Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
Loft Ventilation  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:59 pm

» Weather today
Loft Ventilation  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
Loft Ventilation  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
Loft Ventilation  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Loft Ventilation  Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Loft Ventilation  Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Loft Ventilation  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Loft Ventilation  Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Loft Ventilation  Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Loft Ventilation  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 148 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 148 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Loft Ventilation  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Loft Ventilation  Vote_lcapLoft Ventilation  Voting_barLoft Ventilation  Vote_rcap 
David
Loft Ventilation  Vote_lcapLoft Ventilation  Voting_barLoft Ventilation  Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222742 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Loft Ventilation  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Loft Ventilation  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Loft Ventilation

Go down 
+2
George & Morgan
David
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 1:02 pm

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 1:21 pm

just watched it David  a big part for me i have 2 lofts only one section in each think if you have 2-4 sections  then you do need to open it up i have wire doors first thing each morning no matter the weather they are on also have flight in each so wind and fresh air are moving through the loft at all times
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 1:45 pm

yes george, i had secondary wire doors on my old loft, i had them open from early morning until dusk, whatever the weather .......on this "new" loft i have an apex tiled roof with sliding ventilation in the ceilings, but still need to add ventilation along the bottom of the front .
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 3:01 pm

are you able to add wire doors
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 3:27 pm

ive only got one door on the end of the loft george, and theres a corrodor along the front .........the door slides so a secondary wire door wouldnt really be possible
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 3:41 pm

pity that David what about wire windows each year i would cover up with plastic  so far no rain has got in

Loft Ventilation  P1060323
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 3:50 pm

this looks better made from off cuts of thin ply wood which may last the winter will do it better if it works

Loft Ventilation  P1060324
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 7:12 pm

ive got 1/2 inch square wire windows at the moment george, i put them in temporary with the intention of put dowelling on, but with the prices at the moment i havnt bothered ........ive since bought 33 new and unused roof tiles that match my loft roof, which im going to use to build an aviary / box along the front of the loft, which will give them more room and be able to come out into the sun etc
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 8:20 pm

that sounds good
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 7:11 pm

David wrote:
ive got 1/2 inch square wire windows at the moment george, i put them in temporary with the intention of put dowelling on, but with the prices at the moment i havnt bothered ........ive since bought 33 new and unused roof tiles that match my loft roof, which im going to use to build an aviary / box along the front of the loft, which will give them more room and be able to come out into the sun etc

Get some dowelling bought you tight so and so.... Laughing

What happened to all the money £££££ you got from selling those 350 youngins this year ?? Laughing Laughing clown
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 7:18 pm

years ago it was always dowelling used
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 7:48 pm

my wife has found some dowelling lengths on the internet colin, she keeps asking me to order it but keep getting waylaid .......when i build the box along the front hopefully i will use dowel and put some traps into it.

ideally i would like to build upward for another floor, but i cant justify buying the wood at the moment, so for now it will be just an aviary on the front . Razz Razz cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 11:29 pm

barnie wrote:
David wrote:

Get some dowelling bought you tight so and so.... Laughing

What happened to all the money £££££  you got from selling those 350 youngins this year ??  Laughing Laughing clown
lol! lol! lol! Smile Smile Rumour file has it Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes David donates it all to the Truss/Tory party apparently Colin Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 11:35 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 11:38 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
just watched it David  a big part for me i have 2 lofts only one section in each think if you have 2-4 sections  then you do need to open it up i have wire doors first thing each morning no  matter the weather they are on also have flight in each so wind and fresh air are moving through the loft at all times
Same, same here Smile Smile all spin & bling from my experience/perspective. Sounds good Wink Wink looks good Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes but seen many top performances in a racing sense from lofts that by the so called expert's view bounce bounce simply don't cut the mustard etc by their general standards. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 10:01 am

the main factor is how many birds you have ,the fewer the better ...i have seen lofts wide open with many birds and other lofts closed in with just a handful of birds
and both did the job ,i always liked a box flight running the length of the loft with no corridor ,if i did have a corridor i would put sectional doors in it so the birds could get to the box flight but not the other sections
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 10:10 am

i understand the flights Darren and do have them but i could not do without the wire doors on during the day
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 10:12 am

yes i always had inner mesh doors to george but would have them closed in damp weather,on my box flights i have polycarbonate sheet which is removable and a smaller panel at the bottom of the box flight which was also removable,the whole lot would be removed on dry days but in bad weather the smaller panel at the bottom was removed,the loft was dry and no respiratory problems ever

Last edited by oldstrain on Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 10:14 am

i found Darren there was a bit of a smell if doors closed all day
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 10:19 am

yes george especially with deep litter ,i stopped using it and found cleaning out every other day better for me personally
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 10:36 am

i only have 10 birds in each loft not sure if it would still smell if doors left closed
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 1:14 pm

Always had the inside of the loft the same as outside, temperature wise, the most essential requirement is dryness, never had any smell because the droppings were dry, some deep litter does not dry the droppings but causes a smell, dry droppings do not smell, sand and lime deep litter dries the droppings straight away.

My deep litter was unchanged for many years and only had to be changed when got
wet due to a leak and beyond recovery, was replaced with the same type of litter.

Actual experience over many years beats any theory.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 4:07 pm

my loft seems a lot better with the ventilation since i cut down some big hedges behind the loft, they used to be maintained at around 6ft high but since i built the loft 1 metre away from them i didnt bother to cut them resulting in 10ft high hedges which were restricting the air flow into the loft.........now they are back to 6ft i can actually feel the air is flowing through cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 4:10 pm

that's good David
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 4:21 pm

i think it still needs low down vents along the bottom of the front , it might help circulate the air flow .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Loft Ventilation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Ventilation    Loft Ventilation  Empty

Back to top Go down

Loft Ventilation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next