Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Scandalous .......
chichester peregrines - Page 4 Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
chichester peregrines - Page 4 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
chichester peregrines - Page 4 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Weather today
chichester peregrines - Page 4 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
chichester peregrines - Page 4 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
chichester peregrines - Page 4 Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
chichester peregrines - Page 4 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Morgan's new job
chichester peregrines - Page 4 Emptyby Knackered Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:43 pm

» Another find
chichester peregrines - Page 4 Emptyby David Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) chichester peregrines - Page 4 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 89 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 88 Guests :: 2 Bots

Knackered

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.chichester peregrines - Page 4 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
chichester peregrines - Page 4 Vote_lcapchichester peregrines - Page 4 Voting_barchichester peregrines - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
chichester peregrines - Page 4 Vote_lcapchichester peregrines - Page 4 Voting_barchichester peregrines - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222576 messages in 14000 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
chichester peregrines - Page 4 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
chichester peregrines - Page 4 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

chichester peregrines

Go down 
+17
seanl
Rudderfett
Pigeon Penney
Mick
IANYOUNG
littlehen
Rene A
Paul
Alex
chris perry
oldstrain
highflyerboy
David
wraggy
birdy2011
stormqueen
bikesfred54
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

chichester peregrines - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:06 am

round my house there are loads of squirels rene, they never bother the pigeons or any of the small birds, they do however fight with the magpies quite a lot.
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:11 am

if ya ever find a dead magie in ya garden mate reort the killing to the rspb they can start blaming the squirels then mate lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:32 am

its the magpies that are the main trouble causers rene, they are always having a go at the squirels and the squirels need to defend themselves............... lol!

i hear them most days causing a comotion in the trees near my loft and chasing each other .... lol!
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:49 am

Pigeon Penney wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
yes maybe not much of a threat at the moment but what happens when they evolve within our society and start to exspand like the peregine has ....the peregine is everywhere and can be seen in the skies of every city do you honestly think that the goshawk wont adapt and come into the cities in the years to come ............come off it

Ive have kept ,flown and hunted with both and yes i do believe that , the goshawk is so nervous youd never find one near a populated area .

Believe what you want , i posted on here a possible solution that with campaigning is plausible .

utter rubbish i have watched them hunt chase the birds into wood land then pick the birds off at their leisure they dont kill for
food they kill for fun 100 times worse than percy the rspb like to release these type of birds maybe we should all get together and start releasing some EAGLE OWLS sure in time they would even the score up JMO
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 7:20 am

some one released a egale owl and they got done for it haha
Back to top Go down
http://cing.co.uk/
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 9:12 am

sean that would be a great step in the rite direction if every pigeon club across the country raised the funds to release 1 pair each i think it would make a big dent in the raptor population and i wonder what the cost maybe for each club to do this would be ......i remember a debate not so long ago about whether they were actualy native to this country years ago but the rspb said they were not the thing is the rpra has to stop spending money on shite and spend it on getting as smart as the rspb and looking into things like this also last year a pair of eagle owls were released in west wales and found dead days later having been killed ,no guessing who done the killing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 10:10 am

the rpra are more intereted in organising a drawing competition to celebrate the queens anaversery..............its in the bhw every week asking for entries to be sent in. Twisted Evil

then they bury their heads in the sand when any worthwhile suggestions are put forward re the bop/hawk problem..........

i still believe the rpra donate to the rspb..... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:10 pm

David wrote:
the rpra are more intereted in organising a drawing competition to celebrate the queens anaversery..............its in the bhw every week asking for entries to be sent in. Twisted Evil

then they bury their heads in the sand when any worthwhile suggestions are put forward re the bop/hawk problem..........

i still believe the rpra donate to the rspb..... Twisted Evil

untill a true pigeon man is in charge of the RPRA and the rest of the unions join forces and fight on a united front you have no chance
i am not saying that all the BOP should be culled but they need to be reduced
as they have the country over run in time there will be no song birds then who will the RSPB blame for it the problem will only get worse never better
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:14 pm

has there ever been a true pigeon man as manager of the rpra.....? ive only been back in it 3 years so i only know of this one and the one before him, and by what ive read neither are practiceing pigeon fanciers.
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:21 pm

dunno why people keep talking about this everyone almost pissed off with it yet still not alot are doing things about it see one shoot it simple
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:24 pm

its like anything else chris, people moan and grumble but rather sit and watch x factor and do nothing..............
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:25 pm

i shot one Very Happy over at a club members but shhhhhh haha
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:19 pm

Pigeon Penney wrote:
Im not averting from any facts , i think people blame the demise of songbirds too much on raptors , look i keep both and know about both so i can see what likelyhoods are , YES raptors kill songbirds , YES raptors kill pigeons but so do cats . Youd NEVER find a goshawk in your back garden not unless you live in a country manor , youd seldom find a peregrine there , ok yes the odd sparrowhawk but your more likely to find a cat amongst your pigeons . Yes Peres do kill domestic pigeons the evidence is in the nest theres no denying that but thats the risk of pigeon flying ,at least raptors kill to eat and not just for fun .
I didnt come on here to argue , i came on here to gain knowledge on my reignited pigeon fancying but i couldnt leave this thread alone i had to post my knowledge of the subject of a group of animals im so passionate about , i understand it makes you angry with what therspb have done but your only seeing it from the pigeon fanciers perspective . I only posted to try and educate not to infuriate .

Ps i havent kept pigeons 22 years straight im sure if i had i would have had a few raptor fatalities but how many people can actually say they KNOW a bird that hasnt returned has been killed by a Raptor?

This is an extremely interesting thread, I would just like to bring to your attention the above post. 'Youd never find a Gosshawk in your back garden unless you live in a country manor'
How about, your front garden on a council estate in Preston. I did an article last year, I'll try and find it.
Ive also seen them take street pigeons, in a very small square in the middle of the town centre in Preston.
Where I used to fly from, in the middle of a built up area, I used to visited on a regular basis by Mrs Pregrine, who just loved to take youngbirds straight off the loft. I got so peed off with it, I stuck a pigeon in a small glass fish tank on top of the young bird loft. I have witnesses to this fact, Mrs Peregrine swooped at full speed for the bird, oops she never saw the fish tank.
I think you have certainly put a cat amongst pigeons, with these comments.
A hawk, Raptor, Bird of Prey or whatever else you want to call it. Will have at the top of the Menu 'Racing Pigeon'
Why have mince, when you can have prime steak.
Is it not also a true fact that a cat can't take a racing pigeon in flight on the way home from a race.
I would auction a guess and say 60% of losses are down to raptors.
I used to train at a place called the concrete road in Warrington and the hawks used to just wait until the birds got released, I ve had my birds fly back at me, because mr or mrs hawk has been in hot pursuit.
Just one last thing, I hope you don't keep hawks where your pigeons are going to live, if you do make sure they are cheap ones. Because once you let them out and they see a hawk, they won't come back.
Sorry, just had to add my twopenneth worth. Mad
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
Pigeon Penney
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:31 pm

I see the posts on here and i think 90 % of you dont even care about songbirds which i see as propaganda . No i dont race and maybe i havent seen first hand the severity of some cases and in some areas. As already posted i offered a possible , not solution but something that may help and then members started arguments with me .
The people who want to release non indigneous species(eagle owls) and kill / shoot bops will bring pigeon racing to its knees .
I cant honestly believe that no one see cats as a threat , i know three people with cats all say the same thing , oh fluffy killed this today , tom killed that . The person who said a bops kills for fun clearly does not know what theyre talking about .
Just for everyones information i have recently gone back into pigeon fancying but i dont want to be associated with it if this is what the majority are like . As old strain said , id understand if something was killing my animals , but everytime i fly the gos buzzards come and attack her a friends has been killed by a buzzard , on Tuesday this week i found an injured buzzard but i still caught it and took it to the vets because at the end of the day its a protected species .
The person who admits they have shot these birds ought to be ashamed of yourself it is still a criminal offence nevertheless , it shows how stupid you are that you admit it on an open forum , i personally hope you are caught because then youll be doing time .
Rene im not a numpty , i dont agree with the statement that the deer are reducing songbirds but they are a pest for other reasons but the way you say the next minute theyll be blaming squirrels , squirrels are predatory on songbirds you utter muppet , i feel for some of you but some of the people are uneducated one tracked mind fools .
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:56 pm

I don't care about song birds!
Do you know who I am?
I have wrote for the woodland trust, British heritage, Ive done articles about Brockholes Nature reserve when It first opened, I could bore you all night with the images I've supplied for various magazines.

Propaganda: noun
information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.
the deliberate spreading of such information, rumors, etc.
the particular doctrines or principles propagated by an organization or movement.

Brave words my friend.

chichester peregrines - Page 4 Gf1

chichester peregrines - Page 4 Thrush

Oops don't want to blow my own trumpet.
Back to top Go down
Pigeon Penney
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 12:04 am

Gary ive actually heard of you but it accounts for nothing when you kill proctected species - i really wish to have no more to do with this forum .
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 12:06 am

I never have once killed a protected species in my life. It was dazed and flew away.
Back to top Go down
Pigeon Penney
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 12:10 am

if a peregrine swooped at speed to kill then it would have been killed not dazed pale
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 12:12 am

So your an expert in velocity and impact now. I can assure you it flew off. Do you want names and addresses of witnesses, I can supply these too.
Back to top Go down
Pigeon Penney
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 12:21 am

No but i know that if a Goshawk at flat out speed hitting a window , can kill itself or as a friends did recently break its wing then a peregrine stooping probably over three times the speed hitting a solid object would struggle to ever regain consiousness again let alone fly off .

Im going to retire from this thread now im never going to win this with all you against me ,but not that its a case of winning and losing its a matter of right and wrong - i know where i stand
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 12:25 am

I'm not being nasty mate and I think it is a very interesting debate.
Do you know how fast a pigeon flies. This bird bounded of my patio door being chased and it is very much alive, although it suffer a broken wing
chichester peregrines - Page 4 Th_DSCF8889
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:42 am

awww there tony the gangster pigeon Very Happy dont lie about the broken wing Very Happy i dont care what animal it is or if its protected of not if it gos for my pigeons its the end plain and simple i dont put all my hours in to loving and caring for my birds for somthink to kill them
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 11:29 am

seems like penny pigeon has left the building, did he/she expect to come on here and every pigeon fancier just agree with the usual guff the rspb brainwash their members into believing.....?

its amazing how these people can actually believe what they are saying is true.....

we`ll see anyway...... scratch Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 11:48 am

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Especially when you write big words, like propaganda There is however another two massive words, nope it's not infinite or elastic. It's libel and defamation. study
[quote]To recover in a libel or slander suit, the plaintiff must show evidence of four elements: that the defendant conveyed a defamatory message; that the material was published, meaning that it was conveyed to someone other than the plaintiff; that the plaintiff could be identified as the person referred to in the defamatory material; and that the plaintiff suffered some injury to his or her reputation as a result of the communication. scratch

To prove that the material was defamatory, the plaintiff must show that at least one other person who saw or heard it understood it as having defamatory meaning. It is necessary to show not that all who heard or read the statement understood it to be defamatory, but only that one person other than the plaintiff did so. Therefore, even if the defendant contends that the communication was a joke, if one person other than the plaintiff took it seriously, the communication is considered defamatory.[i][b]
Oh dear. lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 11:51 am

do you thing we upset or hurt he`s/she`s feelings............ scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

chichester peregrines
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next