Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
YBs still ranging... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:05 am

» Weather today
YBs still ranging... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:42 am

» King removes Patronage
YBs still ranging... Emptyby David Yesterday at 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
YBs still ranging... Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
YBs still ranging... Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
YBs still ranging... Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
YBs still ranging... Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
YBs still ranging... Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
YBs still ranging... Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) YBs still ranging... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 104 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 103 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.YBs still ranging... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
YBs still ranging... Vote_lcapYBs still ranging... Voting_barYBs still ranging... Vote_rcap 
David
YBs still ranging... Vote_lcapYBs still ranging... Voting_barYBs still ranging... Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222765 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
YBs still ranging... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
YBs still ranging... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

YBs still ranging...

Go down 
+2
stormqueen
David
6 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

YBs still ranging... Empty
PostSubject: YBs still ranging...   YBs still ranging... EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:06 am

my ybs are still going off ranging for an hour or more even tho they have been training and have started racing............ is this ok or shouldnt they be doing this scratch
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: YBs still ranging...   YBs still ranging... EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:11 am

our birds are doing this ever time we let them out david.
i would think thats a good sign your birds must be fit david.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: YBs still ranging...   YBs still ranging... EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:15 am

yes i let mine out sunday morning john, they had been racing the day befre and i expected them to potter around the garden and gat a bath...........but as soon as i opened the door they flew out and went off for an hour, they did the same monday morning too altho the evening fly is usually only about 30 mins as im training tue,wed and thursday.......

maybe they will stop doing this when the distance gets further eh ?
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: YBs still ranging...   YBs still ranging... EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:21 am

we dont let our birds out on sunday after a race.
just something we have allwas done.
but when the racing starts we only train them 1 day a week.
dont no if this is the way to do it but thats how we do it.
and only out for an hour to an hour and a half a day.

Last edited by stormqueen on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: YBs still ranging...   YBs still ranging... EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:24 am

its good for them to do that as far as im aware david
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: YBs still ranging...   YBs still ranging... EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:28 am

ah right john, the top flyer in my club stops training his ybs once racing has started.......and the other top flyer still trains so i suppose it depends on the individual eh ? im sure when ybs do go ranging tho it is good for them as they get a good look around the area and maybe they could travel miles away from the loft.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: YBs still ranging...   YBs still ranging... EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:29 am

Alex wrote:
its good for them to do that as far as im aware david

yes i would emagine it would be alex, the thing im wondering is that maybe it wouldnt be good for them once the distance got further....? scratch
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: YBs still ranging...   YBs still ranging... EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:34 am

i would think so david.
we have still got about 14 young birds to train yet.
so we will take the birds that have been racing out for a train. with the 14 young birds this week just to get them going.
thats me off to bed know.
good night to all.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: YBs still ranging...   YBs still ranging... EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:24 am

David wrote:
my ybs are still going off ranging for an hour or more even tho they have been training and have started racing............ is this ok or shouldnt they be doing this scratch
most of mine are still doing this .its just the paired up one that do,nt
Back to top Go down
Paul Thomson
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: YBs still ranging...   YBs still ranging... EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Mine are still going away for 10 - 15 minutes at a time. They are starting to exercise better now they have been separated.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: YBs still ranging...   YBs still ranging... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 1:32 pm

Very Happy Yes Mine are ding the same, and I was thinking the same thing, usually my birds dont fly too much once they trin and race. but this year they are ranging, but not as long as yours mine go off for about 35 or 40 minutes. It means we are doing something right as unhealthy birds sit on roofes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YBs still ranging...   YBs still ranging... Empty

Back to top Go down

YBs still ranging...
Page 1 of 1