Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
back home now  - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
back home now  - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
back home now  - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
back home now  - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
back home now  - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
back home now  - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
back home now  - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
back home now  - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
back home now  - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) back home now  - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.back home now  - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
back home now  - Page 2 Vote_lcapback home now  - Page 2 Voting_barback home now  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
back home now  - Page 2 Vote_lcapback home now  - Page 2 Voting_barback home now  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
back home now  - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
back home now  - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

back home now

Go down 
+2
barnie
oldstrain
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

back home now  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: back home now    back home now  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 11:23 pm

oldstrain wrote:
if it were possible you certainly would not have to go to the little dumpy fella oz Wink the pleasure would be all mine as i have a good memory Smile and what goes round comes round cheers
Now you tell Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes if I had known all that etc O/S lol! lol! lol! I would have asked for the parents also Wink Wink Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

back home now  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: back home now    back home now  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 12:26 am

Mike wrote:
Knackered wrote:
MISTY wrote:
Hi Mike.

Maybe you could reduce the numbers and go on open loft.

Once the pigeons get used to raptors in the area they learn how to avoid them,
nature.

On open loft you do not need to train and the pigeons get more excersise than taking them a few miles down the road every day.

Also the fewer you keep the more you know them as individuals which helps in 
motivation which wins races.

On another subject mike, how are things regarding this diabolical virus problem?  
trust you and yours are OK.

Regards.
Smile Smile Mike being somewhat new to the caper etc Wink Wink I suspect somehow maybe he has a wee bit to learn still, about our Rome scenario in general Misty, in a pigeon type sense. We all in different ways Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes well most of us Wink Wink have budget problems issues on average at times with our birds & I found here over many years, a bit of lateral thinking at times along the Rome lines, normally finds a solution somehow more times than not to a issue when putting the thinking cap on. Now Smile Smile we all know petrol Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad in certain ways now unfortunately plays a large part with our pigeons for those that tend to drive. One way here I cut down the miles on the budget side, was always go against where ever the blows at its hardest, north south east or west bounce bounce never worried me the least, fortunately & a 80 odd mile toss Wink Wink simply becomes a 40 mile toss Smile Smile & you save on petrol time & energy type of thing, more times than not Smile Smile & your birds become somehow smarter in the process Wink Wink. Now, didn't mention my thoughts  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes here on club/unit tossing  bounce  bounce as just a total waste of space/time  Wink  Wink I suspect, knowing Mike  Smile  Smile  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad is like a shag on a rock  Smile  Smile in the middle of no where there, when seeing how he is placed so far off line in miles apparently to his fella club mates. cheers
That is a great idea use the wind to strengthen the pigeons and also young pigeons need to learn to fight the wind which they (in my experience) don't do very well. Very helpful advice and worth not sharing with my competitors!
lol! lol! lol! your learning it appears Mike Very Happy Very Happy tell them nothing Wink Wink when down the club as such Very Happy Very Happy but always make sure your ears are well cleaned out I say, for what they may just hear on the grapevine there  Smile  Smile at times. Now, 3 things Smile Smile I always found it best Wink Wink in a pigeon type sense, to switch off at seasons end before making what could maybe turn out to be a rather rash decision/moment in time. Always enjoyed still doing the basic's, but decision time is after Xmas for me when my mindset factor is more in focus with what may or may not occur or need to occur for the following year type scenario in a racing sense. Now Smile Smile 2nd one Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes reading up on your general racing rules there for when flying young birds. Cocks & hens in the one basket Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes apparently. Don't quite know what type cocks your lot breed there Smile Smile but would never happen in my neck of the woods bounce bounce as certain young cocks here would have blood on their hands I'm affraid with ripping certain hens to pieces for the sheer enjoyment factor. 3rd one Smile Smile have a rest, like I said bounce bounce maybe & then perhaps, look at those 24 odd young birds there you have left this year. & then picture them somehow as future old birds types, simply flying to an open loft, babies/eggs/perch or even widowhood style & maybe you will see, little tossing will be required there now for the best of them with the experience they have all gained this year with their racing type moments Very Happy Very Happy & if they still enjoy flying around your loft there for the sheer enjoyment factor coming into your next old bird season. cheers
Back to top Go down

back home now
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2