Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
who keeps records  Emptyby David Today at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
who keeps records  Emptyby David Today at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
who keeps records  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
who keeps records  Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
who keeps records  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
who keeps records  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
who keeps records  Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
who keeps records  Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
who keeps records  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) who keeps records  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 79 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 77 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.who keeps records  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
who keeps records  Vote_lcapwho keeps records  Voting_barwho keeps records  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
who keeps records  Vote_lcapwho keeps records  Voting_barwho keeps records  Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
    Statistics
    We have 1297 registered users
    The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222737 messages in 14002 subjects
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
    who keeps records  Winnerofwin
    From Fed Topper to Master Chef
    who keeps records  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
    Top posters
    David
    oldstrain
    Don Webb
    Knackered
    peel bros
    IANYOUNG
    MISTY
    George & Morgan
    Gaz b
    birdy2011

who keeps records

Go down 
    +9
    lvlasked
    birdy2011
    David
    IANYOUNG
    Sky Tx
    Tdubz615
    peel bros
    Gaz b
    cawdy
    13 posters
    Go to page : 1, 2  Next
    AuthorMessage
    cawdy
    Chipping
    Chipping
    cawdy

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:18 pm

i am at the moment trying to input 40 years or breeding records and results into a loft management system and just thought id put up a post so see how many folk keep good records as if your as forgetful as me you have a piece of paper for every thing

my grandad has federation open results and SNFC results, prize cards and tickets going back to the 70's that ive always loved looking through we also keep a race record and breeding books which go back as far

ive been threatening for ages to put all this information together now im finally getting around to it i wish id never started LOL
    Back to top Go down
    Gaz b
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Gaz b

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:25 pm

Good luck mate. It's good when you finally get it all done. I'm meticulous about these things. I keep one set in books that I write in and another on the computer that is used for pedigree printing.
    There are those that say that they can remember every pairing and offspring, I beg to differ. It can't be done.
    Just make sure that you get a good management system, it makes life so much easier.
    [img]who keeps records  DSCF9471[/img]
    This is the scene in my house at the mo.
    Back to top Go down
    http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
    peel bros
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    peel bros

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 1:10 pm

i write everything down ,i have all my books from when i first started racing
    Back to top Go down
    Tdubz615
    Chipping
    Chipping

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 1:38 pm

Well lads, i'm just starting out but will be making sure i keep good records of everything that goes on in the loft.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.astarpigeoncouriers.co.uk
    Sky Tx
    Hatchling
    Hatchling
    Sky Tx

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:28 pm

I have a sprial note book that goes back to 1976 with my records---The HARD COPIES
    I have the Hawkeye system on my computer that is a VERY good system.
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:35 pm

cawdy wrote:
    i am at the moment trying to input 40 years or breeding records and results into a loft management system and just thought id put up a post so see how many folk keep good records as if your as forgetful as me you have a piece of paper for every thing

my grandad has federation open results and SNFC results, prize cards and tickets going back to the 70's that ive always loved looking through we also keep a race record and breeding books which go back as far

ive been threatening for ages to put all this information together now im finally getting around to it i wish id never started LOL

think the question should be who doesnt keep records
    Back to top Go down
    cawdy
    Chipping
    Chipping
    cawdy

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:50 pm

IANYOUNG wrote:
    cawdy wrote:

think the question should be who doesn't keep records

i know what you mean most people do keep records. but i not every body dose to the same degree. and im hope some ppl will go into what type of records they keep

its also quite interesting to see how many ppl are using loft management software
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:10 pm

hi cawdy, i only keep "records" in a book, they are very basic and its enpough for me to keep a track on what i need to remember............i have never used one of these loft management systems, and to be honest i have no idea what it does, which helps the fancier....... scratch

anyone tell me what a loft management system is and what it does .....?
    Back to top Go down
    birdy2011
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    birdy2011

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:21 pm

keeps all ya breeding records etc makes peddigrees race entries

Back to top Go down
    cawdy
    Chipping
    Chipping
    cawdy

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:53 pm

what they do depends on the software some are as simple as just somewhere to store your breeding and race records of the birds

some of them have functions where it displays the information in graphs and you can pull up years worth of info in one space rather than having 10 tones of paper infront of you .....the only real advantage is that you have all the information in the one place and in a more organised format
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:55 pm

so nawt that cant be done with a pencil and paper............. Razz
    Back to top Go down
    lvlasked
    Youngbird
    Youngbird

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:02 pm

all mine birds on my pc Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    http://cing.co.uk/
    Sky Tx
    Hatchling
    Hatchling
    Sky Tx

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:09 pm

YES David --pencel and paper works

But with my hand wrighting BAD--and my spelling WORSE---Its just easeir on the computer for me.
    And the "HAWKEYE" system does more than you will ever think about.
    It will pull up all brother/sisters-----all birds from certain pairs ETC.
    They may even have a FREE trial OFFER.
    Back to top Go down
    Sky Tx
    Hatchling
    Hatchling
    Sky Tx

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:17 pm

Anyone send me an E-Mail address and I'll try to send you the Hawkeye system

dr7423@yahoo.com
    Back to top Go down
    oldstrain
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    oldstrain

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:27 pm

i just buy a large diary and put it all down in their
    Back to top Go down
    cawdy
    Chipping
    Chipping
    cawdy

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:09 pm

is it the full version of hawke eye or just the trial
    Back to top Go down
    Ginger
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    Ginger

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:05 pm

Cawdy I use LMS EAST COAST SOFTWHARE if hawk eye is the same I would advise you to start from the back so dont have to keep going back on the sire & dam also use a memory stike to back up on to, as my pc burnt out and had to get a computer buff to get it off the hard drive if I would have lost that I would have lost all my old numbers and would have been lost without them as they go back to 1956 and thats alot to lose study study study study study scratch scratch scratch
    Back to top Go down
    birdy2011
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    birdy2011

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:20 pm

hi ginger there are online banks that you can leave files for safety there free

then should ya pc go bust ya just go to the site and retreve them
    Back to top Go down
    richardpayne
    Hatchling
    Hatchling

Location : Esperanza Les LaNDES VALEGuernsey Channel IslandGY3 5JJ GY35JJ s

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: whokeeps records   who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:14 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
    hi ginger there are online banks that you can leave files for safety there free

then should ya pc go bust ya just go to the site and retreve them
    good advice birdy2011
    Back to top Go down
    Alex
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    Alex

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:54 pm

might need to look into something on the computer to be honest, only down on paper for me
    Back to top Go down
    lvlasked
    Youngbird
    Youngbird

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:54 pm

alex you was ment to help me build this program you ...........
    Back to top Go down
    Alex
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    Alex

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:55 pm

yes lol i know can still do if you want? ill bb you lol
    Back to top Go down
    lvlasked
    Youngbird
    Youngbird

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:02 pm

no point fone f****d up and dunno way lol
    Back to top Go down
    Alex
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    Alex

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:03 pm

lol! lol!
    Back to top Go down
    lvlasked
    Youngbird
    Youngbird

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:03 pm

pm me Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

who keeps records  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: who keeps records    who keeps records  Empty

Back to top Go down

who keeps records
    Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next