Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Vaccinating YBs.........? Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:18 pm

» escaped birds return
Vaccinating YBs.........? Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» Weather today
Vaccinating YBs.........? Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Vaccinating YBs.........? Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:01 pm

» good luck weekend
Vaccinating YBs.........? Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 2:24 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Vaccinating YBs.........? Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
Vaccinating YBs.........? Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Vaccinating YBs.........? Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Vaccinating YBs.........? Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Vaccinating YBs.........? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 118 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 118 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Vaccinating YBs.........? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Vaccinating YBs.........? Vote_lcapVaccinating YBs.........? Voting_barVaccinating YBs.........? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Vaccinating YBs.........? Vote_lcapVaccinating YBs.........? Voting_barVaccinating YBs.........? Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222655 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Vaccinating YBs.........? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Vaccinating YBs.........? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Vaccinating YBs.........?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Vaccinating YBs.........? Empty
PostSubject: Vaccinating YBs.........?   Vaccinating YBs.........? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:01 pm

still need to vaccinate my ybs before racing, any help/info members could give please re where do i buy it from etc scratch
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Vaccinating YBs.........?   Vaccinating YBs.........? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:06 pm

did mine last friday afternoon, kept them in till sunday
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Vaccinating YBs.........?   Vaccinating YBs.........? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:16 pm

why did you decide to keep them in steve ? were uyou advised to by someone......? is it in the back of the neck ?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Vaccinating YBs.........?   Vaccinating YBs.........? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:55 pm

David get the pigeons neck pull it towards you, once the neck is pulled (extented) move the feathers on the back of the neck to exspose the skin

Get the needle with vaccin incert the needle just under the skin then the required amount of vaccin

But make sure you do not incert the needle to much into the neck as this can damage the nerves in the neck and damage the neck bones so just be careful

Always best to have help one hold the pigeon and the other vaccinate hope this helps mate
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Vaccinating YBs.........?   Vaccinating YBs.........? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 7:47 am

yes in back of neck all members in club let them settle down for a day
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Vaccinating YBs.........?   Vaccinating YBs.........? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 7:49 am

2 other club members needed to witness and sign form for club
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Vaccinating YBs.........?   Vaccinating YBs.........? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 10:57 pm

Here is one to think about and we did it at our club when i racedwith my dad

When it was time to vaccinate everyone in the club counted the amount of birds which needed to be vaccinated then the secratury of the club would buy the vaccine and then arrange a day (Sunday) when everyone would bring birds to the club and the pigeons were vaccinated

Doing it this way made the cost, less for everyone and everything is covered and the card signed by club committiee everything all above board

Just an idear
Back to top Go down
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

PostSubject: Re: Vaccinating YBs.........?   Vaccinating YBs.........? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:40 am

sounds good that way. if ya can get everyone in the club agree to meet and get the vacine.the club i in at the moment there would be some who throw the spanner in the works, lol
Back to top Go down
http://marks-white-dove-release.co.uk
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Vaccinating YBs.........?   Vaccinating YBs.........? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:56 pm

Yes I know but, but that is what we did and it worked out cheaper in the end

You buy a bottle of vaccine for yourself and how many times have you throwed some away because you have not got the amount of pigeons to fully use the vaccine

But doing it this way you only pay for the pigeons you need and no waste
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Vaccinating YBs.........?   Vaccinating YBs.........? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 10:07 pm

Very Happy Just a little thought for everyone, might help.
This year for the first time I vaccinated all my youngsters the day I weaned them, I was advised last year from a fancier who swears that it kick starts the imune system early for the youngsters. I then do them 2 weeks before training as the rules , it means they get it twice and it costs more, but lets face it 25 quid for 80 dose is not going to break the bank and will save on medication.
So I can conclude this year my youngsters do seem healthier, and I havent had YBS, OR ANY REAL AILEMENTS....SO does it work? I wouldsay yes. Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Vaccinating YBs.........?   Vaccinating YBs.........? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 10:55 pm

Martyn everyone to there own but at least you have tried it and you can support your findings

But as for cost there is always a few fanciers that moan but you can't please them all mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vaccinating YBs.........?   Vaccinating YBs.........? Empty

Back to top Go down

Vaccinating YBs.........?
Page 1 of 1