Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
RPRA  ......? Emptyby oldstrain Today at 2:00 pm

» Good Morning
RPRA  ......? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
RPRA  ......? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
RPRA  ......? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
RPRA  ......? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
RPRA  ......? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
RPRA  ......? Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
RPRA  ......? Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
RPRA  ......? Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) RPRA  ......? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 90 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 89 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.RPRA  ......? Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
RPRA  ......? Vote_lcapRPRA  ......? Voting_barRPRA  ......? Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222607 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
RPRA  ......? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
RPRA  ......? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

RPRA ......?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

RPRA  ......? Empty
PostSubject: RPRA ......?   RPRA  ......? EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 2:35 pm

can anyone tell me what we actually need the rpra for, what do we pay them to do that we couldnt do our selves ...?

they seem to cost a lot of money, and seem to do very little or do nothing that couldnt be done by fewer people .
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

RPRA  ......? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA ......?   RPRA  ......? EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 2:53 pm

do you mean we only have regions David
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

RPRA  ......? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA ......?   RPRA  ......? EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 5:57 pm

David wrote:
can anyone tell me what we actually need the rpra for, what do we pay them to do that we couldnt do our selves ...?

they seem to cost a lot of money, and seem to do very little or do nothing that couldnt be done by fewer people .

I gave the answer to this question in the 80s when grumbles were on about the cost of membership.

The cost to a fancier, RPRA Subs, to safeguard the ownership of his/her pigeons and provide a safeguard regarding competition with rules that can be enforced is a pittance, tis the way some of the money is spent that could be better employed.

Anything else would be farcical and open to abuse with no redress possible.

Tried for over 60 years to have better rules to improve the sport and if the majority had taken notice the Clique would have been replaced with forward looking fanciers not those only interest in holding on to power and staying in the stone age.

Not the RPRA that is wrong but those running it.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

RPRA  ......? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA ......?   RPRA  ......? EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 12:20 am

David wrote:

Smile Smile Do you really want, the truth Wink Wink the whole truth Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & nothing but the truth etc Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad on your RPRA scenario David Smile Smile from a person, who even before he joined this site bounce bounce thought they were a total basket case Organisation on the whole for those they were there to serve type of thing. End of the day Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as you say  Very Happy  Very Happy what do they actually do, that a well-organized dedicated average Fed/Combine don't do for their members on average I suggest come race day & also for maybe 1/4 of the cost I somehow suspect in the end Wink Wink End of the day  Smile  Smile if quite honest here, they may have certainly served a purpose there in the past as such, but it's now 2023 by my reckoning  bounce  bounce & not 1923 as one could perhaps say Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

RPRA  ......? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA ......?   RPRA  ......? EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 10:05 am

Beg to differ lads.

Think you are missing the point, the main one being the protection of the ownership of our feathered friends, then rules and regulations applicable to all. and penalties for breaking them etc;

The actual combines clubs etc; depend on a set of rules that have to be administered and are applicable to all and would need a set up similar to the RPRA.

Not to mention the supply and registration of rings and transfers and strays

The RPRA is,if administered in a proper manner, a good means of conducting the sport's activities and there is no reasonable alternative.

Every other sport has a similar organisation, not the RPRA that is wrong but the fact it has not moved with the times like all other sports have done.

Whose fault ?

The IM ALRIGHT JACKS.

With the present technology costs could be cut but you still need a person to deal with 100 fanciers as 1,000 in many cases.

Should not be moaning after the horse has bolted.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

RPRA  ......? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA ......?   RPRA  ......? EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 7:09 pm

MISTY wrote:
Beg to differ lads.

Think you are missing the point, the main one being the protection of the ownership of our feathered friends, then rules and regulations applicable to all. and penalties for breaking them etc;

The actual combines clubs etc; depend on a set of rules that have to be administered and are applicable to all and would need a set up similar to  the RPRA.

Not to mention the supply and registration of rings and transfers and strays

The RPRA is,if administered in a proper manner, a good means of conducting the sport's activities and there is no reasonable alternative.

Every other sport has a similar organisation, not the RPRA that is wrong but the fact it has not moved with the times like all other sports have done.

Whose fault ?

The IM ALRIGHT JACKS.

With the present technology costs could be cut but you still need a person to deal with 100 fanciers as 1,000 in many cases.

Should not be moaning after the horse has bolted.

Regards.

Maybe Smile Smile your perhaps somehow missing the point etc Misty Very Happy Very Happy What purpose as an example, does your RPRA there serve to the mighty UNC of our Mr Peel here or the like, like those racing in Scotland there in a pigeon type sense. Anyone Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Smile Smile with good intent & the welfare of their members pigeons as the main focus can do what your RPRA does from my perspective. Many pigeon operations survive in a healthy type way I suggest because of the dedication factor of a few there & have done so for many years & would have found no requirement what so ever for something like your RPRA to be God almighty when decisions are required to be made there somehow if/when acting in the best interests over all of their general members come race day. End of the day  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes it's a value for money thing I suggest if honest  bounce  bounce & even a half whit like me down here  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad knows there is a bad smell in the air when your RPRA somehow becomes involved in a general type discussion scenario. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

RPRA  ......? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA ......?   RPRA  ......? EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 10:04 pm

UNC founded 1905

Largest pigeon organisation in GB.

Governed by the NEHU.

Says.

We adhere strickly to the RPRA, DEFRA, and DVSA rules and guide lines this is a
MUST not only for our members but for our main customers the fabulous racing pigeons themselves.

Clear enough for me.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

RPRA  ......? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA ......?   RPRA  ......? EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 8:15 pm

MISTY wrote:
UNC founded 1905

Largest pigeon organisation in GB.

Governed by the NEHU.

Says.

We adhere strickly to the RPRA, DEFRA, and DVSA rules and guide lines this is a
MUST not only for our members but for our main customers the fabulous racing pigeons themselves.

Clear enough for me.

Regards.

Answers only half my query/question I suggest maybe Misty Very Happy Very Happy Wink Wink Scotland Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes are they not bounce bounce still part of England so to speak, even thou I believe their are those there apparently that I understand wish now not to be type thing. End of the day Very Happy Very Happy all matters little somehow I suggest Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as many start at the one general spot with good intent in a pigeon type sense & choose for many different reasons the best most logical road/way to Rome as such for themselves, even if perhaps different somehow. End of the day  Very Happy  Very Happy the most worrying part for me here  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes I'm  affraid was where your RPRA apparently first met for their first general meeting etc Misty back in 1895 or there abouts  bounce  bounce Leeds of all places  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes I believe/understand. What a spot somehow, maybe bounce  bounce I suggest Very Happy  Very Happy to first start the game off type of thing  lol!  lol!  lol!  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

RPRA  ......? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA ......?   RPRA  ......? EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 8:17 pm

yes knackered, the rpra was born in a leeds pub .........very similar to how hitlers nazi party were formed, in a pub ......
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

RPRA  ......? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA ......?   RPRA  ......? EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 10:12 pm

David wrote:
yes knackered, the rpra was born in a leeds pub .........very similar to how hitlers nazi party were formed, in a pub ......

One of the main clubs involved in the forming of both the RPRA and the Show of Year was the Askern Club, 7 miles from Doncaster.

No sporting activity of note has not a Ruling Body and strict rules that all have to adhere to, would be ridiculous to attempt to run a complicated sport like ours without strict rules and regulations.

Every sport of not has one.

In principle the RPRA is a sound one, it is how it is administered that is wrong.

Perhaps those who think otherwise can give a better alternative.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

RPRA  ......? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA ......?   RPRA  ......? EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 9:01 am

MISTY wrote:
David wrote:

One of the main clubs involved in the forming of both the RPRA and the Show of Year was the Askern Club, 7 miles from Doncaster.

No sporting activity of note has not a Ruling Body and strict rules that all have to adhere to, would be ridiculous to attempt to run a complicated sport like ours without strict rules and regulations.

Every sport of not has one.

In principle the RPRA is a sound one, it is how it is administered that is wrong.

Perhaps those who think otherwise can give a better alternative.

Regards.
I agree Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 100% etc Misty Very Happy Very Happy my point thou, is bounce bounce if a body of men/women, of sound mind at a federation/combine/national type level require a bunch of yes men types from Leeds as example, telling them what/when & maybe how they must do things in a pigeon sense. Raced pigeons down here for over 100 years & little you have done there I suspect, we haven't here done type of thing on our little island & basically it's because of men/women with good intent & the utter dedication factor always acting in the best interest over all of their members on average & the best interest of their pigeons for the most part when talking pigeons. Now Smile Smile not wishing to be too harsh here lol! lol! lol! But Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes really speaking, if some half whit do Gooder type here a 1000 miles as such tried to come down heavy with demands of what one must do with us pigeon men here bounce bounce he would go home rather battered & bruised beyond repair more times than not I suspect. Certain people for their own reasons one could say, prefer to be spoon fed or led by the nose like a bull in a bull ring I found. Down here fortunately we much prefer to do things for ourselves in our own way with what's best in a local pigeon sense & its been quite successful somehow, strangely enough Very Happy Very Happy & I suspect somehow bounce  bounce it's mainly because in the past here most of us were simply bred down from a bunch of rebel type convicts of ill repute fortunately for the most part, thanks to your lot there  Wink  Wink  Very Happy  Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

RPRA  ......? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA ......?   RPRA  ......? EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 10:08 am

Think you have missed the point Knackered along with the facts.

The meeting in Leeds was where the suggestion of a regulated ruling body for the sport was suggested, nothing more than that.

From then on ALL clubs etc were involved, in deciding the Rules and regulations.

Following which, as per all other such organisations, AGMs are held to enable members to offer improvement amendments.

Where the RPRA have failed, the membership have allowed a clique to keep a tight hold on the reigns and they have driven it down the sink.

The RPRA has not been a representative of the memberships wishes.

Since the very early 1970s when I found out the depth of depravity in the Council I have strived to get rid of the bad apples, but no one is worried unless they are personally inconvenienced, so the band wagon goes on and the sport is well on the way to being ruined.

Do not blame the RPRA tis the apathetic general IM ALRIGHT JACKS TO BLAME.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

RPRA  ......? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA ......?   RPRA  ......? EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 11:38 pm

MISTY wrote:
Think you have missed the point Knackered along with the facts.

The meeting in Leeds was where the suggestion of a regulated ruling body for the sport was suggested, nothing more than that.

From then on ALL clubs etc were involved, in deciding the Rules and regulations.

Following which, as per all other such organisations, AGMs are held to enable members to offer improvement amendments.

Where the RPRA have failed, the membership have allowed a clique to keep a tight hold on the reigns and they have driven it down the sink.

The RPRA has not been a representative of the memberships wishes.

Since the very early 1970s when I found out the depth of depravity in the Council I have strived to get rid of the bad apples, but no one is worried unless they are personally inconvenienced, so the band wagon goes on and the sport is well on the way to being ruined.

Do not blame the RPRA tis the apathetic general IM ALRIGHT JACKS TO BLAME.

Regards.      
Always loved  Wink  Wink & respected a tryer type Misty Very Happy Very Happy in a pigeon sense. Like, 50 years a failure etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes it appears bounce bounce with you apparently beating your head there against a brick wall for the simple enjoyment factor, with your RPRA. End of the day Very Happy Very Happy any views on cataract type operations, been told Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes a must have here yesterday bounce bounce & it scares the absolute sh*t out of me I'm affraid if honest. cheers alien flower afro.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

RPRA  ......? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA ......?   RPRA  ......? EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 9:58 am

Nothing to worry about Knackered, cataract operations one of the most routine ones.

Had one done in my left eye, although lost sight in that eye after a bodged laser treatment.

Also the nurse will hold your hand.

Nothing whatsoever to worry about.

After which you will be able to see the RPRA is a good organisation run by idiots.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

RPRA  ......? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA ......?   RPRA  ......? EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 3:06 am

MISTY wrote:
Nothing to worry about Knackered, cataract operations one of the most routine ones.

Had one done in my left eye, although lost sight in that eye after a bodged laser treatment.

Also the nurse will hold your hand.

Nothing whatsoever to worry about.

After which you will be able to see the RPRA is a good organisation run by idiots.

Regards.  
So Very Happy Very Happy What your basically saying is Misty Wink Wink is if I call for a volunteer here (because I'm a total coward) someone will maybe step forward to take my place etc. End of the day Smile Smile watching the local races here as I speak & the result of the 3rd race reminded me of typical pigeon flyers on race day for the most part. Winner, 65 to one 2nd place 40 to one & 3rd 20 to one in a field of ten Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

RPRA  ......? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA ......?   RPRA  ......? EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 9:39 am

No need to worry at all Knackered.

As for horse racing, one of my best mates was a bookie.

Saw him nearly every day, unfortunately, he died far younger than he should have done,still keep in touch with his family.

Point being, he had a nice car, I had a push bike scenario.

I only ever backed in 10p doubles and trebles just for fun.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

RPRA  ......? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA ......?   RPRA  ......? EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 9:41 am

maybe ban the lottery   put more food on the table
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content