Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
RPRA Hptspot 4 Emptyby David Today at 9:16 pm

» Good Morning
RPRA Hptspot 4 Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
RPRA Hptspot 4 Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
RPRA Hptspot 4 Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
RPRA Hptspot 4 Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
RPRA Hptspot 4 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
RPRA Hptspot 4 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
RPRA Hptspot 4 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
RPRA Hptspot 4 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) RPRA Hptspot 4 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.RPRA Hptspot 4 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
RPRA Hptspot 4 Vote_lcapRPRA Hptspot 4 Voting_barRPRA Hptspot 4 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222884 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
RPRA Hptspot 4 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
RPRA Hptspot 4 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

RPRA Hptspot 4

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 1:41 pm

Jeremy Davies
4 h ·
Good morning
We will be marking late afternoon today to race tomorrow for our semi final race from East Prawle a distance of 138 miles it’s forecast to be a good day weather wise and a north wind so it’s looking like a 3 hour plus race tomorrow.
The winner of the race tomorrow will win a cool £3000 for 1st 🥇
We have had a number of pigeons work in the last few days around a dozen or so and a few reported that won’t be marked for this race but a full marked list of marked birds will be on Benzing live around 8pm and a list of birds on the news page that are not going later.
Duncan and James will be taking the pigeons and myself will be on the whistle at the home end.
I will update again after marking.
Jeremy..
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 9:53 am

EAST PRAWLE MARKED LIST
September 14th, 2022
Good Evening
Please find the marked list on Benzing Live
We had another 6 birds turn in today 3 while we were marking tonight and 20 plus the last 5 days then 6 with a courier and the birds injured etc from previous races they are being isolated and then will join the main loft next week and will be trained.
N39716 , B15823 , D41206 , V04301 , A71624 ,A50361 , N56005 ,SU 2826 , NEHU EC3364 , V20168 , N31276 , V49281 , V02182 , C39971 , Z16523 , N65020 , D76633 , V97132 , B11842 , V13758 , V52705 , V16489 , D12701 , B22555 , N32392 , WHU D32053 , D59799 , N44091 , B15821 , Z12108 , Z29484 , N15074 , S44873 , Z02278 , WHU D06441 , X22101 , V41689 , NEHU TD1168 , S10743 , WHU D28316 , V13163 , X09046 , V07741 , C74704 , NEHU EC3363 , Z09384 , V93724 , B33151 , N25620.
Duncan and James will be leaving shortly and hopefully they will be onsite before midnight.
We are hoping to liberate between 8 and 9 am tomorrow morning.
We wish everyone the best of luck.
Will update in the morning.
Jeremy..
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 2:50 pm

David wrote:
EAST PRAWLE MARKED LIST
September 14th, 2022
Good Evening
Please find the marked list on Benzing Live
We had another 6 birds turn in today 3 while we were marking tonight and 20 plus the last 5 days then 6 with a courier and the birds injured etc from previous races they are being isolated and then will join the main loft next week and will be trained.
N39716 , B15823 , D41206 , V04301 , A71624 ,A50361 , N56005 ,SU 2826 , NEHU EC3364 , V20168 , N31276 , V49281 , V02182 , C39971 , Z16523 , N65020 , D76633 , V97132 , B11842 , V13758 , V52705 , V16489 , D12701 , B22555 , N32392 , WHU D32053 , D59799 , N44091 , B15821 , Z12108 , Z29484 , N15074 , S44873 , Z02278 , WHU D06441 , X22101 , V41689 , NEHU TD1168 , S10743 , WHU D28316 , V13163 , X09046 , V07741 , C74704 , NEHU EC3363 , Z09384 , V93724 , B33151 , N25620.
Duncan and James will be leaving shortly and hopefully they will be onsite before midnight.
We are hoping to liberate between 8 and 9 am tomorrow morning.
We wish everyone the best of luck.
Will update in the morning.
Jeremy..
Extraordinary number of birds there etc David Smile Smile I suggest, held back now apparently for different type reasons for the last race. Throw them all into another head wind type scenario for the final Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & I have a fair idea here where most of them sadly will be sleeping somehow come nightfall etc Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 9:36 pm

reading in BHW the north west olr had 176 entries after 4 races only 7 in the auction
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 10:24 pm

hows that work out then george ...? scratch
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 3:06 am

169 were lost ? see for next year £150 a bird
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 3:09 am

[quote="George & Morgan"]169  were lost ?  see for next  year £150 a bird[/quote

]i also don't think they loft fly only train twice a day a test loft i was in done the same and was successful
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 10:14 am

ive never seen these one lofts, or the rpra in particular birds actually exercising around the loft, some do flutter round, but most just lay about on the grass or the roof of the loft .....they then take them a mile or so down the road and loose them, no wonder.

ive seen this before with my own birds, once they go onto darkness they do not want to fly, instead they lay about chasing the hens or pecking around on the grass, i reckon apart from the darkness being made out as something its not, the majority of one lofts take in far too many entries to manage properly .
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 2:14 am

David wrote:
ive never seen these one lofts, or the rpra in particular birds actually exercising around the loft, some do flutter round, but most just lay about on the grass or the roof of the loft .....they then take them a mile or so down the road and loose them, no wonder.

ive seen this before with my own birds, once they go onto darkness they do not want to fly, instead they lay about chasing the hens or pecking around on the grass, i reckon apart from the darkness being made out as something its not, the majority of one lofts take in far too many entries to manage properly .
Thats basically the major issue/problem there etc David Smile Smile from my perspective here unfortunately Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes no way do the birds there on average I'm affraid  have a fitness level of any consequence or value to achieve anything as such come race day. 25 nothing type tosses Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad & a recent near disaster at 130 odd miles, with more to come in the near future I suspect sadly in the final race there if Jeremy maybe just decides somehow to put them all up again into a head wind type breeze  Wink  Wink Now  Very Happy  Very Happy we have a saying down here  bounce  bounce that fit/keen pigeons can simply fly through a brick wall with ease if found in the way  Smile  Smile come training day or the like. Paper bag scenario thou  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad if being kind, would be a bit struggle I'm  affraid  by what I've experienced for most of the birds I've seen over the years here with our race in question, simply because of their general overall training regime used each year there & the general thinking process of what's maybe best for the birds under one's care there to achieve an acceptable final result for all those perhaps involved by the end. End of the day here  Smile  Smile I don't really blame Jeremy as such  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes as he in certain ways sadly  bounce  bounce is simply a casualty factor in my view  bounce  bounce by what was unleashed on our sport years ago  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad when the first million dollar type race was first staged in South Africa  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes back when & the general carnage factor it has now left in its tracks so to speak to this present day in a pigeon sense  Wink  Wink.cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 4:12 am

not sure if ii read or was told that only a few range
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 1:29 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
not sure if ii read or  was told that only a few range

With the best managrment in the word with so many pigeons involved you will have a considerable number for one reason or another not wanting to fly around the loft if only let out for a couple of hours they will just sit around and the majority follow suit.

On top of which put them in a basket and take them a few yards down the road and let them go is not a good idea,

I feel health is the mjor drawback with so many pigeons involved.

Many fanciers cannot keep half a dozen pigeons healthy.

Still, you know what is involved and you have a choice.

Think it would be better to limit the number to around 250 and allow only one entry, make the prize money a less draw than the fun of the fair.

Money ruins everything it touches and I think if we knew all that went off in some of the events we would not sleep at night.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 1:51 pm

with the high costs of corn there may be a substantial increase in entry fee per bird this year i would think £150
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 3:59 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
with the high costs of corn there may be a substantial increase  in entry fee per bird  this year i would think £150

No need to increase entry fee just reduce the prize money.

When thinking about these events I always bring to mind reading about one fancier who only enters OL races.

He sends 10 to the best races when their is no limit and is as happy as Lary if he has 3 in the final.

I would be annoyed if I lost three.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 7:34 pm

Knackered wrote:
David wrote:

Thats basically the major issue/problem there etc David Smile Smile from my perspective here unfortunately Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes no way do the birds there on average I'm affraid  have a fitness level of any consequence or value to achieve anything as such come race day. 25 nothing type tosses Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad & a recent near disaster at 130 odd miles, with more to come in the near future I suspect sadly in the final race there if Jeremy maybe just decides somehow to put them all up again into a head wind type breeze  Wink  Wink Now  Very Happy  Very Happy we have a saying down here  bounce  bounce that fit/keen pigeons can simply fly through a brick wall with ease if found in the way  Smile  Smile come training day or the like. Paper bag scenario thou  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad if being kind, would be a bit struggle I'm  affraid  by what I've experienced for most of the birds I've seen over the years here with our race in question, simply because of their general overall training regime used each year there & the general thinking process of what's maybe best for the birds under one's care there to achieve an acceptable final result for all those perhaps involved by the end. End of the day here  Smile  Smile I don't really blame Jeremy as such  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes as he in certain ways sadly  bounce  bounce is simply a casualty factor in my view  bounce  bounce by what was unleashed on our sport years ago  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad when the first million dollar type race was first staged in South Africa  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes back when & the general carnage factor it has now left in its tracks so to speak to this present day in a pigeon sense  Wink  Wink.cheers

one of the most sensible posts on this subject that i have come to read yet,its generally the nature of a one loft to be a disaster with so many birds from different sources at the outset under different management from what they are used to,many treat bird on a preventative basis and poor immunity in that loft insues but they dont care they just carry on treating the birds pale
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2022 12:25 pm

oldstrain wrote:
Knackered wrote:
David wrote:

one of the most sensible posts on this subject that i have come to read yet,its generally the nature of a one loft to be a disaster with so many birds from different sources at the outset under different management from what they are used to,many treat bird on a preventative basis and poor immunity in that loft insues but they dont care they just carry on treating the birds pale
That's maybe a bit of a worry etc O/S Very Happy Very Happy not renowned for talking sense here I'm affraid  Wink  Wink  End of the day thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes would anybody actually know what preventive health type treatments the birds there would receive on a weekly/monthly type basis & if a Vet perhaps somehow would be advising a health type plan/arrangement. cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2022 12:40 pm

i think olr birds that are successful breed good olr birds and the problem is fanciers send there best birds which are not the type for this racing as i said before i know a fancier who does well in olr last year he sent only 2 both won best 2 bird average
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2022 12:46 pm

sprint breed sprint distance birds breed distance what he did tell me was he brought in sprint birds to cross with his distance birds
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2022 12:52 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
i think olr birds that are successful breed good olr birds  and the problem is fanciers  send there best birds which are not the type for this racing as i said before i know a fancier who does well in olr last year he sent only 2 both won best 2 bird average  
Some truth it that George I suspect Smile Smile Champion A & Champion  B bounce bounce city types, flying in the bigger Feds in their general area. Mr Nobody Very Happy Very Happy country type flyer here, flying up to 500 odd miles at times with small numbers each week & small membership of 8/10 on a good day. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 10:09 pm

i think its a certain type of bird that does well in one loft racing, certain breeds do not do well .........
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 10:15 pm

The first birds arrived back at 12.22pm and the provisional top 10 is below. Click on the image to see the arrivals so far.

RPRA Hptspot 4 Yb22hs12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hptspot 4   RPRA Hptspot 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

RPRA Hptspot 4
Page 1 of 1