Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Leeds & District Amalgamation
all help greatly excepted Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:34 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
all help greatly excepted Emptyby David Today at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
all help greatly excepted Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:19 am

» Scandalous .......
all help greatly excepted Emptyby David Today at 9:41 am

» Weather today
all help greatly excepted Emptyby David Today at 9:30 am

» Morgan's new job
all help greatly excepted Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» Another find
all help greatly excepted Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» birds on loan
all help greatly excepted Emptyby oldstrain Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Garlic .......
all help greatly excepted Emptyby Knackered Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:07 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) all help greatly excepted 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 94 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 92 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.all help greatly excepted Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
all help greatly excepted Vote_lcapall help greatly excepted Voting_barall help greatly excepted Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
all help greatly excepted Vote_lcapall help greatly excepted Voting_barall help greatly excepted Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
    Statistics
    We have 1296 registered users
    The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222568 messages in 13998 subjects
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
    all help greatly excepted Winnerofwin
    From Fed Topper to Master Chef
    all help greatly excepted Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
    Top posters
    David
    oldstrain
    Don Webb
    Knackered
    peel bros
    IANYOUNG
    MISTY
    George & Morgan
    Gaz b
    birdy2011

all help greatly excepted

Go down 
    +2
    David
    mickie
    6 posters
    AuthorMessage
    mickie
    In egg (newbie)
    In egg (newbie)

all help greatly excepted Empty
    PostSubject: all help greatly excepted   all help greatly excepted EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 11:41 pm

HI all just acouple of questions, i am getting my new birds tomorrow,how long do i need to keep them caged up as they are used to free flying and i got them from just down the road so dont want them going back. Would it be a good idea to let them go to nest? i was told that if so they would not stray when i do let them out.
    thanx mickie
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: all help greatly excepted   all help greatly excepted EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 11:43 pm

hi mickie, yes if it was me i would get them paired up and then try settle them...........although i have heard fancy birds are pretty easy to home/settle compared with racing pigeons as they tend not to go too far away. scratch
    Back to top Go down
    Alex
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    Alex

PostSubject: Re: all help greatly excepted   all help greatly excepted EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 11:45 pm

Think the fancy birds only fly 3 miles but I could be wrong (other members with them can correct me if i am Laughing )
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: all help greatly excepted   all help greatly excepted EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 11:57 pm

i know you can settle fantails very easily, i think you can virtually let them out within a few days or so........ Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    Don Webb
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: all help greatly excepted   all help greatly excepted EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:06 am

DAVID wrote:
    hi mickie, yes if it was me i would get them paired up and then try settle them...........although i have heard fancy birds are pretty easy to home/settle compared with racing pigeons as they tend not to go too far away. scratch

The one thing i would add to that is when you let them out make sure they are hungary as soon as you shake the tin they will come to you for foood
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: all help greatly excepted   all help greatly excepted EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:08 am

yes get them used to youir methods, sound of the corn tine etc........
    Back to top Go down
    oldstrain
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: all help greatly excepted   all help greatly excepted EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:34 am

hi mickie ,you could put them in a crate or basket outside or on top of the loft a few times so they can have a look about but watch out for cats and hawks so stay with them
    Back to top Go down
    stormqueen
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: all help greatly excepted   all help greatly excepted EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:48 am

hi i would not let them out sitting on eggs you might loose the eggs if they grow to cold if they dont come in i would wait until they youngsters are about 9 to 10 days old they will come back to feed there young Wink
    Back to top Go down
    oldstrain
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: all help greatly excepted   all help greatly excepted EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:02 pm

stormqueen wrote:
    hi i would not let them out sitting on eggs you might loose the eggs if they grow to cold if they dont come in i would wait until they youngsters are about 9 to 10 days old they will come back to feed there young Wink
    yes i would do this also and on the 2nd round
    Back to top Go down
    Don Webb
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: all help greatly excepted   all help greatly excepted EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:02 am

oldstrain wrote:
    stormqueen wrote:
    yes i would do this also and on the 2nd round

Agree 100%
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: all help greatly excepted   all help greatly excepted Empty

Back to top Go down

all help greatly excepted
    Page 1 of 1