Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
winners and eyesign Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:23 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
winners and eyesign Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 pm

» Good Morning
winners and eyesign Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 5:15 pm

» escaped birds return
winners and eyesign Emptyby David Today at 1:51 pm

» good luck weekend
winners and eyesign Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
winners and eyesign Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
winners and eyesign Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
winners and eyesign Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
winners and eyesign Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) winners and eyesign 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 80 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 78 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.winners and eyesign Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
winners and eyesign Vote_lcapwinners and eyesign Voting_barwinners and eyesign Vote_rcap 
David
winners and eyesign Vote_lcapwinners and eyesign Voting_barwinners and eyesign Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222679 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
winners and eyesign Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
winners and eyesign Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

winners and eyesign

Go down 
+2
oldstrain
barnie
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

winners and eyesign Empty
PostSubject: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 2:51 pm

Here's something to look at if you like eyesign, plenty different eyes, colours circles, whatever floats your boat, so what's different in these eyes to all the duds? Not a clue myself, but all big winners at the end of the day.

Also spot the photo mistake on there...........

winners and eyesign Unc_ey10
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 3:40 pm

looks like the same eye for the pied and cheq
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 4:22 pm

think the cree gives it away
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 7:53 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
think the cree gives it away
Cree Very Happy Very Happy looked up my bible here George lol! lol! lol! on that one etc bounce bounce still lost I'm affraid lol! lol! lol! by what my bible said here type thing Wink Wink End of the day  Very Happy  Very Happy interesting lot of photos in certain ways, but then somehow rather worrying also in certain other ways I'm affraid from my perspective down here. cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 8:03 pm

cere white skin round the eye
winners and eyesign _2019011
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 8:12 pm

All the eyes are different George, the cere may be similar which is bound happen at times but the
rest of the eye is different.

This selection of eyes proves winners have good bad and indifferent eyes according to the theory.

The only eye of any real quality according to the theory is the pigeon on the right of the first two.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 8:18 pm

are we talking about the same thing misty Darren said 2 eyes were the same eye and i said yes look at the cere
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 8:21 pm

oldstrain wrote:
looks like the same eye for the pied and cheq

that's correct Darren  winners and eyesign 1f44f  winners and eyesign 1f44f  winners and eyesign 1f44f
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 8:22 pm

i get what you meant george, 3 o clock area gives it away
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 8:27 pm

did i get members mixed up
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 8:55 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
are we talking  about the same thing misty  Darren said 2 eyes were the same eye and i said yes look at the cere

Yes we are talking about the same thing George and I have got mixed up and jumped the gun, bad mistake.

Actually missed the first two pigeons both with good eyes according to the theory, first two on the photograph and the one below the right one.

Had a good look at what you say regarding the same eye George.

Would be a suprize to get two eyes so alike but one thing I feel it is not the same photograph used.

Apologise for jumping the gun old age and poverty.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 8:28 am

i like the eye of the bird named dominic the best but never followed eyesign to be honest
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 9:49 am

Got the very first book on eye sign, delved into it and eventually got bogged down when it became obvious some of the very best racers had nothing to shout about regarding eye sign,the same applies today.

They come in all shapes and sizes and eyes from excellent to usless regarding eye sign theory..

Doubt if I would have spotted the two same eyes as I did not think them my type
and overlooked them both.

Makes one wonder if a bit of air brushing takes place.

What I do like to see is a nice clear white cere.

One thing the eye can tell you is the health of the pigeon.

Otherwise the best theory I found eventually was Mr Basket.

Did enjoy all the discussions with the late Albert Whity, Skarthi, and Pete Rogers
passed many enjoyable evenings kicking matters about.

So as far as I am concerned the main thing is that the pigeon has two eyes that work.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 3:09 pm

Anyone interested in eye sign could do worse than have a good look at the eyes on pages 6.7.8 in this weeks BHW, these are the type of eye I prefered and found in the Ardens.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 10:36 pm

MISTY wrote:
Anyone interested in eye sign could do worse than have a good look at the eyes on pages 6.7.8 in this weeks BHW, these are the type of eye I prefered and found  in the Ardens.

Regards.
Had a short love affair here Misty Smile Smile back when Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes with a lovely Van Arden type hen, when the imports first hit town down here after many years of our border being closed to pigeons. 50/50 thing with my Geordie mate Very Happy Very Happy total dud I'm  affraid Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad But boy oh boy did it have a beautiful set of eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes like most of them that were up for auction at the time. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 11:44 pm

MISTY wrote:
Got the very first book on eye sign, delved into it and eventually got bogged down when it became obvious some of the very best racers had nothing to shout about regarding eye sign,the same applies today.

They come in all shapes and sizes and eyes from excellent to usless regarding eye sign theory..

Doubt if I would have spotted the two same eyes as I  did not think them my type
and overlooked them both.

Makes one wonder if a bit of air brushing takes place.

What I do like to see is a nice clear white cere.

One thing the eye can tell you is the health of the pigeon.

Otherwise the best theory I found eventually was Mr Basket.

Did enjoy all the discussions with the late Albert Whity, Skarthi, and Pete Rogers
passed many enjoyable evenings kicking matters about.

So as far as I am concerned the main thing is that the pigeon has two eyes that work.

Regards.  

Agree Smile Smile waste your time on eye sign if you wish I say Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes free country type thing Very Happy Very Happy but Very Happy Very Happy who thou off the expert types bounce bounce with the knowledge factor (whatever that is) would have somehow picked out as an example bounce bounce our group of U/N Combine winners shown here when first out of the nest or even maybe before they first hit the training track etc to race. Truth be told I suggest  Wink  Wink many may have come a knocking I suspect, after the event & somehow given a glowing fantasy type report card maybe by the eyes the birds had Wink  Wink as the single reason perhaps for what the birds did. cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 1:16 pm

i'm getting worse  thought i posted this

this is the eye of the new hen misty taken by my son so not the best

winners and eyesign Img_2017
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 5:45 pm

Been to the NEHU show today, really good show and well attended on a lousy day.
Plenty of eyes to look at Laughing Laughing
and have to say those show birds are amazing to see the condition on them.

Tempted to buy but decided there's enough here already. Plenty fanciers would have done ok today, saw plenty birds making £30 in auction right through to £1800 in the pens with basket fulls priced in between. Only bought some nest felts and pie & chips Laughing so cheap day out for me inside away from the rain.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 7:58 pm

Only attended the NEHU Show once barnie.

Looked at one line of cages and commented that who put them in a show must be mad.

Turned out they were all Up North Combine Winners.

Never went again.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 8:02 pm

barnie wrote:
Been to the NEHU show today, really good show and well attended on a lousy day.
Plenty of eyes to look at Laughing Laughing
and have to say those show birds are amazing to see the condition on them.

Tempted to buy but decided there's enough here already. Plenty fanciers would have done ok today, saw plenty birds making £30 in auction right through to £1800 in the pens with basket fulls priced in between. Only bought some nest felts and pie & chips  Laughing so cheap day out for me inside away from the rain.
Glad you apparently had an enjoyable day out etc Colin Smile Smile End of the day Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes we all have faults I suggest, I'm  affraid  Wink Wink so dont judge yourself to harshly over the pie & chips issue there etc Very Happy  Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 8:08 pm

MISTY wrote:
Only attended the NEHU Show once barnie.

Looked at one line of cages and commented that who put them in a show must be mad.

Turned out they were all Up North Combine Winners.

Never went again.

Regards.
lol! lol! lol! Egg on face moments Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes in a pigeon sense, always as bit of a reality type check Smile Smile I found down here Misty Very Happy Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 8:29 pm

MISTY wrote:
All the eyes are different George, the cere may be similar which is bound happen at times but the

This selection of eyes proves winners have good bad and indifferent eyes according to the theory.

The only eye of any real quality according to the theory is the pigeon on the right of the first two.

Regards.
Intriguing part for me down  here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm affraid when looking at the overall picture of all the winners bounce bounce is the sad story being told there from my perspective Wink Wink of what I was first told down here 30 odd years ago Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad was apparently the Mighty Up North Combine type thing by my Geordie mate at the time. Now, those that may be confused here Smile Smile with my thinking Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes study the first bird shown as an example & perhaps tell me what sad story does it maybe send there, for what was once the Mighty Up North Combine as such Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes apparently. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 9:06 pm

Knackered wrote:
MISTY wrote:

Regards.
Intriguing part for me down  here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm affraid when looking at the overall picture of all the winners bounce bounce is the sad story being told there from my perspective Wink Wink of what I was first told down here 30 odd years ago Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad was apparently the Mighty Up North Combine type thing by my Geordie mate at the time. Now, those that may be confused here Smile Smile with

my thinking Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes study the first bird shown as an example & perhaps tell
me what sad story does it maybe send there, for what was once the Mighty Up North Combine as such Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes apparently. cheers

Noted that Knackered, not enough for a decent club race.

Unfortunately the only races with large numbers are the OL races, well until the mile stage.

Just glad I had the best years in the sport.

SAD

Regards.

/
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 9:40 pm

we know all eyes are different misty but we still look at them hoping we have a pigeon with a pleasing eye
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 9:14 am

[quote="George & Morgan"]we know all eyes are different misty but we still look at them hoping What a Face

Tis a fad George like many other things in our sport.

But whatever turns you on.

For myself eventually just made sure they had two that were bright and healthy.

Seen pigeons with one bulls eye and the other clear and a mixture of everything.

All amongst the winners.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: winners and eyesign   winners and eyesign Empty

Back to top Go down

winners and eyesign
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next