Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
DARKNESS YBS..... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:23 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
DARKNESS YBS..... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 pm

» Good Morning
DARKNESS YBS..... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 5:15 pm

» escaped birds return
DARKNESS YBS..... Emptyby David Today at 1:51 pm

» good luck weekend
DARKNESS YBS..... Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
DARKNESS YBS..... Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
DARKNESS YBS..... Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
DARKNESS YBS..... Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
DARKNESS YBS..... Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) DARKNESS YBS..... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 92 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 92 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.DARKNESS YBS..... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
DARKNESS YBS..... Vote_lcapDARKNESS YBS..... Voting_barDARKNESS YBS..... Vote_rcap 
David
DARKNESS YBS..... Vote_lcapDARKNESS YBS..... Voting_barDARKNESS YBS..... Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222679 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
DARKNESS YBS..... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
DARKNESS YBS..... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

DARKNESS YBS.....

Go down 
+3
IANYOUNG
stormqueen
David
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 7:31 pm

could members who put ybs onto the darkness system tell us if they go straight onto the dark from weaning, or later on at some point.......and if so why? thanks, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 7:43 pm

david once they are weened and eating and drinking for a week then darken them down
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 7:46 pm

yes good advise
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 7:48 pm

david i put my young birds on the darkness when the clocks go forward, my reason is the birds are bred early more dark that day light hours, so techncaly they are already on the darkness, 50/50, so when the clocks go forward daylight be comes longer than darkness so this is when i put mind onto the darkness to regulate the time differance back to 50/50
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:01 pm

hi ken, so when ybs are on the dark what sort of times do you open in the morning and close up for the night..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:07 pm

david these times work for me because of my work hours, My wife opens the loft up at 12 midday, reason for this i can come home from work work let them out and stop them from forming bad habbits, the loft is closed down at 22hours yes i know its dark by then in the early weeks, but you are not putting them under undue distress by suddenley going from day light to pitch black in seconds
Ken
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:07 pm

friendsloft wrote:
david i put my young birds on the darkness when the clocks go forward, my reason is the birds are bred early more dark that day light hours, so techncaly they are already on the darkness, 50/50, so when the clocks go forward daylight be comes longer than darkness so this is when i put mind onto the darkness to regulate the time differance back to 50/50
Ken

Technically your spot on Ken, but I always put mine on straight away, In the main to get me back in the habit of doing it again Laughing Laughing

It is only for a week or two though

regards

fred
Back to top Go down
http://www.eliteoffsetprinters.co.uk
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:51 pm

Fred u say for only aweek or two why is that
Ken
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 9:08 pm

I tend to wean them early in March, which is normally a couple of weeks before the clocks go back

regards

fred
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 9:09 pm

friendsloft wrote:
Fred u say for only aweek or two why is that
Ken

sorry a week or two before you have to

hope this makes sense

regards

fred
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 9:11 pm

Thanks Fred i understand
Ken
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 9:12 pm

do they still hold there flights for national fred
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 9:15 pm

hi fred, so would you pair up approx in mid january ? and is this all your birds or ones intended for distance racing? hope you dont mind me asking but im trying to learn different ideas and methods of different fanciers.... Very Happy thanks.
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 9:18 pm

Hi ian

I fly North Road at the present, so its the combine for me, they normally have 7 or 6 to go by the 16th of september, so no problems for me, any further in the moult and they will start to go soft in the feather

regards

fred
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 9:22 pm

DAVID wrote:
hi fred, so would you pair up approx in mid january ? and is this all your birds or ones intended for distance racing? hope you dont mind me asking but im trying to learn different ideas and methods of different fanciers.... Very Happy thanks.

To be honest with you David, I try all different methods with them, some are not as good as others, next year I will be pairing one lot up on the 1st of Jan (dry pairing at the moment) along with my stock birds, and my combine birds will be raced dry

hope this helps
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 9:23 pm

cheers fred i put mine on the dark for around 11 weeks they look like yearlings by the time they start racing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 8:22 pm

hi ian, what time do you open your lofts in the morning, and close at night ? i would have thought with it simulating the hours of winter it would be open at approx 8 am and close at approx 4 pm..... scratch
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 8:24 pm

yes david thats right half hour either way doesnt matter
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 8:40 pm

ian, so if i run to these sort of times it should be fairly ok ?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 8:49 pm

yes david you,ll be fine dont forget take them of the dark on the longest day
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 9:08 pm

so did you have yours on dark for roughly about 11 weeks did you say ?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 9:28 pm

yes david
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 10:20 pm

The best young bird system i have seen was "Steve Van Breeman" video and he has a large amount of pigeons in a small loft
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 10:27 pm

For me if you are going to use the darkness system you need two teams for if you breed very early you will find them start moulting before the end of the season

But if you have two teams then you can fly the complete season with good feathered pigeons not saying you cannot fly with your first rounders, but you have a better chance with the second rounders
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 10:45 pm

im not sure and ken will correct me but i think i remember ken telling me something along those lines......that even darkness ybs can start tomoult befor the yb season finishes. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DARKNESS YBS..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: DARKNESS YBS.....   DARKNESS YBS..... Empty

Back to top Go down

DARKNESS YBS.....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next