Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
Ambition in sport Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:59 pm

» Weather today
Ambition in sport Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
Ambition in sport Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
Ambition in sport Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Ambition in sport Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Ambition in sport Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Ambition in sport Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Ambition in sport Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Ambition in sport Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Ambition in sport 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 92 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 91 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Ambition in sport Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Ambition in sport Vote_lcapAmbition in sport Voting_barAmbition in sport Vote_rcap 
David
Ambition in sport Vote_lcapAmbition in sport Voting_barAmbition in sport Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222742 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Ambition in sport Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Ambition in sport Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Ambition in sport

Go down 
+2
MISTY
George & Morgan
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyTue May 30, 2023 12:59 pm

for me misty the biggest down fall to the sport was ets when families found the fancier did not have to stay to clock in it was a case of we do it as a family now we go out to-gather
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyTue May 30, 2023 3:26 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
for me misty the biggest down fall to the sport was ets when families found the fancier did not have to stay to clock in it was a case of we do it as a family now we go out to-gather  

Agree entirely George.

Anyone not at the loft to great their entries for as long as is reasonable should not keep pigeons, with no excuses.

It was introduced both without fancier's consent,against the rules and against fair play and against the law.

But then you are talking RPRA Council.

Proved there was no obligation re the handicapt to introduce it ( the reason given by the RPRA) wrote to the appropriate Government department who confirmed we were under no obligation to introduce it and sent the reply to the then General Manager, thanked me and the Council took no notice.

If someone in a big race was beaten by decimals the other fancier using a ETS and him/her a race rubber method he/she would have good grounds for an objection on grounds of unfair advantage and think the Law would uphold it.

Every other sport I can think of have made improvements for all concerned our lot have just about killed the sport.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyTue May 30, 2023 8:21 pm

just been looking at dads old club 140 members in it's day last week 6 members sent to race in Wales
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyTue May 30, 2023 8:35 pm

ets stopped me topping the open twice as i was on T3 and winner on ets ,was also told his pad was outside the loft ,a good flier no doubt it was the same fancier who beat me both times on the same yard and a decimal in it ,when i worked it out it was no more than 5 seconds cheers ah well c'est la vie eh Smile but i agree that ets was a bad thing ...why would you race pigeons and not want to see them home
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyWed May 31, 2023 9:10 am

i always said this darren about the pad being outside the loft, it shouldnt be allowed, regardless of what rpra rules say .........having the pad outside and even using ets gives the fancier an advantage over the t3 user.

i do think the ets is a good thing for disabled fanciers though .
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyWed May 31, 2023 10:19 am

David wrote:
i always said this darren about the pad being outside the loft, it shouldnt be allowed, regardless of what rpra rules say .........having the pad outside and even using ets gives the fancier an advantage over the t3 user.

i do think the ets is a good thing for disabled fanciers though .
Cowboy type country David Smile Smile I'm affraid the way I see the general pad/antenna set up etc. Just in the short time I've had mine in operation here bounce bounce I've seen many walk on it & then back away, before finely going through the trap as such with it before the trap entrance here, but well within what the local regulations down here permit as such. Now Very Happy Very Happy a test of sorts lol! lol! lol! for all Benzing experts as such watching bounce bounce see maybe Very Happy Very Happy how you would perhaps go Wink Wink trying to put rings, from 1998 to 2009 etc in your fancy electronic clock etc Wink Wink & perhaps one may just learn something a bit odd somewhat to normal I somehow suspect/suggest  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyWed May 31, 2023 10:39 am

The OL events show that the first bird back does not always get the first place, nor any subsequent arrivals get their arrival position in many cases.

Would prefer the landing board to be the active part.

Would not be feasible to have OL races using any other method.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyWed May 31, 2023 11:04 am

oldstrain wrote:
ets stopped me topping the open twice as i was on T3 and winner on ets ,was also told his pad was outside the loft ,a good flier no doubt it was the same fancier who beat me both times on the same yard and a decimal in it ,when i worked it out it was no more than 5 seconds cheers ah well c'est la vie eh Smile but i agree that ets was a bad thing ...why would you race pigeons and not want to see them home
Necessary evil now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes these days I'm affraid O/S Smile Smile from my perspective. Back in my old ways here as you know Wink Wink Monday here first toss etc as normal, when back when Very Happy Very Happy 12 miles. Never knew how long as such bounce bounce in all the years I've been going there that they took to first reach home. Now know to the very second as such now (Thanks, Mr Benzing) Very Happy  Very Happy as first off on Monday there they actually took 21 minutes & 4 seconds apparently which was well before I arrived home to wonder in the old days how long they may have just taking to complete the journey in general. Grumble we may Smile Smile but for someone Very Happy Very Happy who first started off Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes running to the local railway station, with a rubber in his mouth type thing to find a winner of sorts down here, because no one then had clocks being all kids in nature Very Happy Very Happy I could suggest maybe lol! lol! lol! thou evil perhaps to some, we have fortunately if honest advanced somewhat thankfully with the modern ways now in general on average in using electronic type clocks, even if not quite perfect in certain folks minds by my experience. cheers alien flower afro
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyWed May 31, 2023 11:45 am

MISTY wrote:
The OL events show that the first bird back does not always get the first place, nor any subsequent arrivals get their arrival position in many cases.

Regards.

that system may be ok for one lofts misty, but i think when its club racing and some have the pad outside and some have it within the confines of the loft it is giving an un fair advantage......

they might as well have the pad on the house roof ......
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyWed May 31, 2023 2:53 pm

David wrote:
MISTY wrote:

Regards.

that system may be ok for one lofts misty, but i think when its club racing and some have the pad outside and some have it within the confines of the loft it is giving an un fair advantage......

That was my point David, OK for OLs but not for club racing.

Actually the whole present system stinks for several reasons.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyWed May 31, 2023 3:16 pm

oldstrain wrote:

Went into the whole scenario oldstrain many years ago.

Pointed out that not one can be certain that any distance is correct, could be yards adrift yet race in theory could be won by .01 of a yard.

In a 60 mile race flown at 60 miles an hour would mean the winner, if all flew 60 miles by 2" and 500th of a second.

Does not mean it is very unlikely it means the formula is flawed because it COULD happen under the system.

Remember shortly after new measurements were taken under a new system many results would have been different if previous races had been re-calculated.

Most laughable part, the transporters do not know the exact place the measurements were calculated from, so the probability is EVERY DISTANCE USED IS YARDS ADRIFT.

Yet they can send men to the moon.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyThu Jun 01, 2023 11:46 am

David wrote:
MISTY wrote:

Regards.

House roof Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm all for that etc David Smile Smile as long Very Happy Very Happy as I can stick my pad/antenna here a 100 ft up my gum trees type thing. Rubbish over  Very Happy  Very Happy surely David, all pad positions in lofts are inspected are they not by those in charge to see they meet the required law of the land there in a pigeon type sense. cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyThu Jun 01, 2023 1:26 pm

been reading of ybs straight from the nest £2500 each nice if you could breed and sell 100 ybs
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyThu Jun 01, 2023 8:26 pm

Knackered wrote:
David wrote:
MISTY wrote:

Regards.

House roof Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm all for that etc David Smile Smile as long Very Happy Very Happy as I can stick my pad/antenna here a 100 ft up my gum trees type thing. Rubbish over  Very Happy  Very Happy surely David, all pad positions in lofts are inspected are they not by those in charge to see they meet the required law of the land there in a pigeon type sense. cheers

That is exactly what I said David, the only way in a OL unfair in any other race
irrespective of where the pad is.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyThu Jun 01, 2023 10:04 pm

Knackered wrote:

as far as i know knackered, i dont think they are checked ........plus those inclined could move their pads after inspection if they so wished .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyFri Jun 02, 2023 10:28 am

David wrote:
Knackered wrote:

as far as i know knackered, i dont think they are checked ........plus those inclined could move their pads after inspection if they so wished .

What I cannot understand is why anyone wants to cheat in the first place.

They may not be found out but they know themselves they are cheats.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyFri Jun 02, 2023 10:59 am

cheating = winning

winning = £££££
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyFri Jun 02, 2023 7:39 pm

David wrote:
cheating = winning

winning = £££££

Heard it said, money is the root of all evil.

Never been interested in it myself as long as I could meet my needs.

But object to my wife's pension along with mine being taxed.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 8:43 am

on another forum chap puts up some photos of his birds a fancier writes why don't you put up your results number of birds in race did not think if putting up a pigeon photo you must have results for it
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 11:25 am

some people just cant help them selves george, they just have to talk shit ......
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 12:57 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
on another forum chap puts up some photos of his birds a fancier writes why don't you put up your results number of birds in race did not think if putting up a pigeon photo you must have results for it

Some fanciers take great pride in their pigeons regardless of anything else.

There are more races etc; won by advantage than anything else.

If a fancier is proud of his pigeons why not show them off, irrespective of any other consideration.

Jealousy is a contributary factor regarding some fanciers.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 11:09 am

George & Morgan wrote:
Quite frankly George Smile Smile I'm affraid the blokes simply up himself etc bounce bounce what one has to do with the other has little to do if one just plainly enjoys posting photos of ones birds as such. End of the day Wink Wink big egoes everywhere I've found bounce bounce but most go missing Very Happy Very Happy sadly, into a head type wind & especially if it's around 5/600 odd miles or further as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 2:41 pm

Just got renewal documents for car insurance been with them for years, believe David used them last year.

Previous year £470.72 the renewal figure £584.80.

Car worth about ten bob.

OH HAPPY DAYS.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 3:01 pm

because i don't drive now have taken mine of the road into side garden and canceled tax and insurance however my internet and phone has gone up a lot
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 11:53 pm

yes misty i used the same company, did me a decent price ......ive had my car 12 years and have no desire to change it Razz Razz cheers afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ambition in sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport Empty

Back to top Go down

Ambition in sport
Page 1 of 34Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next