Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
opinions on pippa Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
opinions on pippa Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:13 pm

» Good Morning
opinions on pippa Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:15 pm

» escaped birds return
opinions on pippa Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:51 pm

» good luck weekend
opinions on pippa Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
opinions on pippa Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
opinions on pippa Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
opinions on pippa Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
opinions on pippa Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) opinions on pippa 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 64 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 64 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.opinions on pippa Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
opinions on pippa Vote_lcapopinions on pippa Voting_baropinions on pippa Vote_rcap 
David
opinions on pippa Vote_lcapopinions on pippa Voting_baropinions on pippa Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222679 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
opinions on pippa Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
opinions on pippa Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

opinions on pippa

Go down 
+4
David
Alex
birdy2011
Rudderfett
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Very Happy I was wondering what fellow fanciers on this forum thought about the website pippa, firstly I have no intention knocking this well organised and excellant website that I spend hours on reading articles and reports.

Its just that there seems to be dozens of auctions a month selling what looks like hundreds of birds each week, and everyone on there seems to be selling thier best breeders and racers, also total auctions minus ybs ever time. Now firstly I want to know why are they seeling all these so called winners and breeders of winners except for the obvious money!!!

But the most important thing I want to know is who the hell is bidding on these birds they are selling for thousands not hundreds most of the time. I have seen auctions open with 10 days to go and within an hour someone has bid 300 and up to 1500 quid, missing all the numbers in bettween like its a game almost like monopoly money.

Does anyone go on this site other than me, and think the same as me or am I being a wally?
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 6:58 pm

i go on but to be honest its all the chinks bidding they buy anything

mind you premier stud bid up to 50 thousand euro for 1 on there now

just a better version of english sites getting rid of the sh**e
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:05 pm

Very Happy like I said not knocking it or the birds, there are some special birds for sale sometimes, and crap obviously but cant believe the prices.lol
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:14 pm

its becomming a joke there pricing the average working man out now

same with horses and greyhounds and if they fail they wont miss the money they just buy the next lot
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:21 pm

get the chinese bidding and im sorry you dont have a chance lol they will keep going and going.

if i was spending thousands like that id like to see what im getting for my money first
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 11:02 pm

Alex wrote:
get the chinese bidding and im sorry you dont have a chance lol they will keep going and going.

if i was spending thousands like that id like to see what im getting for my money first

i disagree alex, once ray peel starts bidding the chinese have no chance.......... lol!

also, its the same with the homing world, every week there are pages full of auctions and pigeons for sale, and the birds on offer are all "top class" or "super racers or breeders", yes course they all are.............. lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 11:10 pm

this has to be the worst time of year to buy stock as most have sorted their pairings for the breeding season ahead and people are just selling their cast offs although their are some genuine sales but the majority No jmo
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 11:18 pm

David wrote:
Alex wrote:

i disagree alex, once ray peel starts bidding the chinese have no chance.......... lol!

also, its the same with the homing world, every week there are pages full of auctions and pigeons for sale, and the birds on offer are all "top class" or "super racers or breeders", yes course they all are.............. lol!
Laughing Laughing Laughing think he will put 60 grand on that one
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 11:19 pm

louella cant compete with ray......... lol!
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 11:34 pm

no one outbids ray he the top man
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 7:45 am

to be honest if i want a bird i,ll get it but i do have a limit,i would,nt want to pay over the top for something then find out its rubbish.you do,nt mind a few hundred maybe but thousands no..just as much pleasure getting a winner out of cheap one than a expensive one
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:18 am

i see your point ray but who is paying 50.000 euro for a bird thats not got much hisyort
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:17 am

I can see everybody's point of view here.
But like Ray, if I'm after a bird from a particular pairing, from a certain line.
Then so be it. regardless of cost, I will get it.
It's nice when your instincts are right, but a total pisser when it doesn't produce the goods.
One thing about Chinese Lofts, they are all syndicates. Just like race horse owners over here.
I once read an article about Jos Thone, he had a visit from a team of Chinese delegates. They said to him, we can copy anything in the world. The only thing we cant replicate is your pigeons.
I bet blank cheques flew everywhere, lol!
How many crap ones did he also offload lol!
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:26 am

a fool and his money are easy parted
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:39 am

I agree and I have been on many occasion. lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:43 pm

yes but then the fool offloads the crap onto some other poor sod.........
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 2:30 pm

Glad my mate doesn't come on forums much. He would tell you what I do with crap.
I once got a pair of pigeons, from an extremely well known pair of fanciers.
They bred nothing but crap, I didn't really care about the amount they cost.
They went in the bin bag a year later.
We saw them once in Blackpool and they enquired how we did with them.
You should have seen their face, when I said they were dead.
Concerned they asked how they died. scratch
Before I had time to answer, my mate chirped up and said he stretched their necks.
One of them, nearly choked on his coffee.
That made it all worth while. lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 2:48 pm

i can beat that gary many years ago i brought what i thought were 3 pairs of rex doe verheyes at a cost of 350 quid from a guy down in cornwall well when they arrived 2 were squeekers both almost dead 2 older birds minus there rings and 2 others that didnt even belong the guy i called him and said what the f--k is this shit his reply what do you want for 350 quid lol i said if your front door shuld ever land on your sofa you know its me calling on that note i put them all in the bin never again will i buy a bird without seeing it or the loft first leson learnt
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:11 pm

lol! I saw the lofts so I didn't have an excuse and the videos lol!
It pisses me off, when you get fanciers like that.
My mate once bought a 3 year old cock from another well known fancier for £375 and he said I guarantee it will breed you winners. He stuck it in the bull box, it never filled an egg. He rang him and kicked off with him.
He was most apologetic and told him to keep the bird and he will send him a replacement.
A week later the replacement bird turned up. It was a fine looking bird but it was a hen. My mate went on the phone again to him and told him the hen wasn't what he wanted. The guy replied, well I'm sorry you feel that way. I said you could keep the original cock and I sent you this other bird for free and said it was the best he could he do for him. scratch
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 5:07 pm

wheres that 50.0000 euro bird gone off pipa
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 5:08 pm

on its way to south shields........ lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 5:29 pm

should have guessed silly me thanks david
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 5:36 pm

havnt you noticed hes not on site, he`ll be waiting for it coming.............. lol!
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 7:31 pm

probley just come into money but not saying hope he has some beer money left for b/pool
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 7:52 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
probley just come into money but not saying hope he has some beer money left for b/pool

Im o.k i only drink coke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

opinions on pippa Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions on pippa   opinions on pippa Empty

Back to top Go down

opinions on pippa
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next