Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
jansens pure whites????????????? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:05 am

» Weather today
jansens pure whites????????????? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:42 am

» King removes Patronage
jansens pure whites????????????? Emptyby David Yesterday at 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
jansens pure whites????????????? Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
jansens pure whites????????????? Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
jansens pure whites????????????? Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
jansens pure whites????????????? Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
jansens pure whites????????????? Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
jansens pure whites????????????? Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) jansens pure whites????????????? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 84 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 82 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.jansens pure whites????????????? Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
jansens pure whites????????????? Vote_lcapjansens pure whites????????????? Voting_barjansens pure whites????????????? Vote_rcap 
David
jansens pure whites????????????? Vote_lcapjansens pure whites????????????? Voting_barjansens pure whites????????????? Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222765 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
jansens pure whites????????????? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
jansens pure whites????????????? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

jansens pure whites?????????????

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dublin40
Chipping
Chipping
dublin40

jansens pure whites????????????? Empty
PostSubject: jansens pure whites?????????????   jansens pure whites????????????? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:27 pm

i was told today by a guy 30 years in pigeons he never heard of pure white jansens .as i taught i had 2 pure whites now not sure is he right???????????
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: jansens pure whites?????????????   jansens pure whites????????????? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:02 pm

think some of the roland janssens are white..............maybe wrong tho scratch
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: jansens pure whites?????????????   jansens pure whites????????????? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:08 pm

yes your rite david some of the roland janssens are white or white grizzle never heard of the janssen bros having whites though
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: jansens pure whites?????????????   jansens pure whites????????????? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:19 pm

i was told by mark brown that the roland janssens are a totally different bloodline/breed to the janssen bros, acording to mark the name janssen in belgium is as popular as smith in the uk, so a lot of fanciers are wrongly assuming that all the various types of janssens are from the famous janssen brothers, which they are not.
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: jansens pure whites?????????????   jansens pure whites????????????? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi David, yes the Roland Janssens are of an entirely different origin to the Janssen bros of Arendonk. There are a lot of colours in the strain so for example I have paired a White grizzle RJ hen to almost white RJ cockbird he has a little red grizzel colour too.

from this pairing I have bred Mealys, Grizzles (white, and red) , Blue pieds, and white pigeons with black wing tips. Never a pure white always at least a small black or red spot or spots on them but beautifully muscled and aggressive birds.

I will let you know how they race here in the Algarve in March as our season begins later this year. Kev

This article may shed some light on white janssen bros birds
http://thenational.us/cms/node/13
Back to top Go down
http://www.algarvepigeonracing.webs.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: jansens pure whites?????????????   jansens pure whites????????????? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:31 pm

hi kev, thanks for the info....found it interesting rerading. will also be interested in hearing how you do when your racing starts, will it be the old birds forst like us ?
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: jansens pure whites?????????????   jansens pure whites????????????? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi David there is no YB racing here so yes iit will be Obs but there are special yearling only races too.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: jansens pure whites?????????????   jansens pure whites????????????? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:01 pm

ah right, didnt know there was no yb racing over there.........so what do you do with the ybs ? just train them for when they are yearlings etc ?

also how many oldbird races will you have ?
Back to top Go down
dublin40
Chipping
Chipping
dublin40

PostSubject: jansens   jansens pure whites????????????? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 10:17 pm

thanks 4 the info lads
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: jansens pure whites?????????????   jansens pure whites????????????? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi David, last season was my 1st in the Algarve so it was all new to me but the season began in January and finished in early July. The birds race every week starting at 170 miles(the shortest race in our Fed) We end up at Barcelona and Dax (we had the good fortune to win) at 1000 KM or 620 miles. the races are velocidade, Meo fundo, Fundo and Grande Fundo, sprint, middle, long distance and super long distance.

They have 2 or even 3 races on the same day at different distances so plenty of races that is why the Portuguese have large teams of birds as there are so many races. 200 or more birds is normal here.

Yearlings can race with the older birds but also they have Yearling Classics where only yearlings are competing, They dont have YB racing in the Algarve but a lot of latebreds that are still ybs really race in the yearling races. In other words any bird rung with a 2011 ring cannot race untill 2012.

This year it is different as races begin in March 2012 due to the shooting season here where tourists that come to Portugal to shoot have pop at everything that moves and a lot of birds were wounded or killed last year.

Oh I forgot to say the young birds are trained up ready to race as the first race is 170 miles, the club supply cheap training for any members that want to send starting at 40 miles to around 140 miles.

Last season I used the club training and trained our own (I singled every yb up at 50 miles, but this time i am only going to train our own ybs as I want to see if I can train them to come through a valley between the mountains so I dont want them learning bad habits from other training places. Time will tell if it can be done but I have to try as it is logical to try to save 10 mins or more if one will take a shortcut from the rest of the Fed, lol
Kev.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: jansens pure whites?????????????   jansens pure whites????????????? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:34 pm

allways interesting how things are done in other countries thanks for doing the write up atb for future racing in portugal kev Wink
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: jansens pure whites?????????????   jansens pure whites????????????? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:19 pm

Nice bit of info Kev, hope all is well mate long time no speak
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: jansens pure whites?????????????   jansens pure whites????????????? EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:17 am

Hi Don, great to hear from you and thanks, Im in the UK flying in around 4 hours so wont be online till 18th Sep. My mate didnt know the answer to the hession question but Im in Blackpool a few days and I will ask around, lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jansens pure whites?????????????   jansens pure whites????????????? Empty

Back to top Go down

jansens pure whites?????????????
Page 1 of 1