Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Advice on natural cocks please Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» Weather today
Advice on natural cocks please Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Advice on natural cocks please Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
Advice on natural cocks please Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Advice on natural cocks please Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Advice on natural cocks please Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Advice on natural cocks please Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Advice on natural cocks please Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Advice on natural cocks please Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Advice on natural cocks please 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 105 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 104 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Advice on natural cocks please Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Advice on natural cocks please Vote_lcapAdvice on natural cocks please Voting_barAdvice on natural cocks please Vote_rcap 
David
Advice on natural cocks please Vote_lcapAdvice on natural cocks please Voting_barAdvice on natural cocks please Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222604 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Advice on natural cocks please Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Advice on natural cocks please Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Advice on natural cocks please

Go down 
+2
lvlasked
nikkimass35
6 posters
AuthorMessage
nikkimass35
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

Advice on natural cocks please Empty
PostSubject: Advice on natural cocks please   Advice on natural cocks please EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 12:42 pm

Hi all im after some advice please. i have my last channel race this saturday from 360 miles. The birds will be going tonight, My problem is my best 2 channel birds are feeding small youngsters 1 of them is feeding 5 day old baby and the other 3 day old baby. The cock are in fantastic condition winning 1st and 3rd club 2 weeks ago from le mans. Do you think its a risk sending them while they are feeding milk to the youngsters or do you think they will be ok. Look forward to your advice. Cheers Mass
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Advice on natural cocks please   Advice on natural cocks please EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 1:40 pm

as i have not started to race yet i carnt reali help but i carnt see why it would hurt both parents feed young so i carnt see the problem
Back to top Go down
http://cing.co.uk/
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Advice on natural cocks please   Advice on natural cocks please EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:46 pm

hi mass, im only a novice but in my opinion feeding a yb at this age shouldnt effect the bird if it is sent racing..........it would motivate it in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Advice on natural cocks please   Advice on natural cocks please EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:27 pm

Very Happy Hi Mate I wouldnt personally worry it comes down to knowing your birds inside out for natural flying, If the cocks dont show any problems normally when feeding and fly ok around the place then no problem sending them, birds are all different and fly better to certain conditions, some of my cocks fly better with a large youngster, others sitting eggs, but as for crop milk its a natural process which the bird can contend with naturally.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Advice on natural cocks please   Advice on natural cocks please EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:45 pm

i agree altough never been much of a natural flyer i to found that cocks racing to big young and chasing the hen did well
as for crop milk it may come in handy for a hard race its all formed inside the bird
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Advice on natural cocks please   Advice on natural cocks please EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 11:56 pm

I would agree with Martyn and Graham, there should be no worries the only thing i would say is to add a little motivation is remove the hen for 3 days so the cocks are looking after the youngsters just gives them something to think about when in the race basket

The same can be done with the hens also it just makes the birds think when they are in the basket there is no one home to feed the youngsters

But when the partners are in the race basket just allow the other cock or hen back in to feed the youngster and remove just as the race birds return
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice on natural cocks please   Advice on natural cocks please Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice on natural cocks please
Page 1 of 1