Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
winners and eyesign - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:41 pm

» Weather today
winners and eyesign - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 5:31 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
winners and eyesign - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
winners and eyesign - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» SEO Company in Chennai
winners and eyesign - Page 2 Emptyby tharunjohar50 Yesterday at 11:37 am

» escaped birds return
winners and eyesign - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
winners and eyesign - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
winners and eyesign - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
winners and eyesign - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) winners and eyesign - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.winners and eyesign - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
winners and eyesign - Page 2 Vote_lcapwinners and eyesign - Page 2 Voting_barwinners and eyesign - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
winners and eyesign - Page 2 Vote_lcapwinners and eyesign - Page 2 Voting_barwinners and eyesign - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
tharunjohar50
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222730 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
winners and eyesign - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
winners and eyesign - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

winners and eyesign

Go down 
+2
oldstrain
barnie
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

winners and eyesign - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 1:24 pm

i always enjoy looking at the eyes, i rarely handle my birds but when i do i always look at the different type of eyes they have .......... at one point i liked to pair opposite types together, but over the last few years i dont bother and just let them pick their own mates .
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 2:41 pm

i'm a bit like yourself david, probably just a habit when handling them, but I think you can see intelligence level in some pigeons, they just have that "look" in their eye. Also I like a pigeon that looks you in the eye as you move around the loft . More interested in behaviour like that than eyesign theory.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 2:49 pm

Show winner yesterday, rows and rows of birds all gleaming like this one, don't know how a winner was found they were all immaculate. Full credit to the exhibitors , the dedication must be on par with racing fanciers. Great to see this side of the sport .

winners and eyesign - Page 2 Nehu_w10
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 2:52 pm

chat many times with Alice Bell on facebook when not sure if 2 gifted birds were show pigeons she was telling me they had 3 firsts and i think 2nds at the show
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 4:27 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
chat many times with Alice Bell on facebook when not sure if 2 gifted birds were show pigeons  she was telling me they had 3 firsts and i think 2nds at the show

The Bells have been the tops for a long time.

The dedication they put in is second to none.

Think  when the odd time they get beat is because their pigeons are too recognisable.

Would never have the guts to pick a winner when you see  the quality of all the entries.

Think maybe going the show road may not be a bad idea for the sport.

Is there a video of the show George

Regards.

Last edited by MISTY on Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 4:29 pm

think it was the Doncaster show ask Barnie
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 4:49 pm

Do not think they had any actual shows at Doncaster George, think barnie went to the one up North.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 4:53 pm

was it at South Shields which show was at Doncaster
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 5:20 pm

Do not think they had any actual show classes at Doncaster George.

Think barnie meant the Up North one.

Still plenty of clubs etc; having shows.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 7:05 pm

yes this was NEHU show at south shields yesterday
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 7:37 pm

stunning bird if i get back into pigeons i think i would like to go down the show racer route ,agree about the dedication aspect of show racers colin
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 7:42 pm

lot of traveling i was in S RS in the Midlands and SRS in south Wales in 80s
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 8:26 pm

oldstrain wrote:
stunning bird if i get back into pigeons i think i would like to go down the show racer route ,agree about the dedication aspect of show racers colin
Only a fool Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes would suggest I suggest O/S Smile Smile the best of the show racer type group & the like don't have the same total dedication factor with what they do with their birds on show day as such, compared to those maybe somehow putting them in a race basket etc to win. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 9:34 pm

MISTY wrote:
Knackered wrote:
MISTY wrote:
All the eyes are different George, the cere may be similar which is bound happen at times but the
rest of the eye is different.

This selection of eyes proves winners have good bad and indifferent eyes according to the theory.

The only eye of any real quality according to the theory is the pigeon on the right of the first two.

Regards.
Intriguing part for me down  here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm affraid when looking at the overall picture of all the winners bounce bounce is the sad story being told there from my perspective Wink Wink of what I was first told down here 30 odd years ago Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad was apparently the Mighty Up North Combine type thing by my Geordie mate at the time. Now, those that may be confused here Smile Smile with

my thinking Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes study the first bird shown as an example & perhaps tell
me what sad story does it maybe send there, for what was once the Mighty Up North Combine as such Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes apparently. cheers

Noted that Knackered, not enough for a decent club race.

Unfortunately the only races with large numbers are the OL races, well until the mile stage.

Just glad I had the best years in the sport.

SAD

Regards.

/
Went surfing down here Misty Smile Smile being somewhat curious to a degree about the bird in question etc & what perhaps what was not told/said or what was maybe hiding behind the picture as such. Wish Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad somehow I hadn't type thing bounce bounce as what a sorry tale unfolded unfortunately in certain ways by what I found. Combine race from 500 odd miles Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 300 odd pigeons & a tail wind with the winner there in the 1200 range & at least 18 different federations involved in the final result there apparently. Which if one wished to be cynical somehow Wink Wink one could perhaps say bounce bounce in a certain way Very Happy Very Happy they had on average, 18 federation winners at the end of the day maybe & an average of around 15 to 20 birds there if your lucky in each race as such. In the end Smile Smile credit to all the federation winners there type thing Wink Wink but really speaking Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad trouble in paradise comes to mind here for me I'm affraid with the Mighty Up North Combine of yours there if what I found by being curious was remotely true, sadly. End of the story Smile Smile as nice as the combine winner in question is Wink Wink give me the runner up there any day bounce bounce as my type of pigeon I suspect Smile Smile being a bit of a loner type on the day there apparently by what it did in flying so far on it's own apparently to achieve what it did in the end.  cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 12:01 am

barnie wrote:

is the show through wires or handling colin .......?

our club shows are always through wires, i remember when they used to be handling classes years ago but they dont seem to do that now .
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 11:24 am

David wrote:
barnie wrote:

is the show through wires or handling colin .......?

our club shows are always through wires, i remember when they used to be handling classes years ago but they dont seem to do that now .

handling as far as I remember david
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 11:29 am

all classes are handling unless it says THW
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 12:45 am

George & Morgan wrote:
all classes are handling unless  it says THW
You know I love you George Very Happy Very Happy as always & always will here Wink Wink But lol! lol! lol! you somehow have done it again I'm affraid with your THW type thing above  Wink  Wink. cheers alien flower afro
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 1:01 am

MISTY wrote:
George & Morgan wrote:
chat many times with Alice Bell on facebook when not sure if 2 gifted birds were show pigeons  she was telling me they had 3 firsts and i think 2nds at the show

The Bells have been the tops for a long time.

The dedication they put in is second to none.

Think  when the odd time they get beat is because their pigeons are too recognisable.

Would never have the guts to pick a winner when you see  the quality of all the entries.

Think maybe going the show road may not be a bad idea for the sport.

Is  there a video of the show George

Regards.

In certain ways I suspect Misty Smile Smile showing at a top level bounce bounce is just as cruel as race day type thing, at the top level. Many are deserving of the first prize as such Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes but their can in the end only be one winner type thing Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 3:28 pm

Do not envy the judges their tasks Knackered.

But think the powers that be have set standards for the judges to go by and look for faults rather than anything else, but the vast majority of show birds are a wonder to behold sports wise.

Then it no doubt becomes what the judges like best if several are equal.

Cannot think of a better way.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 7:37 pm

MISTY wrote:
Do not envy the judges  their tasks Knackered.

But think the powers that be have set standards for the judges to go by and look for faults rather than anything else, but the vast majority of show birds are a wonder to behold sports wise.

Then it no doubt becomes what the judges like best if several are equal.

Cannot think of a better way.

Regards.

Agree Very Happy Very Happy bit pointless Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes if they maybe gave out a first prize card to everyone deserving type thing Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

winners and eyesign
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2