Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:59 pm

» Weather today
blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Tue May 07, 2024 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 53 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 53 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Vote_lcapblue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Voting_barblue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
David
blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Vote_lcapblue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Voting_barblue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222742 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

blue salt for pigeons

Go down 
+2
MISTY
George & Morgan
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 08, 2023 9:32 am

David wrote:
used to use garlic a few years ago, crushed a clove and put it in the drinker......  i would change the water daily but leave the clove in, i did hear some would simply top the water up each day, never did find out which was the best way .

i know someone who leaves cloves in a bottle and adds a few spoonful's each day to the water , not sure its the best way but each to their own i suppose .

I topped the water up, but changed it completely every week.

Never thought of the bottle idea sounds alright to me.

I never washed the drinkers, same with the canaries.

Green they were, fanciers thought daft, they had to treat theirs every week mine never needed any.

If you  look at the photo of the canaries,top left hand corner you can see the drinker high up looks filthy, then look at the conditions of the canaries.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 08, 2023 11:49 am

i don't see a photo misty
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 08, 2023 2:44 pm

George & Morgan wrote:

Was amongst those David posted for me a while back, can get them if you go through the past photos.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 08, 2023 3:00 pm

think it was posted in the 70s or 80s David Laughing
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 08, 2023 3:18 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
think it was posted in the  70s or 80s David   Laughing

Takes two minutes to find them.

Not too long ago.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2023 10:45 am

MISTY wrote:
George & Morgan wrote:

Was amongst those David posted for me a while back, can get them if you go through the past photos.

Regards.

wow, sorry misty .......... affraid

i forgot all about those photos misty, i still have them here in the drawer ...... ill check i still have you address to send them back Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2023 11:15 am

MISTY wrote:
David wrote:
used to use garlic a few years ago, crushed a clove and put it in the drinker......  i would change the water daily but leave the clove in, i did hear some would simply top the water up each day, never did find out which was the best way .

i know someone who leaves cloves in a bottle and adds a few spoonful's each day to the water , not sure its the best way but each to their own i suppose .

I topped the water up, but changed it completely every week.

Never thought of the bottle idea sounds alright to me.

I never washed the drinkers, same with the canaries.

Green they were, fanciers thought daft, they had to treat theirs every week mine never needed any.

If you  look at the photo of the canaries,top left hand corner you can see the drinker high up looks filthy, then look at the conditions of the canaries.

Regards.
Spirulina process Smile Smile somehow comes to mind here Misty Smile Smile with me with your general thinking/thing on your water issue with your birds. Bit of a laugh when one thinks about it all Smile Smile in how maybe the local town brigade of scrubbers & the like would drink at times to just survive. End of the day Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes my race birds every week get a nice clean bath to wash & drink from, what do they do thou Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad most days, fight like hell I'm affraid to be first into the native bird baths here my Joyce fills up whenever she maybe remembers type thing. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2023 11:25 am

David wrote:
MISTY wrote:
George & Morgan wrote:

Regards.

wow, sorry misty  .......... affraid

i forgot all about those photos misty, i still have them here in the drawer ...... ill check i still have you address to send them back Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

No worries David, perhaps you could just post the canary one for our George.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2023 11:50 am

blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Img_3616

blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Img_3617

blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Img_3618

blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Img_3711

blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Img_3712

blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Img_3713

blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Img_3714
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2023 12:14 pm

nice photos misty birds do look well nice basket like the top
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2023 12:25 pm

David wrote:
blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Img_3616

blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Img_3617

blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Img_3618

blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Img_3711

blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Img_3712

blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Img_3713

blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Img_3714
One of the joys of life Smile Smile I say Very Happy Very Happy seeing lol! lol! lol! a typical type craftsman built pigeon loft etc Wink Wink Good for the soul Very Happy Very Happy I always found somehow, thankfully Smile Smile  Wonderful photos all round I suggest as shown above. So thanks everyone, as very much appreciated down here at my end  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2023 2:44 pm

First photo months after my clearance sale, went to pot when my wife died, never bothered with anything for months other than feeding sooty and the odd pigeons that returned, just could not do anything.

There is a photograph in the BHW of my loft before this happened.

Second time round never had stock pigeons and the main loft is still standing.

Did keep the canaries.

Did away with the lofts which had the stock birds in shown in the first
Photograph of the pigeons on the trap was second time round 16ft loft to the right of the trap not shown, but will do so if and when I master putting photos on.

The dirty drinker in the canary photo is in the high left hand corner.

Top of basket lime George used for strays.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 12:06 pm

is that a bronze pigeon in the trap misty,i like the cheq pied hen on the trap to ...
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 4:56 pm

oldstrain wrote:
is that a bronze pigeon in the trap misty,i like the cheq pied hen on the trap ..

Would call them light chocolate oldstrain, brother to the one just inside
the trap, which was always open other than on race day or when too light early in summer.

The pied hen won from being a youngster, including the only time I entered the ring nom.

They were typical of all my pigeons.

Threw some odd colours at times.

Had two strawberry youngster once and one was a good un.

Where colours come from I know not only that two true blues will only breed blues.

Bill Carney liked all my pigeons, never condemned one and that was one I had just bought, which I culled.

Think mine were overall above medium sized, never liked the small sprint type.

But mine won from every race point, from Lerwick North to Bourges South.

Could not have asked for more, gave them a life I would have liked were I a pigeon and was repaid well.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 9:47 am

MISTY wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
is that a bronze pigeon in the trap misty,i like the cheq pied hen on the trap ..

Would call them  light chocolate oldstrain, brother to the one just inside
the  trap, which was always open other than on race day or when too light early in summer.

The pied hen won from being a youngster, including the only time I entered the ring nom.

They were typical of all my pigeons.

Threw some odd colours at times.

Had two strawberry youngster once and one was a good un.

Where colours come from I know not only that two true blues will only breed blues.

Bill Carney liked all my pigeons, never condemned one and that was one I had just bought, which I culled.

Think mine were overall  above medium sized, never liked the small sprint type.

But mine won from every race point, from Lerwick North to Bourges South.

Could not have asked for more, gave them a life I would have liked were I a pigeon and was repaid well.

Regards.

Pleasing thing for me here Misty Wink Wink was Very Happy Very Happy your modern type loft design as shown Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! appears to have had no effect what so ever apparently on the bloom factor of your birds etc. If one was a bold & brave lol! lol! lol! Smile Smile type or perhaps even stupid perhaps  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  One could say Very Happy Very Happy perhaps the hard work with your design of your loft there was apparently a blessing in disguise in a bloom sense with your birds  Wink  Wink. cheers alien flower afro
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 10:01 pm

we had some dark chequers that had a bronze tinge to them, they were van hee`s from louella
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 9:56 am

David wrote:
we had some dark chequers that had a bronze tinge to them, they were van hee`s from louella

Maybe I should have said bonze David but looked brownish to me.

Had many different colours made breeding far more enjoyable and exciting.

Liked my pieds best for colour.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 10:01 am

only ever  had one red bird in my racers

blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Img_0316
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 10:15 am

this was him with his hen i bought

blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Img_0317
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 10:20 am

George & Morgan wrote:
this was him with his hen i bought

blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Img_0317

Now we are talking George the red is my type of pigeon in build and size.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 10:25 am

son off a midlands national winner
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 10:48 am

George & Morgan wrote:
son off a midlands national winner

blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 P1040215
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 12:24 pm

is this the red cock you bought years ago george, or is it a different one ...?
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 12:26 pm

same one David
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 12:29 pm

wow, yes i remember you buying it .......... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: blue salt for pigeons   blue salt  for pigeons - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

blue salt for pigeons
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next