Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Some more eyes - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
Some more eyes - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Some more eyes - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Some more eyes - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Some more eyes - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Some more eyes - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Some more eyes - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Some more eyes - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Some more eyes - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Some more eyes - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 104 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 103 Guests :: 1 Bot

David

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Some more eyes - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Some more eyes - Page 2 Vote_lcapSome more eyes - Page 2 Voting_barSome more eyes - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Some more eyes - Page 2 Vote_lcapSome more eyes - Page 2 Voting_barSome more eyes - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222737 messages in 14002 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Some more eyes - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Some more eyes - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Some more eyes

Go down 
+8
Grizzle cock
chris perry
David
Lightning
jim
Don Webb
IANYOUNG
johnny11
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

Some more eyes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 9:48 pm

DAVID wrote:
hi mark, do you consider the eyes when selecting your pairings .......? or what do you consider, best to best ...?

Yes i do David, easier for us cos we have a family, but i always try to pair opposites, as in shape and colour

and definatey dont breed off any "flat" eyes even if these are good racers, have had birds in the past with flat eyes with 6 x 1st prizes but couldnt breed a bird to get a card never mind win

All winners dont breed winners and not all poor racers/duffers are crap
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 9:55 pm

i understand what your saying re breeding off a flat eye and that even if it was a winner you wouldnt.............but i would emagine a bird with 6 1st prizes was still worth breeding off surely ? maybe it could have been the partner he was paired to which was not up to scratch maybe ?

i have heard of birds which have won 1st in a blow home or an easy day which were just lucky and not worth a light, but a consistant winner must be worth breeding from surely ? or am i going about it wrong ? scratch obviously you know a lot more than me and will have a good reason for your decision. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 10:00 pm

DAVID wrote:
chris, i used to be all for eyesign but have realised its a very minor point to consider........if the bird has flown or bred well then that is more inportant than looking at its eye.

would have to agree, with me being new to pigeons, i have a long way to go , just been given two pairs of racers to start a family with, the guy who gave me was trying to explain the eye on one of the cocks as a good eye, but was just greatfull for the start, didnt take much notice,
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 10:07 pm

thats right chris, dont bog yourself down at the moment with eyes....learn how to keep the pigeons and to feed/manage them correctly, and enjoy them.

the eys will be of some inportance to someone like lightening(mark) because as he says, they are a family and he will know what, if any are capable of breeding or racing well.
Back to top Go down
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 10:10 pm

best to agree with this one, just started crawling never mind run before you can walk lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 10:15 pm

thats right chris, i re-started two years ago and this season just gone was to be my first racing and i just coudnt get it right, everything went wrong because i think i did try to run before i could walk and expected too much from my birds and myself....... Embarassed best listen.read and ask questions if there is something you dont understand. Very Happy im always asking......... cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 11:20 pm

Mark and David agree with your comments
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 11:24 pm

From me and i like eyesign (but still don't know anything) for a good breeding eye l like to see deep vallys

The best way to say get a hand full of gravel and what you see is like what i like to see in the eye (not the gravel) but the gravel effect
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:34 am

we need malcolms views on eyes don, do you remember his posts on it .....?
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:20 pm

A pigeon that do not see well, is a dead pigeon.
If visual qeues were a part of the homing ability, a pigeon with bad eyesight would not make it ,to the loft.
A pigeon with small pupils means, a pigeon with exellent eyesight.
I think there is little truth in the eyesign theory , after all it is just a theory.
A fact is every body like a nice bright eye with mountains and valleys, regardless the colour ,yellow , pearl or bull eyes. flower
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:28 pm

hi niel, inclined to agree with you about the eys.........i think the fancier who does use eyesign to breed with would probably get the same results if they didnt use it......... No
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:03 pm

Now your going back some David study
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Must say some people like it and some don't but it is everyone to there own to be honest

But i do like eyesign (even if i know nothing about it) even after 25 years trying
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:00 pm

the thing that gets me tho don is these "experts" in the weeklies who evaluate a pigeons eye only describe what the eye looks like and they form their opinion knowing what, if anything, the bird has won or bred...........let them look at all the birds on basketing night and pick the winner, then they can say they know what they are talking about eh ....?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 10:31 pm

David i will agree with you 100%
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 10:33 pm

right though isnt it don.............
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:25 am

I agree David. Have they ever tried that? Would be interesting to see....
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:38 am

never heard of it been done alex............. No nor likely to either i`ll bet.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:59 am

DAVID wrote:
never heard of it been done alex............. No nor likely to either i`ll bet.

......And you know why they wont do it.
Back to top Go down
Chad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Chad

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 1:23 am

Because I would bet they are wrong.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 8:54 am

Very Happy I went to see some birds recently of a local fancier and believe me he wins big, he asked me to bring my eye glass with me and have a look at the birds, not sure if it was luck or jugement but all the pairings I looked at for him , he had already paired what I would say the right way for me as eye sign, he never looks at the eyes but had a nack for putting the right birds together, the janssen brothers never studied the eyse but bred many champions. My conclusion is that born breeders are just that and dont need theorys, also as another interesting point I handled a bird that had won many firsts, both inland and up to 550 miles, it had topped sections, combine top 5, and would have won the national had he entered it, After studying the eye, I had to admit being honest.. if it was in a sale I would not have picked it out by the eyesign.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 12:55 pm

hi martyn. if you had your best two racers and were going to breed from them.......if there eyes were not what you would consider good would you still breed from them or put them to a more suitable eyesign...?
Back to top Go down
bikesfred54
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 5:36 pm

i know very little on eyesign or better still nothing. all so dont like putting the same eyes together.dont like the idea of breeding birds with flat eyes or eyes that are washed out through inbreeding.iv never let eyesign get the better of me but i do think eyesign works if you know what your doing but i dont but i do have my own way with pairing birds by there eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some more eyes   Some more eyes - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Some more eyes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2