Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Hens laid on floor... Emptyby barnie Today at 7:14 pm

» escaped birds return
Hens laid on floor... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:37 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Hens laid on floor... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:13 pm

» Good Morning
Hens laid on floor... Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» good luck weekend
Hens laid on floor... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
Hens laid on floor... Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Hens laid on floor... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Hens laid on floor... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Hens laid on floor... Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Hens laid on floor... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 103 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 101 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Hens laid on floor... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Hens laid on floor... Vote_lcapHens laid on floor... Voting_barHens laid on floor... Vote_rcap 
David
Hens laid on floor... Vote_lcapHens laid on floor... Voting_barHens laid on floor... Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222595 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Hens laid on floor... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Hens laid on floor... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Hens laid on floor...

Go down 
+2
IANYOUNG
David
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Hens laid on floor... Empty
PostSubject: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 8:36 pm

ive two hens which have laid on the floor, they and their mate have got a nestbox but have prefered to lay their first egg on the floor.........the worst part is though they are only 2ft apart and the cocks are fighting for territory,

if i wait till tommorrow dinner time and lock the hens in their boxes so they will lay the second egg each will this work...?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 8:38 pm

david put the egg in the box and lock the hen in until it lays its second egg done this many times and it always works
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 8:40 pm

RIGHT, SO WOULD YOU PUT THE FIRST EGG IN WITH THEM OR NOT....? or put it in after they have laid again or they might not go in the bowl if i put the first egg in ..
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 8:41 pm

put it in the nestbowl with them david
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 8:50 pm

they wont smash it will they ?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 9:01 pm

well mine didnt david but if your worried put a pot egg in until it lays
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 9:04 pm

yes could do, as they havnt incubated the first egg it wont harm it will it...?

hope i can get them into their boxes as i dont like eggs on the floor...especially two sets so close...... No
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 9:05 pm

you wont have a problem david honest
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 9:06 pm

when should i lock them in the boxes tommorrow ?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 9:11 pm

yes david tomorrow morning but just the hen david not the cock
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 9:46 pm

leave them
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 9:51 pm

Very Happy I agree with ian, as last year I had a hen lay on the floor dispite having a box, but because I wasnt fussed about them having youngsters and they did use thier box during the day I just picked the egg up and put it in thier nest box, she took to it and laid the second in the nest box.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 9:58 pm

peel bros wrote:
leave them

cant ray, eggs are only 2ft apart and the cocks are fighting and unsettling the hens covering the first egg.......
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 10:18 pm

Very Happy If you really want the eggs from them both, I would defo do what Ian said and lock the hen in the box with the egg, however if it were me I would wait until about a few hours before she lays the second egg before moving her, because if she doesnt take kindly to being move in the first place she might just leave them and lay second anywhere, I was lucky last year because I didnt care as soon as she laid I moved her and the egg to the box, not sure how she acted first off but she laid second in the box no probs. You could move them both and place a plank of wood across where they laid the eggs a piece of 4x4, that will stop them going back there.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 10:55 pm

I agree with Martyn and Ian just move the hens and lock them in there boxes feed and water them in the boxes until the second egg is laid and when you are happy with the way they are then let them back out
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:01 pm

i dont like pigeons laying on the floor but if it had been just one pair i would have left them where they were, but because its two pairs i can forsee trouble ahead if i laeve them.......
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:10 pm

David there is no wrong in that mate at all, it all helps to keeping the loft carm
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:34 pm

thats right don, the difference i see now compared to last week is totally different.......it winds me up when they are all flying mental all over the loft......
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:18 am

had one last night but will keep a eye when she lays her second i will put it under her have seen this every now and again
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:02 pm

Very Happy I also hate youngsters on the floor, as they tend to move from the pan quicker and wonder about, and never seem to do that well, however last year one of my best racing youngsters was breed on the floor, but I did put a board tilted up over it to hide them.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:06 pm

decided to leave them on the floor and put a board between them, this seems to have stopped most of the fighting and the hens seem more settled on the egg.........tonight i looked in on then and both hens are sat happyly on the egg.eggs so i`ll see how they go now rayther than risk loosing the eggs by moveing them........the two pairs are stock birds on loan to me so i do really need to get as many ybs off them as i can.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:21 am

David you have done the best thing mate no worries there
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 4:15 pm

both pairs laid their second egg and seem to be settling down now and eased off fighting each other, altho when a pigeon lands on the loft floor the cocks run out and chase them off...........think i might put a piece of board up at the front to give them a bit of privacy
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 4:18 pm

i would have moved them but thats me everyone to there own
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 4:30 pm

didnt want to risk loosing any of the eggs ian, it could have unsettled them and then i would have lost 4 ybs...............also these two pairs are new to my loft so will still be a bit edgy i should emagine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hens laid on floor...   Hens laid on floor... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hens laid on floor...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next