Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» Good Morning
RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 Emptyby David Yesterday at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 Resise10
Top posting users this week
No user
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222884 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 Vote_lcapRPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 Voting_barRPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 Vote_lcapRPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 Voting_barRPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

RPRA Oneloft entries

Go down 
+2
George & Morgan
David
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 11:58 am

looks like premier olr has put a list up i could be wrong was to be 600 birds think it may be 261 now not sure what they started with
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 12:02 pm

i think pigeon fanciers have give it a miss george, what with the cost of living and the one lofts taking people for mugs, they have decided not to bother .
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 12:05 pm

i wonder how many got home from he other olr hot spot it was 90 they started with 800
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 12:13 pm

rpra olr birds were basketed yesterday and taken one mile and released Laughing Laughing Laughing the weather held up so there was no holdover
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 3:00 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
rpra olr birds were basketed yesterday and taken one mile and released Laughing Laughing Laughing the weather held up so there was no holdover

A real test, the poor little blighters can see more than a mile and will think what the ???? is going on.

Does more harm than good.

They never seem to learn from one year to another these managers.

.Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 3:31 pm

i was in it o15:30:10ne year he took them 3 mls and lost 300 also only 2 birds on the day from the final that year
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 3:37 pm

the other olr says the older birds went ranging took the younger birds with them some have been lost
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 3:47 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
i was in it o15:30:10ne year he took them 3 mls and lost 300 also only 2 birds on the day from the final that year

Should be on open loft George all day.

Manager should be there all the time.

They would be on the move most of the time not sat on perches stagnating.

First training should be no less than 30 miles.

Afraid pigeons more intelligent than managers but managers fail to realis the fact.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 10:56 pm

I know nothing about racing really but sending young birds 1 mile down the road which should have been ranging is a joke
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2023 9:52 am

David wrote:
I know nothing about racing really but sending young birds 1 mile down the road which should have been ranging is a joke

You do not need to know anything about racing David to know from nature that a pigeon does not need to be shown the way home in stages it needs only to be physically and healthy enough to return from any distance asked of it, and if it is not it will get lost.

Fanciers train to get their pigeons fit it does nothing more and if they are on open loft they need no training at all.

Fact not fiction or theory.

Last year I raced had 16yearlings never seen a basket, did not race year before.

8 Straight into 60 mile race, all back not up with winners in the club I flew with but up with local club.

The other 8 straight into second race, same result.

Found it too hard to travel and could not do my fair share of work in the club, although one young fancier said sit down we will see to the pigeons.

So I stopped racing until the water races started and decided to send four to test them, 350 miles.

Clocked two, still rubbers in STB unopened, another returned later in the day.

Never raced again.

So all a pigeon has to be is healthy capable and have the desire to get back.

Lets be fair which pigeon would enjoy life in a OL.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2023 1:42 pm

olr birds have been jumped from one mile to 3 miles that will suit the distance birds
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2023 3:05 pm

these few I got been 4m, 10m and then this week 20m next one will be 35m and that will be as far as they go. Can't afford the petrol to be up and down motorway every day through YB season.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2023 3:51 pm

have you still got them all Colin
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2023 6:18 pm

olr i'm in start training next week from 6mls and will do a hand scan
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2023 9:09 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
have you still got them all Colin

yes touch wood george
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2023 8:57 pm

always gave mine a 5mile toss first time,then swiftly onto 10 miles then 24 miles they were my only 3 tossing points and i dont think it does any harm letting them have a taste prior to the races but some train daily me 8 tosses before yb season started then i would stop
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 24, 2023 5:10 pm

I've never had much luck with 1 mile trainers, they tend to go off ranging from where they are liberated and some get lost/attacked or come home the day after....
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 24, 2023 5:45 pm

thing is David to basket 1170 birds for one ml toss is silly
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 25, 2023 9:09 am

George & Morgan wrote:
thing is David to basket 1170 birds for one ml toss is silly

Agree entirely George, stupid does not begin to explain it.

The pigeons will not have had the time to settle down in the baskets before being tossed up and then will be able to see their loft so how any can get lost ?.

Cannot see one thing it does to help the pigeons.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 25, 2023 9:56 am

remember on a visit to the lofts of the late Ken Hine a good distance flier and he said i take my ybs 40 mls first toss i don't worry how long they take to get home but would never keep a bird he had to collect
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2023 3:56 pm

Premier olr has 240 birds home from 8ml trainer but no were can you find how many went
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2023 7:50 pm

my olr basked the birds for first training toss nd got as far as next farm and the trailer had a puncture Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2023 9:49 pm

hot days with a blue sky for pigeon racing does not bode well for the falcon can see for miles and once them pigeons have been terrorised and flown well off course they de-hydrate and then its game over ,one lofts are mainly homers anyway by the time the final comes around due to all the silly tosses ,what they get out of a mile toss is beyond me as they will come out of the transporter and just mess about as they can see the loft Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2023 9:52 pm

mine should start to-morrow first toss 5 mls at least my 3 birds are on the list
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2023 10:01 pm

thats great news george and i hope you get some joy in the hotspots/final that would be great to hear...good luck to you george Wink pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft entries   RPRA Oneloft entries - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

RPRA Oneloft entries
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next