Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» overnight and multiple nights basket
Pics of dons dads loft. Emptyby oldstrain Yesterday at 11:28 pm

» Good Morning
Pics of dons dads loft. Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:00 pm

» Weather today
Pics of dons dads loft. Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:59 am

» RPRA Auction
Pics of dons dads loft. Emptyby David Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

» First post on pigeon categories
Pics of dons dads loft. Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:26 am

» Catching a pigeon
Pics of dons dads loft. Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:25 am

» RPRA Latest .
Pics of dons dads loft. Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:14 pm

» RPRA Levy ?
Pics of dons dads loft. Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:43 am

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
Pics of dons dads loft. Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:35 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Pics of dons dads loft. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 53 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 52 Guests :: 2 Bots

Knackered

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Pics of dons dads loft. Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Pics of dons dads loft. Vote_lcapPics of dons dads loft. Voting_barPics of dons dads loft. Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Pics of dons dads loft. Vote_lcapPics of dons dads loft. Voting_barPics of dons dads loft. Vote_rcap 
barnie
George & Morgan
tanveerhbaig
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221833 messages in 13968 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Pics of dons dads loft. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Pics of dons dads loft. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Pics of dons dads loft.

Go down 
+4
Alex
oldstrain
Don Webb
David
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Pics of dons dads loft. Empty
PostSubject: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:36 pm

here are a couple of photos of dons dads loft and his next door neighbours loft, dons dads id the white loft.

Pics of dons dads loft. Donsloft

Pics of dons dads loft. Donsloft3

Pics of dons dads loft. Donsloft4
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:55 pm

The last two photo's are next doors lofts the last picture is were bobs second rounders go

My dads loft is the youngbird section to the left, widowhood in the centre section and stock section to the right were we had 4 pairs of stock, 12 widow cocks and 40 youngsters

The vents on the door were added later after i finished in the partnership but the louver vents had a plywood board on the inside of the loft to slow the air flow down but also to stop the cocks from seeing pigeons but the board was removed in the winter/moult time

Will say bobs pigeons are the best i have ever seen because he trapped them through the bob wires would not lose a second at all
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:19 am

nice loft there don and i trap through bob wires for my ybs also and it is very quick usualy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:49 pm

hi don, is these pictures taken now or are they old pictures....? does your dad still race to the white loft?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:04 pm

If you look on the picture the date of when they were taken is on there

Yes my Dad still races from this loft and he has not won a prizecard in the last 10 year not trying to be big but the last time my dad won was when i was in partnership with him

If he has won it has been very few and fair between if you know what i mean
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 3:21 am

So thats the lofts you did so well in Don fair play to you and your dad looks a good setup nice and tidy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:58 pm

Dad always like to keep things clean mate the loft was cleaned out twice aday mate early morning and after work mate by me and my dad
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:02 pm

why did you come out of the partnership don , if you don,t mind me asking
and do you miss it at all .
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:07 pm

Great loft and set up Don
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:48 pm

wish mine was that small wouldnt take long to keep clean
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 9:21 pm

is this the loft where you and your dad was fighting don, and the neighbour had to clock in for oyou...?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:36 pm

kev d wrote:
why did you come out of the partnership don , if you don,t mind me asking
and do you miss it at all .

No problem Kev, me and my dad did not see eye to eye, i was a young keen as mustard always in peoples faces asking questions meeting all the top fanciers you name it i did it, i slept, eat, think pigeons all the time

my time came when i was a steward at the old commarades show did that for 8 years meet loads of top fancier Dave Allen, Matt Rakes, Brian Kaid, Mike Fishlock to name a few, tried to use there methods but my dad was not having any of it mate, lets put it this way in the school holidays i woukld be up at 5 o'clock pigeons out, loft cleaned out before my dad went to work and he started at 6 o'clock trained the birds you name it i did it.

But when dad came home he took over which unsettled the pigeons as they were use't to be being there as i did 90% of the work, the time we lost on a saturday pigeons not trapping due to my dad standing there calling them in was a joke

When i passed my driving test had a small ford fiesta van said to my dad shall train the birds now dad as i work for the council can get in work late you take the birds in my van i pay for the fuel you go straight to work i wait for the birds and sort them out am my dad said if i have to go down the motorway to win a race i will pack the sport in then i said well i am finished then

Kev me and my dad were always fighting over them mate it was to much, came out of the partnership still go to all the sales, shows visit freinds and keep in touch of all the new systems as you know once in your blood in for ever

I have a family now mortgage, work commitments and i want to see my young son grow up and give him all the support he needs in life "SOMETHING MY DAD NEVER GAVE ME" and when the time is right then i will have pigeons again

Kev miss this sport loads every saturday am always in the garden looking for birds when the season starts

Hope this has helped you Kev to give you some idear mate, if you need to know anything else just drop me a PM mate anytime

Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 pm

friendsloft wrote:
Great loft and set up Don
Ken

Cheers Ken David has not posted the widowhood hen loft the garden shed lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:41 pm

ian wrote:
wish mine was that small wouldnt take long to keep clean

That's true Ian
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:41 pm

good post don, interesting reading...
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:43 pm

DAVID wrote:
is this the loft where you and your dad was fighting don, and the neighbour had to clock in for oyou...?

Yes David but if you look at the picture the council had 6ft fencing fitted at the time me and my dad were fighting we had a 4 ft fence

But yes that was the loft, a loft has been at that address for over 30 years
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:44 pm

Just tell the truth mate as a few on hear knock me because i have no pigeons so you ask me the reason i tell you the truth

That is the way i have always been
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:46 pm

family come first don, im sure we all agree............
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:49 pm

Yers your right David

But as i always say when i am dead and gone pigeon racing will still be here mate
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:24 pm

you would think so don but with what we read every week in the bhw etc they recon pigeon racing will be finished in the next 10 years or so.......
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:46 am

No mate pigeons will still be here mate it's only the money making bastards that spoil it

You look at Dave Allen of sheffield millionaire 10 times over but you could not meet a nicer bloke and he will tell you how it is mate and even help fanciers out by putting them right

I have seen him bred youngsters for new comers to the sport 10, 15, 20 a time of his best David, he is a top bloke mate
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:50 am

DAVID wrote:
you would think so don but with what we read every week in the bhw etc they recon pigeon racing will be finished in the next 10 years or so.......
lets hope not david but it aint looking to good from where im standing,more are leaving the sport than joining it thats for sure and the exspense of starting up the hawk problem and moaning neighbours and the all year round care the birds need is only for the few.when i was at school we had a loft in the school grounds and this sort of thing could help the sport alot and would be a great project for kids to follow at school,not only this it might bring some respect back for all animals as the way many pets and wildlife are being treated in alot of incidents is shocking.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:12 pm

Think it depends how your bought up if you respect animals or not darren, we've had allsorts of animals/have all sorts...been around them since day 1. and then the same can be said about my parents before me. dont see why more kids arent intrested as i still do things they all do, as well as look after the pigeons so they cant say they dont have time for animals lol.
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:40 pm

thanks for the post don intresting reading , like your self i flew with my dad and he was
stuck in his ways i did every thing like you and i was best mates with a lad same age as me
him and his dad were the top flyers in west yorks , if i was not at my loft i was in theres
learning al the time and i wanted to try things out in our lofts but dad was a bloke who did not like change so
we argued all the time , my mate was always trying to give us top birds but i said no as they would have been wasted in our loft . sadly dads gone now but i now fly in somerset on my own its pure bliss .
cheers don take care , kev
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 7:20 pm

I spent the day with Don at Blackpool, his knowledge of pigeons was unreal, walking round with him we couldent go 5 paces without somebody shaking his hand People ive only read about in stud books etc , the few people i introduced him too have all commented on his knowledge not only on systems but generations of top birds, what i know i can write on a postage stam , what Don knows he could write a book, When he does come back into the sport the rest of us had better watch out hes a true gent and a good friend
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pics of dons dads loft.   Pics of dons dads loft. Empty

Back to top Go down

Pics of dons dads loft.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next