Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Eye sign and stuff. Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:18 pm

» escaped birds return
Eye sign and stuff. Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» Weather today
Eye sign and stuff. Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Eye sign and stuff. Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:01 pm

» good luck weekend
Eye sign and stuff. Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 2:24 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Eye sign and stuff. Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
Eye sign and stuff. Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Eye sign and stuff. Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Eye sign and stuff. Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Eye sign and stuff. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 101 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 101 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Eye sign and stuff. Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Eye sign and stuff. Vote_lcapEye sign and stuff. Voting_barEye sign and stuff. Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Eye sign and stuff. Vote_lcapEye sign and stuff. Voting_barEye sign and stuff. Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222655 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Eye sign and stuff. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Eye sign and stuff. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Eye sign and stuff.

Go down 
+3
Knackered
peel bros
halcanada81
7 posters
AuthorMessage
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

Eye sign and stuff. Empty
PostSubject: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 7:05 pm

Read Flemings book many years ago. Compared eyes with my birds. I had very few good ones according to Fleming. So bought some with eye sign much better.
Mated by eyes as per instructions. Same results. Few years later visited an old fancier selling out. Excelent flier at any distance. Got my eye glass out and began looking. No better than mine! He watched for a while then said "What are you looking for?"
"Good breeder eyes."
He picked up a dark check cock and BB hen.
"These will breed you winner."
Eyes were poor. "Look" he said, "Keel bone, strong back, wings, asshole. Forget them. Race your best and mate the best together. You will seldom go wrong. That pair does not breed you winners return for refund."
Never returned them. When I go in to a persons loft I look for alertness. Birds that watch your every move. Intelligence. Usually when asked about them the majority are top birds. Breeding or racing.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 7:30 pm

Never really been into eyesign myself . I can tell a good bird by its look , feel , manner ect
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 12:23 am

halcanada81 wrote:
Read Flemings book many years ago. Compared eyes with my birds. I had very few good ones according to Fleming. So bought some with eye sign much better.
Mated by eyes as per instructions. Same results. Few years later visited an old fancier selling out. Excelent flier at any distance. Got my eye glass out and began looking. No better than mine! He watched for a while then said "What are you looking for?"
"Good breeder eyes."
He picked up a dark check cock and BB hen.
"These will breed you winner."
Eyes were poor. "Look" he said, "Keel bone, strong back, wings, asshole. Forget them. Race your best and mate the best together. You will seldom go wrong. That pair does not breed you winners return for refund."
Never returned them. When I go in to a persons loft I look for alertness. Birds that watch your every move. Intelligence. Usually when asked about them the majority are top birds. Breeding or racing.
Fleming had his place in some ways I suggest Hal Smile Smile in a pigeon sense. End of the day thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes a talker of spin of the highest order & in the end his own worst enemy I'm affraid with how he enjoyed cutting people off at the knees, who disagreed with his way of thinking as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 9:32 am

Now here is a subject that could go on for months.

First came across it with Brian Mays book, keep getting him mixed up with Brian Denny who I know and him I do not.

He came out with a pamphlet type book on eyesign all emphasis on a Black Circle of colouration.

Myself, the late Albert Witty and Skarthie took a keen interest and knocked it around for years until  both went to the loft in the sky.

Albert had a chalk drawing of the eye on one of the doors to his loft which was the most basic one could have, an old first floor granary, no airs and graces with Albert.

Both on the continent and here experts on the subject arose offering services to pick out the best and which to get rid of.

Later just as an expetiment I got the most  prominent one over here to give my birds the once over.

He condemned one pigeon only, it was one that was said to have got second in the Vaux Usher race, a blue hen, after I had bought it there was some concern as to wether it was genuine, soI killed it there and then.

I have won many firsts in the eye sign classs and also judged  many classes.

I know fanciers who are as successful as any who believe in it and others who do not.

I had to laugh in one big show where two grizzles that looked like seagulls took 1st and 2nd and there were complaints, the judge said I judged the eyes  not the looks it is not a beauty contest.

The best eyes I have ever seen according to the theory were in the Zion and PLantix if the spelling is right and latterly the Van de Wear and the Jan Arden, good eyes (according to the theory) run in families.

HOWEVER, if you just use a little common sense and look at all the pigeons photos showing the eyes of pigeons  which have put up amazing performances you see the vast majority would have been put in the bin by the eye sign fanatics.

The main thing about eyes in pigeons, IT HELPS TO HAVE TWO.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 9:50 am

I must admit I never considered the eyesign theory but kept an open mind and have even bought an eyeglass recently. Probably just to help me come to my own decision if there's anything in it or not. I even paired one pair here purely on eyesign something I would have never done in the past, be interesting to see what happens with YB.

What I have noticed though is at auction, some fanciers who reckon it's all rubbish, the first thing they look at when handling birds for sale, is the eye, often wonder why? Keeping their cards close to their chest in many cases.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 9:59 am

What is going  on here ?'

Says barnie has made a post, no post ?????.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 10:05 am

Think someone here barnie is playing silly beggars, would not nor or even think of stopping your posts, have no idea whats going on but it should stop.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 10:10 am

Can someone please explain how it says I have stopped barnies posts on this subject.

Getting very annoying.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 10:23 am

have studied eyesign wasted too much time on it tbh ...cluster,correlation,moutains and valleys etc...even have some eyesign goggles ,just another theory whats in the heart and head matters most ,i do like to see a nice throat though with the curtains nicely drawn and a nice straight line up the middle cheers each to his own atb
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 10:44 am

barnie I do apologise for who or what is interfering with your posts, I have not a clue but  if it of nuisance value  to someone they should be ashamed of themselves.

Has someone please got an answer.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 10:54 am

MISTY wrote:
barnie I do apologise for who or what is interfering with your posts, I have not a clue but  if it of nuisance value  to someone they should be ashamed of themselves.

Has someone please got an answer.

Regards.

only thing i can think of is you have pressed on barnie as a foe ,go into barnies profile and click on foe and remove the block or click on freinds just above foe ,nobody can tamper with your account ,maybe the server but no member can
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 11:18 am

If you look on my prophile oldstrain it does not mention foes.

Gone on barnies and hope I pressed right thing.

Never done anything on my prophile since first put on.

Thanks hope it works.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 11:30 am

Thank goodness for that, I agree barnie never seen a fancier not look at the pigeons eye when inspecting a pigeon, what I do actualy believe, the eye can indicate good health.

There are more theories in our sport than would warrant a dozen books, the one real thing  (not a theory ) is MR BASKET.

Sorry for whatever intefered, certainly was not me.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 1:54 pm

Well true. the eye will tell you much. Alert, fitness etc. But I don't believe what distance it excels, or how good it is, in regards being capable to beat other good pigeons.

The rule of the Knuckle; regards the distance is - to me a far better 'Yardstick'. personally.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 6:10 pm

Its like the old fanciers used to say the baskets will sort them out . If it has a good eye or whatever the baskets will sort it out , but again in the wrong hands they won't win or breed anything
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 6:57 pm

True mate. then some win in spite of us ... well me lol
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 11:41 pm

barnie wrote:
I must admit I never considered the eyesign theory but kept an open mind and have even bought an eyeglass recently. Probably just to help me come to my own decision if there's anything in it or not. I even paired one pair here purely on eyesign something I would have never done in the past, be interesting to see what happens with YB.

What I have noticed though is at auction, some fanciers who reckon it's all rubbish, the first thing they look at when handling birds for sale, is the eye, often wonder why? Keeping their cards close to their chest in many cases.
Just human nature at work I suggest/suspect maybe Barnie Smile Smile. For myself here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes always like to see two eyes etc bounce bounce & I'm rather pleased  lol!  lol!  lol! some what, if they can see out of both of them to help find there way home on race day Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2021 12:43 pm

the BBC\ did a programme back in the 80's. Masserella / Louella lofts. Two things struck me and I've never forgot.
Masserella saying 'Buy my birds, won't guarantee winners! But one will stand far better chances'!
Then there was birds tested on how they got home.
remarkably they put contact lences in their eyes etc.
Stronger till they could at best see no more than a yard or so.
yet they flew from any direction and just as quick!
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2021 2:40 pm

Seen something similar to that but thats using sight not eyesign theory.. that I think was gruel
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2021 6:57 pm

Think it could have been Peel Bros too.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2021 8:19 pm

Daz wrote:
lol! lol! lol! now, now Daz Smile Smile I'm the only one here bounce bounce that's aloud Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes to put sh*te on our beloved Ray as such Smile Smile & get away with it in the end Very Happy Very Happy. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 1:18 pm

Daz wrote:

Maybe the post should have said 'I think that could have been the program, Peel Brothers' lol
Hat to give credit when they get more than enough any way lol Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eye sign and stuff.   Eye sign and stuff. Empty

Back to top Go down

Eye sign and stuff.
Page 1 of 1