Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Apple Cider Vinegar Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
Apple Cider Vinegar Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
Apple Cider Vinegar Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Apple Cider Vinegar Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Apple Cider Vinegar Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Apple Cider Vinegar Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Apple Cider Vinegar Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Apple Cider Vinegar Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Apple Cider Vinegar Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Apple Cider Vinegar 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 30 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Apple Cider Vinegar Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Apple Cider Vinegar Vote_lcapApple Cider Vinegar Voting_barApple Cider Vinegar Vote_rcap 
David
Apple Cider Vinegar Vote_lcapApple Cider Vinegar Voting_barApple Cider Vinegar Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Apple Cider Vinegar Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Apple Cider Vinegar Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Apple Cider Vinegar

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Apple Cider Vinegar Empty
PostSubject: Apple Cider Vinegar   Apple Cider Vinegar EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 9:33 am

bought some of this at our local super market, it was £1.39 and a lot cheaper than buying it from the corn shop ......maybe because it doesnt have a picture of a pigeon on it Razz

Apple Cider Vinegar Img_5314

Apple Cider Vinegar Img_5313
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Apple Cider Vinegar   Apple Cider Vinegar EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 9:44 am

i use to give birds this now give nothing but corn
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Apple Cider Vinegar   Apple Cider Vinegar EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 9:48 am

ive beern giving mine the ronfield avidress for the last 4 years or so, it started off around £10 for 1 litre and lasted ages, the last time i bought it the price had gone up to £15.99, so needless to say this is the last bottle i`ll be buying........its a bag of corn.

im thinking maybe the cider vinegar or just plain water daily and vitamins 2 - 3 times a week during breeding, the vitamins are still only 6-7 pound and last months .
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Apple Cider Vinegar   Apple Cider Vinegar EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 9:50 am

maybe that's what my birds are lacking i just give nothing but corn
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Apple Cider Vinegar   Apple Cider Vinegar EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 10:00 am

personally i dont think theres any need for all these fancy pigeon products george, but when breeding i do like to give them that vit"pre-pro" combi vitamins 3 times a week in the water........and 1-2 times per week when not breeding, i also give black and pink minerals daily, clay block and grit daily all year round.........with the price of avidress ill be stopping buying it, and just give fresh water daily or i might try the cider vinegar.

a local fancier was telling me he only ever gives plain fresh water, barley and wheat mixed with corn (i cant remember what corn it was) and grit .......and his birds are doing 1 1/2 hours around the house daily .
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Apple Cider Vinegar   Apple Cider Vinegar EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 10:08 am

i do give black minerals and grit and water cress maybe twice a week
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Apple Cider Vinegar   Apple Cider Vinegar EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 11:40 am

Time for fanciers to start giving their pigeons all the rubbish George is when you see woodies in long lines outside the chemists.

Rwgards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Apple Cider Vinegar   Apple Cider Vinegar EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 6:52 pm

Grit just a basic requirement as is minerals.

Both always available throughout the year.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Apple Cider Vinegar   Apple Cider Vinegar EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 10:27 am

the mother apple cider vinegar acts as a pre-biotic its good for them it contains good bacteria and will up the ph in the water to kill SOME pathogens if there like candida but is by no means as effective as avidress which is also better than ropa in my humble opinion Smile i have not cankered or wormed for over a year now since i ceased racing cheers why ? because birds are not mixing with any other sources so the picture is different Basketball i trust my own management but not other fanciers birds ...when racing you are always open to ailments especially ybs eh Rolling Eyes avidress is the best natural ingredient product i have ever used.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Apple Cider Vinegar   Apple Cider Vinegar EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 11:40 am

Tis not treatments and preventatives fanciers need but pigeons with strong immunity and this can only be thwarted by constant treatments and preventatives.
you cannot get immunity from a bottle or tablet.

It takes time and selection but worth the effort.

Said for over 50 years keep to nature as near as possible and never seen an animal at a chemists.

Animals in nature do get illnesses but they survive by the survival of the fittest.

The majority of today's pigeons are drug dependant and will become increasingly more so through keeping ill pigeons alive to produce even more of their like.

The only winners are the commercial boys who are laughing all the way to the bank
Whilst fanciers are causing more problems for themselves through bad management and misuse of drugs etc;

The old fanciers of my youth would not believe the sport could not have reached such a state as the sport is in now.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Apple Cider Vinegar   Apple Cider Vinegar EmptySun Apr 16, 2023 3:16 am

George & Morgan wrote:
i use to give birds this now give nothing but corn
Different ways Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes one can maybe look at this subject matter etc from my perspective. In simplistic terms Smile Smile basically 4 types of vinegar in a pigeon type sense by my thinking process. Fish & chip vinegar (cheap & nasty) malt vinegar, apple cyder vinegar & apple cyder vinegar with the mother in it as such. Spend what you like Wink Wink I say Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes But Very Happy Very Happy I still & always will remember a video by Ad Shad lol! lol! lol! the wise one bounce bounce who took me on a journey back when with one of the best of the best in his local area there in a racing sense & his big secret there apparently bounce bounce was simply fish & chip type vinegar for his birds for most days of the week as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Apple Cider Vinegar   Apple Cider Vinegar EmptySun Apr 16, 2023 5:15 pm

The basic fact is, the pigeon has to have the ability to do what you require it to do, if not, no amount of anything will do any good.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Apple Cider Vinegar   Apple Cider Vinegar EmptyMon Apr 17, 2023 9:37 am

MISTY wrote:
Tis not treatments and preventatives fanciers need but pigeons with strong immunity and this can only be thwarted by constant treatments and preventatives.
you cannot get immunity from a bottle or tablet.

It takes time and selection but worth the effort.

Said for over 50 years keep to nature as near as possible and never seen an animal at a chemists.

Animals in nature do get illnesses but they survive by the survival of the fittest.

The majority of today's pigeons are drug dependant and will become increasingly more so through keeping ill pigeons alive to produce even more of  their like.

The only winners are the commercial boys who are laughing all the way to the bank
Whilst fanciers are causing more problems for themselves through bad management and misuse of drugs etc;

The old fanciers of my youth would not believe the sport could not have reached such a state as the sport is in now.

Regards.  

agree entirely but what chance has a novice got of creating such a family before he loses heart through culls and losses,you would need some staying power eh but no doubt its the way to go/be...but thats just it in todays world its either instant success or opt out and that does not suit building a decent foundation that will stand one in good stead ,most young people do not want to be tied to such a drawn out hobby hence the decline and demise of pigeon racing which is sad but true its us oldies in the main that are keeping it going and thats why these one lofts are popping up as club racing is on its knees theres just not the numbers anymore ,the rpra wont function for much longer either as the pots nearly empty eh and the one asset it had has now been sold on the cheap and quiet study
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Apple Cider Vinegar   Apple Cider Vinegar EmptyMon Apr 17, 2023 10:49 am

that has bugged me since they sold it darren, i wonder if the building has been demolished yet, or if flats/houses are being built yet ......i also wonder who, if anyone made a little extra for them selves out of the deal.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Apple Cider Vinegar   Apple Cider Vinegar EmptyMon Apr 17, 2023 10:54 am

Second that oldstrain.

Everyone as you say wants instant success choose however it is acheived.

Could cry for the young of today, you have parents who do everything in their power for the welfare of their children and a vast majority who should never have had children in the first place being the off springs of generations on benifits, drugs or both, and the good parents have a hard time protecting their own.

Afraid the youth of today are too involved in technology of one kind or another and drugs to be interested in our sport.

The papers full of crime both grown ups and children of school age involved.

Cannot see things improving.

Sad.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Apple Cider Vinegar   Apple Cider Vinegar EmptyMon Apr 17, 2023 9:32 pm

the uk is lost misty, its destroyed and theres no going back unless we get a hitler type at the helm ....
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Apple Cider Vinegar   Apple Cider Vinegar EmptyTue Apr 18, 2023 11:38 am

David wrote:
the uk is lost misty, its destroyed and theres no going back unless we get a hitler type at the helm ....

Agree 100% David.

The idiot head of the Church of England should actually read the Bible instead of the Dandy and Beano and see why Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed and look at our country now.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Apple Cider Vinegar   Apple Cider Vinegar EmptyTue Apr 18, 2023 11:42 am

exactly misty, everything has turned opposite to what was right and normal .......right is wrong and wrong is right .

if you speak up or oppose the government line, you are demonised.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apple Cider Vinegar   Apple Cider Vinegar Empty

Back to top Go down

Apple Cider Vinegar
Page 1 of 1