Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
PIPA Responded - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
PIPA Responded - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
PIPA Responded - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
PIPA Responded - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
PIPA Responded - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
PIPA Responded - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
PIPA Responded - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
PIPA Responded - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
PIPA Responded - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) PIPA Responded - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.PIPA Responded - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
PIPA Responded - Page 2 Vote_lcapPIPA Responded - Page 2 Voting_barPIPA Responded - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
PIPA Responded - Page 2 Vote_lcapPIPA Responded - Page 2 Voting_barPIPA Responded - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
PIPA Responded - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
PIPA Responded - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

PIPA Responded

Go down 
+6
Alex
David
birdy2011
Rene A
stormqueen
Gaz b
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PIPA Responded - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 9:28 am

Brilliant news Gary now things are rolling just this is the first signs for the change which is needed cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:17 am

We need to shout this from the rooftops, let the world know what we are up against. I'm surprised that some of the big studs and companies I have emailed have not even took the time to reply to my email. Well stuff em.
I am now thinking of making a list on the website to shame them all. Yes they should be ashamed, they take from the fancy on a daily basis and when asked to give something back to the very sport that has lined their pockets for years, they just don't want to know.
Stuff em, I'm going to try and enlist some of the better known European fanciers to support us. It's a shame our own boys wont commit.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:41 pm

before you came on here gary ian set a fire fund up for the lads whos lofts got burnt down i emailed 23 people top studs and many pigeon shops not 1 reply so it amazes me funny though as david says we all help charities
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:51 pm

Got it in one G, this I think will be a turning point in the sport as a whole.
Us fanciers, need to take time and re evaluate the fancy as a whole and strengthen the links between individual fanciers, so we may work together and maybe put some of the fat cats of the fancy on a diet. lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:02 pm

great news getting pipa onboard gary lets hope it has an impact as for the ones that dont want to support us fanciers please name and shame then we can stay away from having any dealings or letting any of our money go to them via buisness transactions Smile
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:35 pm

put a list up of those who have ignored your request for help etc...........
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:39 pm

That's the one mate.
But I will try not to be hasty and give em a little time to respond.
But that is a route I am going to take once I have finished doing this email campaign. cheers
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:42 pm

This the email that I have sent to them all.

Hi,
Pigeon fancier here, just in case you think it’s one of those dodgy begging letters that find the way into everyone’s email accounts.
My name is Gary Burgess a pigeon fancier of many years.
I would just like to bring to your attention a campaign that we fanciers have now put together in a bid to save the fancy from dying.
This action is to get the fanciers in the UK and protest about the current issues surrounding the very serious problem that is affecting every fancier here in the UK.
That problem is the increasing numbers of birds of prey, which are now relentlessly attacking our birds on a daily basis.
We want this problem to be brought to the attention of the British Government and DEFRA as the RSPB just don’t want to know and are accusing us of over exaggerating the whole issue.
Your help, would help give to credibility to the whole campaign and would in fact, protect all our interests for years to come.
Your help in this very serious matter would be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards
Gary Burgess
On behalf of the British Pigeon Fanciers

http://saveourracingpigeons.yolasite.com/

http://www.change.org/petitions/save-our-racing-pigeons-debate-the-overpopulation-of-predatory-hawks-inhabiting-urban-areas
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:50 pm

Something else I found on my travels, it's an old report,2008 but does have some interesting facts.
http://www.rspb.org.uk/Images/sparrowhawksandpigeons_tcm9-187597.pdf
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 5:00 pm

very interesting gary, what idiot wrtote this...?

Conclusions
• Sparrowhawk impacts on racing pigeons are extremely low when compared to other
factors such as straying, bad weather, domestic cats and collisions (see overleaf).
• There is no scientific justification for suggesting that the killing or removal of
sparrowhawks is an appropriate, proportionate response to this iss

also it says sparrowhawks take less than 1% or pigeons liberated for racing, i think this is total crap. what about exercising round the loft too....?
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:12 pm

It's all strings to our bow as they say
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 9:13 pm

what idiot does these surveys..........?
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 9:34 pm

Exactly, this is why we need everybody to report attacks, even if the birds manage to get away, this way we can get a clear overall picture based on fact.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 9:42 pm

have you seen the map of reported attacks on the rpra website gary...?
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 9:50 pm

I have a link to it from my website, in fact there's a new attack just come up.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 10:04 pm

shame you cant contact the fanciers who made each report gary, a few of us could all email them if details/emails were available.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 10:28 pm

I can get their names and locations. But that's it.
A few have signed the petition.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 7:32 pm

i see people from poland and the usa have signed gary. word is spreading eh....... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 7:50 pm

all over the US, Australia, one of the guys from PIPA, Russell Birdman Hayes, Jim Savage, Ian Axe, just to name a few.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 7:53 pm

yes i noticed ian axe had signed, only thing is tho he signed ian and nigel as one, should have signed seperately.........
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 8:04 pm

I'm just grateful they signed, an I can knock them off my shamed list. lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 8:05 pm

Gaz b wrote:
I'm just grateful they signed, an I can knock them off my shamed list. lol!

yes true gary, wasnt being ungrateful............... lol!

it looks good when known fanciers names are on the list. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 8:14 pm

I know you wasn't mate and can see where your coming from. Yep theres a good few on there now and it does at least add some credibility to the petition.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Gaz b wrote:
all over the US, Australia, one of the guys from PIPA, Russell Birdman Hayes, Jim Savage, Ian Axe, just to name a few.

Gary it was me who forwarded the message on facebook to Jim mate
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:49 pm

Cheers Don, they are started to come now mate.
Tomorrow our article will be on PIPPA and then it's all systems go. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PIPA Responded   PIPA Responded - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PIPA Responded
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next