Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Been out and about this week. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:39 am

» escaped birds return
Been out and about this week. Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:22 am

» good luck weekend
Been out and about this week. Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
Been out and about this week. Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:10 am

» Good Morning
Been out and about this week. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:15 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Been out and about this week. Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
Been out and about this week. Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Been out and about this week. Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Been out and about this week. Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Been out and about this week. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 108 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 108 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Been out and about this week. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Been out and about this week. Vote_lcapBeen out and about this week. Voting_barBeen out and about this week. Vote_rcap 
David
Been out and about this week. Vote_lcapBeen out and about this week. Voting_barBeen out and about this week. Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222665 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Been out and about this week. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Been out and about this week. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Been out and about this week.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

Been out and about this week. Empty
PostSubject: Been out and about this week.   Been out and about this week. EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:24 am

This week, I decided to to take a break from the norm, as me and my mate have been going through the same old pettiness of selecting pairings. So I decided, it was time to go and clear my head a little.
So I went and called on a few fanciers I know in locality.
I don't really know, if it's me that's insane or them.
We got onto the subject of selecting pairings to produce their race teams.
The same old lines are still doing the rounds.
'I pair my best to the best. Sleep But what if you haven't had a winner for the past three or four years Question
Another cracker, I have just recently heard, was when I asked one guy, why he chose a particular pairing. I was astounded by his reply. This pair was so mixed matched, it wouldn't have took a person with great eyesight to see it.
His reply was, 'They came from the same loft.' bounce
Maybe, I may, be a little eccentric, where it comes to pairing birds. Sometimes, I may just get a feeling about a particular pair of birds, but this intuition has served me well over the years.
Don't get me wrong I am no expert, but I do follow a certain criteria.
I believe, for one, colour is is irrelevant and a good bird can be any colour. But I am a great believer that, both the cock and hen should compliment each other in some way. Such as, short bird/ long bird, big bird/small bird. Never pair big birds to big birds. A hen with a cocky sort of head pair to a cock with a henny sort of head and so on.
One fancier even had his loft so tightly locked down, the whole place smelled of damp and it was as stuffy as hell a few of his birds looked a bit worse for wear. When I asked why he didn't take the shutters off, he replied it's too cold for them and they might catch a chill study
I think I might need to go back to being a recluse scratch

Last edited by Gary Burgess on Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Been out and about this week.   Been out and about this week. EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:19 am

interesting gary........ lol!

its the same when you sit at the clubhouse waiting for the clocks to be read, the gems which come out of some peoples mouths are priceless, and they wonder why its been the same two members winning virtually every race for the past 10 years............... lol!
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: Been out and about this week.   Been out and about this week. EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:25 pm

Have you ever tried to offer them help? Or a little constructive criticism Evil or Very Mad
The old saying comes to mind. 'You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.'
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Been out and about this week.   Been out and about this week. EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 3:31 pm

im only a novice myself gary, but to be honest i wouldnt waste my time trying to tell them anything, even if i could give any constructive advise.

some dont want to listen and progress. they would rather stick to the same old methods which they have done for years...........with no success.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: Been out and about this week.   Been out and about this week. EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:15 pm

I know your right, but I just hate to see good stock go to waste.
I think maybe, they may just want to make the numbers up every week.
Pigeons in poor health can only breed one thing. TROUBLE and Baytril abuse.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Been out and about this week.   Been out and about this week. EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:38 pm

Gary Burgess wrote:
I know your right, but I just hate to see good stock go to waste.
I think maybe, they may just want to make the numbers up every week.
Pigeons in poor health can only breed one thing. TROUBLE and Baytril abuse.

Spot on there Gary
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: Been out and about this week.   Been out and about this week. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:44 am

I think my mate is slowly falling in that category, judging his behaviour this week. lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Been out and about this week.   Been out and about this week. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:21 pm

Gary Burgess wrote:
I think my mate is slowly falling in that category, judging his behaviour this week. lol!

give him a clip round the ear gary............. lol!
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: Been out and about this week.   Been out and about this week. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:23 pm

I'll just leave him cleaning out and feeding for two weeks.
I think he's out of the woods now so to speak and getting a little over confident. So may be time to get on with my own loft and things..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been out and about this week.   Been out and about this week. Empty

Back to top Go down

Been out and about this week.
Page 1 of 1