Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
how much birds you lost in the last three races Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:53 pm

» Weather today
how much birds you lost in the last three races Emptyby barnie Today at 7:14 pm

» escaped birds return
how much birds you lost in the last three races Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:37 pm

» Good Morning
how much birds you lost in the last three races Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» good luck weekend
how much birds you lost in the last three races Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
how much birds you lost in the last three races Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
how much birds you lost in the last three races Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
how much birds you lost in the last three races Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
how much birds you lost in the last three races Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) how much birds you lost in the last three races 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 110 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 109 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.how much birds you lost in the last three races Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
how much birds you lost in the last three races Vote_lcaphow much birds you lost in the last three races Voting_barhow much birds you lost in the last three races Vote_rcap 
David
how much birds you lost in the last three races Vote_lcaphow much birds you lost in the last three races Voting_barhow much birds you lost in the last three races Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222597 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
how much birds you lost in the last three races Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
how much birds you lost in the last three races Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

how much birds you lost in the last three races

Go down 
+7
Don Webb
kev d
David
Lightning
Rudderfett
IANYOUNG
stormqueen
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

how much birds you lost in the last three races Empty
PostSubject: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:16 am

well just about wiped out with the last three races all been bad races here been far to much losses in our club in the last three races my self i have lost 22 birds cant believe how much losses theres been this year
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:17 am

down by 4 started with 24 got twenty left
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:16 pm

thought so.
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 2:59 pm

W/E 5/6/10, lost 1 from National Messac 1 from Combine Messac

W/E 12/6/10, lost 1 from Yelverton (dead in Plymouth)

thing is with this year we have had a hell of a lot of funny races esspecially the channel races, with poor returns across the uk (some area's a lot worse than others), add this to the constant N/E winds we have had for last months and the birds are not recovering enough between races

we have had 1200ypm races for last 6 weeks now and it takes it out of the birds, lucky enough we feed heavy so the birds ok, but even so if they make a mistake on the day you rarely see them again
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:54 pm

rudderfett wrote:
thought so.
what does this mean iam confused .com scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 8:53 pm

havnt raced obs this season, but am loosing a yb a day over the last week for some reason.....?
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:26 pm

evening all , i started with 16 down to six thats over 6 races
no more than 75 miles racing down the SW route hawk infested
if there not here on the day i don,t see them again realy bad this season
for some reason .
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 4:32 pm

I think this years racing has been good with North Winds as this has sorted the wheat from the shaft, it is better to have a few hard races than all blow homes and at the end of the season you are left with a loft full of pigeons which have not been tested, and the first hard race and they are gone

Just think all the south winds we on the south road have had compared to the north roaders now they are having a few easy races about time
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:59 pm

ive 28 ybs and i know it might sound stupid but i will need to loose half of them by the end of the racing season, or ill be too over crowded...........
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 6:28 pm

David the only thing i would say as it is your first year back push them hard to test them out mate
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 6:55 pm

yes i agree don, will need to or im going to finish up with a loft full of birds which are no good...........or at least birds of unknown ability, altho either way ill be needing a big clear out of birds as the 10 breeding pairs i have will be too many to keep just for breeding from as they wiull never race.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 11:25 pm

It's all about selection mate
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 9:14 am

although fully agree with whats been written, you have also got to give yourself a chance. Firstly split your team in two never sending all eggs in one basket so to speak (hard lesson i learnt when trying to build a team down here)

Also not all birds perform as youngsters, after last year i gave the youngsters 4 youngbird races then stopped all cocks and majority of hens for race team of 2010, got to be careful with burnout with youngsters a lot depends on the type of racing you have, what you are feeding etc etc etc

Our youngsters which we stopped have performed very well this year, basically gained some good experience as babies and then developed well. They are now here to race as yearlings, 2yr old, 3yr old etc - your youngsters are your future Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 10:28 am

lost 25 round loft and training 12 darkness left, all back training for 1st time yesterday, it was 1st chuck from southwell 30 mile, 23 natural aswell just starting to fly theyre to be trained well for next year
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 8:14 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
although fully agree with whats been written, you have also got to give yourself a chance. Firstly split your team in two never sending all eggs in one basket so to speak (hard lesson i learnt when trying to build a team down here)

Also not all birds perform as youngsters, after last year i gave the youngsters 4 youngbird races then stopped all cocks and majority of hens for race team of 2010, got to be careful with burnout with youngsters a lot depends on the type of racing you have, what you are feeding etc etc etc

Our youngsters which we stopped have performed very well this year, basically gained some good experience as babies and then developed well. They are now here to race as yearlings, 2yr old, 3yr old etc - your youngsters are your future Very Happy Very Happy
totally agree mark pushing your youngbirds hard is not the answer why burn them out after all youngbird racing is about giving them exsperience for the following year ,schooling them , after all they are you future race team
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 9:59 pm

Mark your 100% right but as long as you school them right then everything will be o.k

But will say as long as you take care and feed plenty and not put them on rations they should be o.k
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 9:30 pm

still not happy with my yb feeding, need to get it right for training and racing because if i dont i cant expect them to perform well........

can members tell me what they are feeding there ybs on, how many times a day do they feed and how much per bird.....?

thanks.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:53 pm

David the only way i feed my youngbirds was by the truff by the cup

Once the truff was placed on the floor i would watch the birds feed the first two that go to the drinker then i remove the truff as the rest of the birds are over feeding
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:28 pm

I agree Don, for me it will only be once a day,after training. If the 4 to 5 bird go to drinker, i took away. The truff must be long enough, that everybody get an equal opertunity to feed. Some days they are more hungry than other days, that is where the drinker show you when to stop. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:20 pm

yes niel, i agree.....some days they are more hungry and the mistake i think i make is to feed the same amount regardless, ive found the weather plays a part in how much they eat too......... Question
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:29 pm

yes it does david ,especially in this weather they eat alot less
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: WELCOME TO THE SITE   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:35 pm

welcome arthur
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:27 pm

Will agree with you both Ray and David the weather can play a major part
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:16 pm

been cutting the food down drasticaly over the last few days, birds seem to be responding now re trapping ets but taking a while to get them right........dont think coming off the dark has helped them, maybe confused them.....???
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:18 pm

youll get there in the end mte just persiver with it paceants is a vurtue as they say lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how much birds you lost in the last three races   how much birds you lost in the last three races Empty

Back to top Go down

how much birds you lost in the last three races
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next