Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
systems..... - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:36 am

» King removes Patronage
systems..... - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 10:33 am

» Weather today
systems..... - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:32 am

» escaped birds return
systems..... - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
systems..... - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
systems..... - Page 2 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
systems..... - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
systems..... - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
systems..... - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) systems..... - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 84 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 82 Guests :: 2 Bots

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.systems..... - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
systems..... - Page 2 Vote_lcapsystems..... - Page 2 Voting_barsystems..... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
systems..... - Page 2 Vote_lcapsystems..... - Page 2 Voting_barsystems..... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222755 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
systems..... - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
systems..... - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

systems.....

Go down 
+2
Don Webb
David
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

systems..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 10:50 pm

Hi David

It is not a race to get a lot of pigeons round you to race but if you have quality you only need a few pigeons around you.

David for me give me 6 widowhood cocks that i know will try every week than have 20 and 14 am also rans or non runners

The sport is for enjoyment nd that is what counts must say Arnie Tonks of Wednesbury is that type of person he loves his birds and puts a lot of time in them and win welll but win or lose he still enjoys the sport.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 11:13 pm

hi don, yes funny you should say that...i was reading about lefebre dhaenens (birds which i have)in a pictorial and it says they only send approx 6 birds per race....so like you say maybe quality is all you need. Smile
if i had raced this year though i dont think 3 pairs would have got me far... lol!
hopefully if i train the few 09 ybs i will have they might race as yearlings next year?
one thing i was wondering about don...the 08 birds i bred last year have never trained, although they were off for a good hour each excercise....as 2year olds next year would they train and race? or would they be too old to start?
thanks, david.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi David
if i was you i would train them like you would young birds and keep them at it, as leaving them in the loft looking pretty will never win you prizes and you will never know if they are any good

David all the best flyers make there pigeons work to keep there perch and by doing this you can see if they will make the grade

Sometimes you have to be hard to be kind just to see the type of bird you have
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 11:27 pm

hi don, yes my friend ken(friendslofts)said i must not treat them as pets, they are there to race....i know you are both right but im too soft with them.
would you train the 08 and 09 all togeather this year and see if i can get them ready to race next year? what will 2 year olds do if they have never raced before?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 11:47 pm

David an old freind Norman Westwood from my area of the Black Country never raced his cocks as young birds but he always raced them from yearlings

But he always trained them but left them to mature and as old birds they would win out of turn

If you don't watch it you will have 1001 pets looking at you and costing the earth to feed them as todays good foods are costly

yes its hard but it will get better and the pigeons you are left with will give you great pleasure, and when you know you can compete with pigeons that will try for you then all the hard work is worth it

Only time will tell when you train and race them but train them well and if you can give them private training and toss them in two's to make them work and use there head, then this will sort out the chaft from the wheat.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 12:06 am

thanks don, i was hoping to start racing next year with ybs but ive realised that the 3, 08 cocks i have and whichever are cocks out of the 9, 09 ybs i have bred for myself will be doing nothing and it would be a waste ...so maybe i could race obs as well just with a small team....
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 12:22 am

Thats it david try them now and this will save a lot of time in waiting for another year and geting disappointed if they don't come up to scratch

It takes time but you will get there in the end with in the next 2 to 3 years you may only have a small team (hope not) but they will be the pigeons everyone will have to beat
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 10:12 pm

looks like ive lost my only yb i had today...i bred 12 for other fanciers but one was not quite up to scratch so i kept it myself as i didnt have the heart to kill it, as it happens it made a good recovery and was making a nice bird but i let it out with my old birds and it dissapeared.....hope it comes back as i have got quite attached to it. Crying or Very sad
ive bred 8 ybs which are in the nest at the moment for myself to breed off next year, so hopefully i will be able to keep hold of them..... sunny
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 10:19 pm

here she(i think) is a couple of weeks ago, she was making a nice bird as well...

systems..... - Page 2 Ybs042
Back to top Go down
littlehen
Hatchling
Hatchling
littlehen

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 10:22 pm

sorry to hear you have lost her david,she might be on your loft in the morning.has she been out before?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 11:35 pm

Looked a nice bird hope it is there in the morning for you mate so sad when you get attached to them and they go missing.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 11:59 pm

thanks don and littlehen, the nestmate is entered in a gold ring race for the fancier who i bred it for...if it had done well i would have had the nestmate to it, but i wont if it doesnt come back. ill be up early in the morning to see if shes around when i let the obs out, she has only been on the platform a couple of times and had a little look round so im not too sure she has took note enough of the surrounds.....
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 12:56 am

Hope she comes back for you but this is what happens with young birds it can not be help or as they say you win some you loss some.
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 3:22 pm

Hi David, she looks a little belter Very Happy .
i had one go missing, had only been out twice up onto the loft. She came back 4 days later, quite thin but no worse for her ordeal.
So fingers crossed she finds her way home......................amanda
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 7:06 pm

hi don and amanda, no luck today, no sign of her....ive lost ybs before and not been happy over it but i had got attached to this one because she was a bit behind the others and at one stage thought about getting rid....but decided to give her a chance.
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2009 12:48 am

I hope she gos into someone locals loft. That way you at least have a chance of getting her back. Did you have a telephone ring on her David?

Its made me think. So ive ordered the coil ones for my birds. Then again they are such little hooligans im sure nobody would want to keep them lol! They mug you as soon as you walk in Laughing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2009 5:22 pm

thats how you want them, with some character about them....few people told me that certain pigeons will be good because they had something about them.

no didnt get address rings, had to wait 30+ days for delivery and couldnt wait....im the sort of person that plants a baby tree and wants it 20ft tall in a season, no patience...... lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2009 11:24 pm

Hi David the best thing i can tell you is take two steps back and one forward and not walk before you can walk
Back to top Go down
littlehen
Hatchling
Hatchling
littlehen

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 11:31 pm

hi david,has the young hen come back yet?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2009 8:29 pm

no littlehen, no sign of her...she wont be coming back now im afraid, shes long gone. will have to cocentrate on the ones i have and make sure they settle ok. Smile
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Hi David

If you still have the parents then hopefully you can breed the same again
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2009 10:51 pm

hi don, yes ive got two 4 days old in the nest off same....the nestmate to the one i lost is entered into a gold ring race by the buyer who bid on it at a charity auction i donated to. Smile
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:28 am

Hi David

Good to see that you are able to bred the same type of pigeon again as this gives you a better chance of seeing how good the birds from this pair are and not just looking good
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 7:31 pm

yes don, i think the fanciers who i bred birds for this season will get the best out of them, if they are capable of winning they will win for them....
if they dont win or do well for them maybe ill be getting new stock...
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 10:04 pm

Hi David why say that about someone else getting the best out of your birds, once you start racing i bet you win and you will put the effort in to get to the top don't put yourself down mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: systems.....   systems..... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

systems.....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next