Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Pigeon fanciers lung... Emptyby oldstrain Today at 2:00 pm

» Good Morning
Pigeon fanciers lung... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Pigeon fanciers lung... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
Pigeon fanciers lung... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Pigeon fanciers lung... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Pigeon fanciers lung... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Pigeon fanciers lung... Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Pigeon fanciers lung... Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Pigeon fanciers lung... Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Pigeon fanciers lung... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 95 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 94 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Pigeon fanciers lung... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Pigeon fanciers lung... Vote_lcapPigeon fanciers lung... Voting_barPigeon fanciers lung... Vote_rcap 
David
Pigeon fanciers lung... Vote_lcapPigeon fanciers lung... Voting_barPigeon fanciers lung... Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222607 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Pigeon fanciers lung... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Pigeon fanciers lung... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Pigeon fanciers lung...

Go down 
+3
kev d
Don Webb
David
7 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Pigeon fanciers lung... Empty
PostSubject: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:41 pm

can our members give their opinions on how someone with PFL can continue to keep/race their birds....ie face mask, loft coat etc

what precautions or advise could you give someone.......?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:45 pm

The best thing for me to say is to keep you loft very well ventilated which will prevent any plumage from hanging in the air within the loft

Take a look at the pigeon scribe Keith Mott he has PFL and if you need advice send him an email
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:48 pm

thanks for your advise don, just trying to gather information from our members which might help fanciers with PFL keep going with their pigeons.....

any more tips/info.....?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:50 pm

No more sorry but keith is the one to place a few more idears your way mate
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:52 pm

make sure you change your cloths every time you go in the loft , keep them in a avairy loft with a solid roof
so the dust go straight out you can stop the rain from going in by having a big over hang

Last edited by kev d on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:53 pm

i had a mate who got that david he got one of them breathing helmet things
it did help when in the loft but he was told only to spend short times in the loft ie 30 mins them come out for a while and that helped him carry on but you could tell when he didnt wear it he used to go dizy he never knew he had it till he took a test at blackpool
maybe we should all wear a paper mask at least
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:06 pm

just been speaking to my brother on the phone, hes had it for 25 years and wears masks etc......he told me to start wearing one as he said im always clearing my throat .......... scratch study
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:13 pm

well as your blood related david i think you be wise to wear one

im wondering if its a bit like that asbestose thing where by it grows in the lungs

funny ive just remebered something i heard a guy at our club a few weeks ago

he wasnt a pigeon man but said to me how come none of you lot wear mask i said i never give it a thouht mate he said well i studdy and sell masks for all sorts he told me that its only just not long come to lite that cement or plaster cant remember dose the same thing

theres something in it that grows in the lungs
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:21 pm

sounds familiar that graham scratch seem to remember hearing something similar many years ago when i was an apprentice......... study

i think one of the symptums are tiredness as well as feeling as tho you have the flu type of symptums....altho as you have said, some dohnt even know they have got it........strange eh.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:25 pm

funny you say that david the reason he had the test at blackpool was because he always felt tired after going in to the loft

ide just like to point out he was a fit guy dosnt drink and never smoked
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:30 pm

to be honest im tired all the time and feel drained even when i get up on a morning im knackered.............ive never drank or smoked either. scratch pale No

i suppose i could have a slight touch of it but unless it really bothers me i`ll plod on as normal.....altho i will start to wear a mask when cleaning out.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:34 pm

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:45 pm

very interesting reading graham, altho im tired i dont have flu-like symptums........plus i dont actually spend too much time sat in the loft with the birds, so i should be ok and will wear a mask when scraping out in future as it does sometimes get a bit dusty anyway.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:17 am

the helmet was designed for dry liners as the fine dust contains quartz and is very harmful made by gypsum who makes plaster and plasterboard and cement
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:18 pm

thats the ones darren gypsom is right next door to me
ill ask that young lad if i see him again what he was trying to say about whats in plater and cement
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:28 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
thats the ones darren gypsom is right next door to me
ill ask that young lad if i see him again what he was trying to say about whats in plater and cement
yes would be good to know as i worked with the stuff for long enough ,im sure they dont tell us the half of it
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 2:03 pm

well what im doing to my new loft is adding in 2 extractor fans into it due to i dont get alot of air flow in my garden but ill also wear a mask
Back to top Go down
http://cing.co.uk/
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 2:04 pm

also ill be adding in to air purfiers
Back to top Go down
http://cing.co.uk/
Paul
Hatchling
Hatchling
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:55 pm

I remember reading a good article written by Keith Mott and his rabbit hutch lofts, if I remember basically his set up was a lot of rabbit hutch style nest boxes where each pair lived in the box, he didnt enter the box due to the size meaning he was never going to be affected again by the dust, suppose after reading that it gave me an idea to build my small loft (my avatar pic) whereby my whole front opens up and I cant enter due to size but gives me peace of mind.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:27 pm

Paul wrote:
I remember reading a good article written by Keith Mott and his rabbit hutch lofts, if I remember basically his set up was a lot of rabbit hutch style nest boxes where each pair lived in the box, he didnt enter the box due to the size meaning he was never going to be affected again by the dust, suppose after reading that it gave me an idea to build my small loft (my avatar pic) whereby my whole front opens up and I cant enter due to size but gives me peace of mind.

That is spot on about Keith's rabbit style lofts but he has changed his loft now if you look in the homing world because his level of lung capasity has got better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon fanciers lung...   Pigeon fanciers lung... Empty

Back to top Go down

Pigeon fanciers lung...
Page 1 of 1