Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Are birds faster now...? Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:35 am

» Scandalous .......
Are birds faster now...? Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Are birds faster now...? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Are birds faster now...? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Are birds faster now...? Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Are birds faster now...? Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
Are birds faster now...? Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Morgan's new job
Are birds faster now...? Emptyby Knackered Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:43 pm

» Another find
Are birds faster now...? Emptyby David Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Are birds faster now...? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 99 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 99 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Are birds faster now...? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Are birds faster now...? Vote_lcapAre birds faster now...? Voting_barAre birds faster now...? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Are birds faster now...? Vote_lcapAre birds faster now...? Voting_barAre birds faster now...? Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222577 messages in 14000 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Are birds faster now...? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Are birds faster now...? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Are birds faster now...?

Go down 
+4
kev d
David
peel bros
IANYOUNG
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

Are birds faster now...? Empty
PostSubject: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:21 pm

you go on about old breeds of pigeons which is fair enough but these are the new old breeds if you know what i mean i bet they are not as pure bred as you think , dont you think birds are faster now than they were then , whats your view , i think its down to better medication and understanding of the birds needs , any ideas
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:05 pm

of course the birds are faster ian but how many long distance races can these birds do,you know yourself when these new breed of birds come across a hard day how many get though.even if they do they are not the same.ask any fancier who has had the old breeds and they will tell you a different story,they may do the long races about 3 ,4 or even more times
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:05 pm

good topic ian, ive often thought about this........are birds which are winning from say 500 miles getting higher velocities than they were 30,40 or 50 years ago ?

i know the feed is different and also there are more tonics available but as some top flyers always tell us, success doesnt come from a bottle........ scratch
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:09 pm

[quote="peel bros"]of course the birds are faster ian but how many long distance races can these birds do,you know yourself when these new breed of birds come across a hard day how many get though.even if they do they are not the same.ask any fancier who has had the old breeds and they will tell you a different story,they may do the long races about 3 ,4 or even more times[/quote
the answer to that ray is a lot more because they health and fitness is much better now
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:11 pm

it all must depend on the day tho`, you cant compare them all the same way as the weather could be different or the pigeons might get a bop strike etc.......as we all know a certain % of racing is luck.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:14 pm

DAVID wrote:
good topic ian, ive often thought about this........are birds which are winning from say 500 miles getting higher velocities than they were 30,40 or 50 years ago ?

i know the feed is different and also there are more tonics available but as some top flyers always tell us, success doesnt come from a bottle........ scratch

think you,ll find david a lot of it does
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:20 pm

i dont think it does really ian, some are of the opinion that vitamins for instance do nothing for pigeons at all.....and all this use of garlic and cider vinegar as far as im aware is something which fanciers either beleive works for them or not, i use it but weather it will make any difference to racing performances i dont know.

its no good throwing loads of potions into the water or onto the food and expecting to win, this isnt going to happen unless the fancier is dedicated in his management and has good pigeons.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:24 pm

iam not on about tonics and such iam on about better medications david of cause they are more effective than what was used years ago , are dont you think so
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:33 pm

well, i think there are far more treatments around now than there was 20 years ago......if for instance you are treating for canker there will be a dozen or more makers/brands you can but, whereas years ago there were only maybe a couple, or as we used to do was scrape it out with a matchstick and then rub the phosferous end onto it....
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:36 pm

yes this is exactly what iam on about put todays pigeons against the old ones what do you think will win
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:39 pm

hard to even compare realy i think ian, conditions for every race is different isnt it so cercumstances will alter the outcome of any race wouldnt it...?
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:46 pm

i know where ian is coming from , ive seen quite afew dvd on different flyers from abroad
and its amazing what they do and how they go about treating there birds , the pigeons have more needles in the back of there neck then i have hot dinners , even ronny bigwood on crack it talks about how they go about medicating there birds to get to the top . i think this topic is treading on dodgy ground regarding treatments . but to answer ians question yes the pigeons are faster today there is so much more available
ie money and treatments better lofts we have our own transport for training i could go on and on .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:04 pm

this is getting into the subject of ilegal sustances , as we know some will do anything to win and we also know it does go on because the rpra now do checks dont they....?
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:09 pm

yes they do and the big nationals do as well but only the big money winners ,
we can ask mark on here if his national winner got tested or not last season
would be intresting to know .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:13 pm

yes it would kev, its suprising what some will do just to win isnt it......altho big winners are money makers arnt they by either selling them or breeding from them.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:14 pm

Dont think ians on about those sort of 'treatments' lads, hes on about ones for diseases etc...race enhancing ones can be detected and if suspicion arises then your birds get tested....using things like that you are only cheating yourself, no one else.

Although i dont know what they are medicating them with i do know mine wont be getting it.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:17 pm

yes alex this is what iam on about
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:17 pm

yes alex this is what iam on about
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Alex wrote:
Dont think ians on about those sort of 'treatments' lads, hes on about ones for diseases etc...race enhancing ones can be detected and if suspicion arises then your birds get tested....using things like that you are only cheating yourself, no one else.

Although i dont know what they are medicating them with i do know mine wont be getting it.

are you sure your not 35 alex, you speak more sence than some of us "older members"
lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:19 pm

sometimes i wonder got a good head hell do well
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:22 pm

ian wrote:
sometimes i wonder got a good head hell do well

your right ian, alex is a sensible lad, and ive no doubts he`ll do well when he starts racing........

he`s a big difference from the last young man we had on here isnt he......... lol! (feral)
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:23 pm

if mark is reading this im not saying he was doing any thing under hand lets get that straight he did it
the legal way with good honest birds . ive been in the marking station at the NFC and seen peoples
entry forms totaling 1,000 of £££ and this flyer as been banned from every dog track in the country
so he came in to the pigeon game a blind novice and as been in the top ten of the NFC many times
his he doing it the legal way or not , i know what hes doing but me lips are sealed .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:25 pm

so are his birds getting tested...? and if so how does he get away with it...?
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:28 pm

Thanks for the compliment Ian, and David means alot as i've said before Very Happy

I'm grown up yes but only because you have to be, theres no point messing about not knowing things, I want to do it properly and thats the only way. Its the reason fed members offered to breed me birds, as they know im intrested.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:31 pm

and when you win with the birds given you alex they will say well done because real true pigeon men are like that and love to see others win with birds they give away
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are birds faster now...?   Are birds faster now...? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are birds faster now...?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next