Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
Ranging youngsters Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:37 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Ranging youngsters Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:13 pm

» Good Morning
Ranging youngsters Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» Weather today
Ranging youngsters Emptyby oldstrain Today at 10:53 am

» good luck weekend
Ranging youngsters Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
Ranging youngsters Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Ranging youngsters Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Ranging youngsters Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Ranging youngsters Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Ranging youngsters 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 94 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 93 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Ranging youngsters Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Ranging youngsters Vote_lcapRanging youngsters Voting_barRanging youngsters Vote_rcap 
David
Ranging youngsters Vote_lcapRanging youngsters Voting_barRanging youngsters Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222593 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Ranging youngsters Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Ranging youngsters Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Ranging youngsters

Go down 
+2
oldstrain
Rudderfett
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

Ranging youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Ranging youngsters   Ranging youngsters EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 10:35 pm

A few weeks ago I think David mentioned about when to train youngsters and asked about ranging and did everyone think they needed to before training..
At the time I said that my birds never seem to range much as I don't let them out much until a few weeks or a month before training starts so they don't range before I train.

However now I have started to get them out ready for training they are ranging like I have never seen before, basically forget letting them out for an average fly these birds are flying for hours.

I let them out the other day about 8.30 and they didn't come back for three and a half hours, then today the first rounders went out in the morning and 1 hour 50 min later they returned.
Later today I put the second rounders out I don't know where they went but just about an hour ago they came back when it was getting dark, they were so tired they were wobbly and wings hanging as if they had just come from a 200 miler.

Problem is I am loosing them 1 at a time they are going off and every time I seem to loose 1 or 2, tonight its 2 away.
I have been training a few times up to 3 miles and that was going well until the other night, I let them go 3 miles away, they ended up flying 8 miles to another town where our secretary saw them circle his house picked up some of his youngsters and they came back to my loft an hour later?

Has anyone seen youngsters fly like this before?? some say its good and I should be glad they fly that long, but I cant get a routeen with them because I never now when they will come back, and I am loosing 1 every day seems like.
They are so unpredictable Im a bit confused by it all plus because we have so man falcons around here that's why Im loosing a few they go away so far they are getting hit.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Ranging youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranging youngsters   Ranging youngsters EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 10:42 pm

well the longer their in the air the longer they are a target martyn...but when they have had a hit when ranging in my experience they come back strung out not in a kit ...a few would at least
Back to top Go down
white rose lofts
Chipping
Chipping

Ranging youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranging youngsters   Ranging youngsters EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 10:49 pm

i would seroiusly get these ybs in the basket and not to 3 miles that's insulting their inteligence. if they are ranging for 3 hours averaging 40 mph then they have flown 120 miles, i would take them out to 25 miles and keep them there till they are coming straight home, i hope you have a good yb season best of luck
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

Ranging youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranging youngsters   Ranging youngsters EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 11:24 pm

That's what a friend said to me they went off for a fly when I trained them as it was too close by.??
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Ranging youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranging youngsters   Ranging youngsters EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 11:25 pm

white rose lofts wrote:
i would seroiusly get these ybs in the basket and not to 3 miles that's insulting their inteligence. if they are ranging for 3 hours averaging 40 mph then they have flown 120 miles,  i would take them out to 25 miles and keep them there till they are coming straight home, i hope you have  a good yb season best of luck

I would have to agree if they are ranging then they are well past 3 miles
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Ranging youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranging youngsters   Ranging youngsters EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 12:25 am

Weather here today. 90 f humidity 88. Strong winds, pea sized hail. Thunderstorms. Earlier young birds were ranging quite a few miles before the storm it. I start at 12 miles when 3rd flight is dropped. About 2 or more weeks.Do not wait for the later bred ones. Coming good from 12 then double up the distance. They must know the area by now. After all my problems with raptors and critters not a hawk in sight last 4 weeks. Actually would welcome one. Makes them sharper. Just the odd Bald Eagle around which is not a threat. Start at a good distance. Lose them now or later. Sorry to hear of your falcon problem.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Ranging youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranging youngsters   Ranging youngsters EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 8:03 am

white rose lofts wrote:
i would seroiusly get these ybs in the basket and not to 3 miles that's insulting their inteligence. if they are ranging for 3 hours averaging 40 mph then they have flown 120 miles,  i would take them out to 25 miles and keep them there till they are coming straight home, i hope you have  a good yb season best of luck

I consider  Smile Smile this post deserves some thought/consideration Rudd.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ranging youngsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranging youngsters   Ranging youngsters Empty

Back to top Go down

Ranging youngsters
Page 1 of 1