinating pigeons Empty
PostSubject: vaccinating pigeons   vaccinating pigeons EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 5:56 pm

how long after last flights are up and how long before pairing up is best for vaccinating ready for next season?

Alternatively anyone vaccinate race team after the yb's come off?
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: vaccinating pigeons   vaccinating pigeons EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 6:46 pm

Wonder how long they are going to insist on vaxination ?.

Many fanciers do not vacinate pigeons they are not going to race and have done so for many years.

Never heard of any problems.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: vaccinating pigeons   vaccinating pigeons EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 7:44 pm

We vaccinated our old birds at the end of the young bird program so they are all done now l never do them this early but due to a bad old bird season thought we would do them and see how the moult goes not a problem at all cleaning up nicely
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: vaccinating pigeons   vaccinating pigeons EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 8:00 pm

MISTY wrote:
Wonder how long they are going to insist on vaxination ?.

Many fanciers do not vacinate pigeons they are not going to race and have done so for many years.

Never  heard of any problems.

Regards.
Forever I would say Misty Smile Smile that money making racket thing etc. Pigeons these days Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes are like pin cushions bounce bounce they have that many needles stuck in them for the cause Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: vaccinating pigeons   vaccinating pigeons EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 8:26 pm

Used to do ours for parathyroid and paramyxo twice a year but changing that as costly.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: vaccinating pigeons   vaccinating pigeons EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 10:05 am

what are the vaccinations for ...?

i dont vaccinate because i dont race, but is the vaccination for something they might pick up in the basket, or is it an airborne bacteria / virus ...?

the odd time i get an ill bird, is this what they are vaccinating for ...?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: vaccinating pigeons   vaccinating pigeons EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 10:19 am

always did mine early december ...advice on vaccine is to vaccinate at least 3 weeks before pairing ....ybs get done twice this way in there year of birth ,has no ill
effects at all,so for me after the moult and at least 1 month before pairing atb
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: vaccinating pigeons   vaccinating pigeons EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 10:34 am

David wrote:

i dont vaccinate because i dont race, but is the vaccination for something they might pick up in the basket, or is it an airborne bacteria / virus ...?

Paramyxovirus David, mandatory as set by DERFA
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: vaccinating pigeons   vaccinating pigeons EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 11:02 am

just a note on vaccinating ,a freind vaccinated 1 week before pairing and 1st round of eggs were mostly clear/duds he also had a clear round last year cankering the birds too close to pairing using emtryl ...be careful using meds to close to pairing ,we only vaccinate and worm leave all else alone if its not broke dont fix it eh cheers and definitely no antibiotics like parastop etc.... Rolling Eyes i cant think of anything worse than dosing yer breeders up before pairing affraid
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: vaccinating pigeons   vaccinating pigeons EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 11:26 am

Read the jargon, vacinate so that whatever it is for has taken effect well prior to breeding.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: vaccinating pigeons   vaccinating pigeons EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 1:12 pm

barnie wrote:
David wrote:

Paramyxovirus David, mandatory as set by DERFA

how do they get Paramyxovirus colin, by contact with other pigeons in the basket, from different lofts ......or can my birds get it who never come into contact with birds outside my loft ...?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: vaccinating pigeons   vaccinating pigeons EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 1:38 pm

wild birds carry it to david ...its airborne a virus so anything close enough could infect or indeed maybe carried into the loft by yerself or just on the wind ...best vaccinate if it comes calling its not nice to see
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: vaccinating pigeons   vaccinating pigeons EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 5:10 pm

as Darren says David, for cost of vaccine not worth risk of not getting them done when you care for your birds. To be honest I've never heard of anyone getting the virus in their birds once they have been correctly vaccinated but do know people do get it in non vaccinated birds including the tippler and high flyer lads.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: vaccinating pigeons   vaccinating pigeons EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 8:42 pm

oldstrain wrote:
wild birds carry it to david ...its airborne a virus so anything close enough could infect or indeed maybe carried into the loft by yerself or just on the wind ...best vaccinate if it comes calling its not nice to see
Sort of O/S Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink lol! lol! lol! reminds me here bounce bounce of another virus floating around etc Very Happy Very Happy apparently. Rumour file could be wrong thou, maybe Smile Smile on that issue, so I will just check it all out with my mate Trump bounce bounce & see what his thoughts are on the subject matter Wink Wink  Very Happy  Very Happy for the clarification factor  Wink  Wink. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: vaccinating pigeons   vaccinating pigeons EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 10:13 pm

a cup of bleach a day will sort you out knackered ......... Razz Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: vaccinating pigeons   vaccinating pigeons EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 8:37 am

David wrote:
a cup of bleach a day will sort you out knackered ......... Razz Razz lol!
Where oh where, now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes did you come up with that thought bubble thought  lol!  lol!  lol! David Very Happy Very Happy Bleach Wink Wink & a cup full at that etc bounce bounce. So please I suggest, stop reading the fake news rumour file as such Smile Smile as some here may just feel somehow  Smile  Smile you have found a new wonder drug for man kind in this day & age maybe for all it's so called problems Wink Wink Very Happy  Very Happy. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: vaccinating pigeons   vaccinating pigeons EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 9:36 am

The continentals have been vacinating and treating their pigeons for over 60 years,
Baytril a must for all of them for instance, told about it 45 years ago.

Afraid if our featherdd friends in 99% of lofts were not constantly treated, including studs, ( they treat according to vets advice to protect their investments as do others) they would soon have major problems.

Of course some health problems arrise that can be cured with no long term detrimental problems but to treat year on year for possible problems must have some effect on the pigeons system.

I never treated for anything, I did vacinate to comply with the rules and I never had any major health problems with the pigeons.

Did the same with the canaries, one wag when I discussed it in the Cage and Aviary aviary said I had just been lucky, I replied not bad having good luck for over 40 years at that time.

It is too late to attempt the same today you would lose 90% of the pigeons.

Easy to destroy the immune system years to develope it.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: vaccinating pigeons   vaccinating pigeons EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 10:00 am

how true misty ....alot of fanciers give a antibiotic before pairing/racing willy nilly and usually a broad spectrum one to another favorite is parastop ,each to his own but all year round good care and observation is all you need and i am sure all this treatment before pairing has an adverse effect on the ybs themselves ,when you think most fanciers will vaccinate,worm,canker,treatment for cocci and a treatment for paratyphoid/salmonella thats alot of treatment in a period of a couple of months ie after the moult mid november to pairing mid january ,i ask myself have the birds been given a treatment for candida after all the treatments will create some ...if not do the parents pass that onto the ybs hence a sickness appears a little further down the line in the crop just a hunch at the end of the day by me but pretty damn sure all them meds are not doing the breeding cycle any good whatsoever atb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vaccinating pigeons   vaccinating pigeons Empty

Back to top Go down

vaccinating pigeons
Page 1 of 1